Status: COMPLETED

Adopted by the Cullen's? Sweet!

Happy Birthday To Me

You know that feeling you get in the pit of your stomach when you something bad is going to happen? Well, that's what I'm feeling right now. I was watching Romeo and Juliet with Edward and Bella, listening to Edward recite the words in Bella's ear. They started talking about something, and I heard something about the Volturi. I got up, and walked outside to get some fresh air. I sat down on the steps, and looked up, staring at the stars. 'Why am I getting this feeling?' i thought. Bella's 18th Birthday was tomorrow, and my 16th Birthday was two days after that. This week is supposed to be good, right?

"Dylan?" I heard someone ask from behind me. I turned my head and saw Emmett. I smiled.

"Hi Teddy Bear," I greeted. He sat down next to me, and started playing with my long, blond hair.

"Everything okay, Tinker Bell?" He asked. I nodded.

"Everything's fine," I lied. He narrowed his eyes at me.

"What aren't you telling me?" He asked. I chuckled.

"Emmett, please, I'm alright," I said softly. He sighed, and wrapped his huge arm around my small shoulders, pulling me closer to him.

"Alright, alright. I'll back off for now," he said, and kissed the top of my head. I laughed, and closed my eyes. 'Please let tomorrow be a good day.'

BELLA'S BIRTHDAY

I was upstairs in my room taking a shower with my vanilla scented everything. I got out, and blow dried my hair to it's natural waves. I got dressed in my outfit and I put on the accessories, applied the lip gloss, then slipped on my flip flops. I walked down the stairs, and saw everyone but Edward, who was most likely going to get Bella. I walked towards the couch, and plopped down beside Emmett, who smiled over at me. I grinned back. We heard Bella's truck pull in, how could you not? Damn things ancient. Anyway, when she walked in, Emmett ran out the door. I chuckled knowing what he was doing. I stood up, and walked up to her. I gave Bella a giant hug. "Happy Birthday," I whispered in her ear. She gave me a look, which I completely understood. She was now a year older than Edward, and would keep getting older. I gave her a look, that told her I understood.

"Thanks," she muttered. I smiled slightly. She walked in the room, and Alice immediately started bombarding her with presents.

"This one is from Emmett and Rosalie," she said, handing Bella the box. Bella opened it, and peered inside. I laughed at the look on her face.

"It's a new radio. I already installed it in your truck," Emmett said. Bella smiled.

"Thank you," she said, putting the box to the side. Alice handed her another.

"This one is from Dylan," she said. Bella looked at me with a smile, and opened it. It was a beautiful heart-shaped necklace with diamonds on it.

Bella gasped and looked at me, shocked. "How much did you spend?" She asked. I just smiled secretively, and waved my hand, dismissing the question. Alice handed her another box, and that bad feeling came back. Bella opened the box, and saw two plane tickets. she looked questionably over at Esme and Carlisle.

"They are to Jacksonville," Esme said sweetly. Bella smiled.

"Thank you so much...ow. Paper cut," she said quietly, examining her finger. I saw Jasper look over at her, and growl. Edward pushed Bella back when Jasper lunged at Bella, me in the way. I gasped, and jumped off the back of the couch a split second before he could ram into me. I hit the ground with a loud thud at about the same time I heard glass shatter when Bella hit the glass table. I peeked over the couch to see Edward and Jasper collide, sounding like two boulders hitting each other. I stood up. Emmett had his huge arms locked around Jasper, keeping him in place.

"Take him outside, Emmett," Carlisle said. Emmett obeyed, and ran outside, his arms still locked around Jasper. I looked over at Bella, and saw her arm bleeding heavily.

A couple hours later, Emmett and Jasper walked in the door, Jasper immediately running up the stairs, and out of the room everyone else was in. I sat on the couch, with my knees up to my chest, and my chin resting on my knees. I heard Emmett sigh loudly, and sat down beside me. "You okay?" He asked. I nodded.

"Why wouldn't I be?" I asked, slightly confused.

"Jasper was about to crash into you, and you hit the ground pretty hard. I heard it from I where I was even with everything else going on," he said. I chuckled, and turned my head towards him.

"I'm fine, Emmett. I swear. Besides, the fall wasn't that bad," I reasoned. I yawned, and stretched out on the couch, leaning against Emmett. I looked down at my hands. After everything that happened today, why was that bad feeling still here? What else could possibly go wrong? I fell asleep to this thought.

I woke up the next morning to no sound. I got out of bed, and walked down the steps to see Edward sitting on the couch with a blank expressing on his face. "Edward? Where is everyone?" I asked. His head snapped in my direction.

"Out hunting," he answered.

"Oh," I said.

"You don't have to go to school today," he said. I glanced at him, confused.

"Okay?" I said, but it sounded more like a question. I walked back up the stairs, falling back to sleep.

I guess all the drama from before must have drained me because I didn't wake up again until about 4 A.M. on the morning of my 16th Birthday. I smiled brightly, and ran out my room, and down the steps into the kitchen. I ran to the fridge and took out a cupcake I made for myself, and put a candle in it. I took out a match, and lit it. "Mom! Dad!" I yelled. I heard nothing. "Emmett!" Nothing. "Alice!" Nothing. "Rose! Jasper! Edward!" Still nothing. I walked into the living room, and saw a note on the table. My heart beat instantly started increasing. I picked the note up, my hand shaking.

Dear Dylan,

I am so very sorry that this is the way we have to tell you this, but we are gone. What happened on Bella's birthday made us all realize that adopting you put you in more danger than anything else. Please understand that we are doing this for your own good, and that we love you and always will love you. We are so sorry for how much pain this might put you in. Please understand Dylan.

Love,

Carlisle, Esme, Emmett, Rosalie, Edward, Alice, and Jasper


I couldn't believe it. I let the tears fall, and dropped the letter. I stared at the birthday cupcake. "Happy Birthday to me," I sang, and blew out the candle.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is the last chapter, but don't worry, I'll be posting some of the sequel tomorrow.