Status: COMPLETED

Adopted by the Cullen's? Sweet!

Prom and Promises

I was finally home, and it was now prom. I was in front of my mirror in my bathroom, curing my hair into tight, spirally ringlets. I applied some black eyeliner to my eyes, then some gold eyeshadow, with some black mascara. I put some pink blush to my cheeks, and some clear lip gloss. I walked into my room, and slipped on my beautiful white and gold dress. I put on my white heels, and decided I was ready.

I walked down the steps, and saw everyone else all ready too. Esme was at my side instantly, pulling me into a hug. "You look so beautiful," she gushed. I laughed slightly.

"Thanks mom," I said, hugging her back. Carlisle walked over and also gave me a hug. Alice and Rose danced over.

"We're going to go to Bella's and help her get ready," she said. She kissed my cheek, and flitted out the door with Rose and Edward behind her. I felt an arm wrap around my shoulder, and looked up into Emmett's smiling face.

"Looks like we will be escorting you, small fry," he said. I smiled at him and Jasper.

"Thanks guys," I said.

"Be careful, Dylan," Carlisle warned.

"I will be. Love you, dad," I said, and kissed his cold cheek. I kissed Esme's cheek as well.

"Bye mom." I walked out the door, Jasper in front of me, Emmett still by my side. "Will you promise me something, Emmett?" I asked quietly.

"Sure," he said.

"Will promise to never leave me?" I asked him, my voice cracking slightly at the end. He stopped, and looked down at me, startled by the question I guess.

"Dylan, I promise you, I will never leave you," he said, leaning down, and kissing my forehead. I smiled.

"Thank you," I said. He smiled back, and picked me up to put me in the jeep. I sat in passenger's seat, and grinned at Jasper who was outside.

"I'll see you at the dance," he said, and ran away, probably to meet up with Alice. I smiled over at Emmett, and he drove to the dance. He parked right by the doors, and turned to me.

"I'm gonna have to drop you off here. I got to go pick up Rose," he said. I nodded.

"See you in a bit," I said, and stumbled out of the ginormous jeep. I walked into the dance, and looked around. "I can't believe they picked this theme, "I muttered to myself, and jumped slightly when I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned around and saw Jason. I took a step back. "Not today, Jason. I want to enjoy tonight," I warned. He held up his hands in a defensive way.

"I just wanted a dance since your family isn't here to kill me yet," he said, and smiled at me. I rolled my eyes.

"One dance," I said. He grabbed my hand lightly, and led me to the dance floor. A slow song started up, and he wrapped both his arms around my waist, and I placed mine on his shoulders.

"So how are you doing after the whole.....attack?" He asked awkwardly. I cleared my throat.

"Oh, umm...I'm doing great. My ribs are almost healed, and the crack in my head is healed," I answered.

"That's good," he said, and we danced for a couple more seconds, then he came to a stop. I looked up at him confused. "I'm sorry. For everything. The way I've been treating you since you got here, for what happened to you. Everything," he said, and I could see the sincerity in his crimson eyes.

"Some of that wasn't your fault. You can't help the way I smell to you, and what happened with James....that sure as hell wasn't your fault. You don't have to blame yourself for the way things went down," I said honestly. The song ended right when my family and Bella walked threw the doors. Emmett saw Jason by me, and took a step towards us. I caught his eyes, and shook my head. He stopped, but continued glaring at Jason. I faced Jason. "Thank you for the dance," I said quietly. Jason grabbed my hand lightly, and kissed it.

"No, thank you," he said, and smiled at me. He backed away into the group of dancing teens, leaving me breathless. I turned around and ran into Edward and Bella. I smiled at Bella, and gave her a hug.

"You look amazing," I said. She smiled back.

"Are you kidding? That dress looks amazing on you," she gushed back. I laughed.

"Go have fun," I said, and lightly pushed Edward and Bella away. I saw Mike and Jessica by the picture taking place, and they waved at me. I waved back. I started walking another way, and saw Eric and Angela by the DJ thingy. They smiled at me. I saw Alice and Jasper, dancing and staring deep into each other's eyes. I kept walking and saw Rosalie and Emmett also on the dance floor. They noticed me, and motioned for me to go over to them. I walked over, and was instantly pulled into Emmett's giant arms. I hugged him back. Rosalie pulled me out of his grip, and into her's, so she could hug me too.

"My God, you look so beautiful, Dylan," Rosalie said. I smiled at her.

"Thank you, Rose, but you look so much better than I do," I said. She smiled.

"Not tonight," she said, and I was surprised. I never thought I would see the day when Rosalie said someone was more beautiful than she was. I smiled brightly at her, then walked away since she and Emmett started dancing again. I walked outside, then stopped when I saw Edward and Bella out there by themselves dancing. I looked up, and saw the bright, full moon. I took a deep breath, and closed my eyes. 'God, my life is perfect.'