Status: COMPLETED

Adopted by the Cullen's? Sweet!

Hospitals

*Beep* *Beep* *Beep*

I groaned at the sound of the stupid noise. I lifted my arm, about to throw the clock at the wall, but a tug on my hand stopped me. I opened my eyes slowly, then slammed them shut when a harsh, white light blinded me. I sighed, and opened them again. I blinked a few times, and looked down. I saw an IV in my hand. 'What the fuck?' I looked around, and everything was white, and depressing. I tried to lift myself up, but hissed in pain, and dropped back down on the uncomfortable bed. I groaned in pain when I felt the sharp pain coarse threw my ribs, and my head. I heard the door open and looked over to see Esme. She looked at me, and sighed in relief, and was by my bed in an instant.

"Oh my poor baby," she said, and kissed my forehead, while hugging me lightly. I hugged her back.

"I'm fine mom," I said. "Where am I?"

"In the hospital in Phoenix," she said. I stared at her. "Honey, do you not remember what happened?" She asked me. I shook my head slowly, panic flowing threw me.

"No. What happened?" I asked.

"What's the last thing you remember?"

"Baseball, the three vampires, and going somewhere with Bella, Alice, and Jasper," I said. Esme sighed.

"One of the three vampires, James, found you and Bella in Phoenix, and somehow tricked you and Bella into meeting him. He hit you, and broke three of your ribs, and cracked your skull open. You have been unconscious for a week, sweetheart," she said. I stared, mouth dropped to the floor. I looked down at my hands, as the images of what happened flashed threw my mind.

"How's Bella?" I asked.

"She's fine, honey. Woke up a few hours before you did," she answered. I sighed in relief.

"Where is everyone?" I asked.

"Carlisle had to go back to Forks; he was needed in the hospital, Alice, Jasper, and Rose are hunting, Edward is with Bella, and Emmet is right outside the door," she said.

"Can I speak to him?" I asked. She nodded with a smile on her face.

"Sure baby. I need to hunt anyway," she said, bending down and kissing my forehead. She walked out the door, and Emmett walked in. I smiled brightly, and held out my arms. He knelt down by the bed, and wrapped his arms around me.

"Hi Teddy Bear," I whispered. He chuckled.

"Hi Tinker Bell." He pulled back, and looked at me. "Dylan, I want you to promise me something," he said.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Never put me threw that again, Dylan," he said seriously. I nodded.

"I promise," I whispered. He hugged me again. I pulled away, and yawned.

"Go back to sleep," Emmett said softly. I nodded, and layed down. I moved over to one side of the bed.

"Lay down with me," I said. Emmett looked at the bed, and raised an eyebrow at me. I rolled my eyes. "Come on!" I said, and patted the bed. He sighed, and layed down. It was surprising comfortable. He draped his arm over me protectively. "I love you, Teddy Bear," I said. He smiled down at me.

"I love you too, Tinker Bell," he said, and kissed my forehead. I snuggled into him, and fell asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's short, but when I wrote this on Quizilla, I had just lost a very good friend in a car accident, and wasn't really feeling the story.