Status: COMPLETED

Adopted by the Cullen's? Sweet!

Land!

When we got home, I jumped out of the jeep, and threw myself on the ground. "Land!" I shouted in relief. I heard Rosalie laughing behind me, and Emmett sigh. He grabbed my arm lightly, and pulled me up. I grinned up at him showing him I was kidding. He smiled down at me.

"Come on squirt," he said, walking me into the house. I turned around slightly when I heard Edward's Volvo pull up. Alice, Jasper, and Edward got out. Alice ran up to me smiling.

"You wanna go shopping in Port Angles?" She asked me.

"Sure." We were about to get in Edward's Volvo, when Rosalie piped up.

"Can I come?" She asked. Alice and I nodded. "You wanna take my car?" She asked with a smirk.

"Yeah!" I shouted. I loved Rose's car. Convertibles are awesome.

"Oh, and while you're gone, we're going to tell Carlisle what happened at school," Edward said.

"What? Why?" I asked.

"Dylan, you were almost hurt. We can't overlook that," Jasper said.

"But I wasn't. Doesn't that count for something?" I asked. Emmett sighed.

"Dyls, we just want to keep you safe," he said seriously. I gasped.

"Ohmygosh, were you justserious?" I asked, feigning shock. He raised an eyebrow at me, and grinned. I sighed. "Will I be on lock down?" I asked.

"Not unless one of us is with you at all times," Edward replied.

"Fine," I groaned, and hopped into the back of Rose'sconvertible. Alice got in the passenger's seat, and Rose jumped in the driver's seat. We waved bye, and peeled out of the driveway.

CULLENS

When Rosalie, Alice, and Dylan left, the boys ran into the house, and found Esme in the kitchen reading a book. "Esme, we have news," Edward said. Esme looked up, not liking the tone of Edward's voice.

"What is it?" She asked softly. The boys explained to her what happened at school, and she was in shock. "Oh, my baby," she said. "I'll call Carlisle," she said, and grabbed the phone. She dialed the hospital, and got Carlisle on the phone. "We have a problem," she said gravely.

"Esme, what is it?"Carlisle's voice sounded worried.

"There's a vampire after Dylan," she said softly. Threw the phone, she heard Carlisle stand up, and grab his keys.

"I'm on my way,"he said, and hung up. Esme sighed, and faced her boys.

"He's on his way," she said. They nodded. A couple minutes later, they heard Carlisle'sMercedes pull into the drive way. He opened up the door, and looked around.

"Where is she?" He asked worriedly.

"She's fine. Alice and Rosalie took her to Port Angles to shop," Edward said. Carlisle sighed in relief.

"So what exactly happened?" He asked.

"A vampire named Jason likes her scent...a lot," Jasper said. Carlisle looked at him.

"Are you sure?" He asked him. Jasper, Emmett, and Edward nodded. Carlisle sighed. "We'll have to talk to her and make sure she understands how dangerous this is."

"I agree," Esme said, weaving her arm threw Carlisle's. He looked down at her with a small smile.

"She will be fine Esme," He said, and gave her a quick kiss. She sighed.

"I know, but she's our baby now. I can't help but worry," she said.

"I know. I feel the same way," Carlisle said. And it was true. Carlisle and Esme felt as if she was their own daughter. She was a mix between everyone in the family. They were all very protective of her now, and would risk their lives to make sure that she was safe. They looked towards the door when they heard Rosalie's convertible pull in. The three of them walked in laughing, eachcarrying at least four giant bags each.

DYLAN

"Thank you guys so much. I would never have been able to afford this," I said to Rose and Alice. They both smiled at me.

"It was no trouble," Alice said. I smiled back. I turned back around to run into Esme. She wrapped her arms around me, and I dropped my bags to hug her back.

"I'm fine mom," I said softly. She pulled away to smile at me. She put her hand on my cheek.

"I don't know what this family would do if something were to happen to you," she said.

"Nothing's going to happen to me," I said. Carlisle walked up to us and also gave me a huge hug. "Hey dad," I said, and hugged him back. When I said dad, I noticed his grip on me tightened slightly, and became more protective. I pulled back and smiled.

"You do understand how dangerous it is to have someone like this after you right?" He asked. I nodded.

"Yes. I know what he can do to me, " I said softly. I took a deep breath. "So what are we going to do?" I asked.

"Like I said, make sure someone is with you at all times," Edward said. I sighed.

"Okay. Well I'm tired so I'm going to bed," I said, and started to walk up the steps.

"Do you want dinner?" Esme asked. I shook my head no.

"Not hungry, but thanks mom," I said, and walked into my room. I barely made it to my bed before I collapsed from exhaustion, and fell asleep the second my head hit the pillow.