Status: COMPLETED

Adopted by the Cullen's? Sweet!

Sick

The next morning, the house seemed oddly quiet. I walked down the steps in some jeans and a t-shirt with a grey hoodie and some black converse with my hair in a sloppy bun feeling like bumming it today. I walked into the kitchen to see everyone besides Edward standing there. I looked around. "Where's Edward?" I asked. Everyone looked at each other. Esme walked over to me, and wrapped an arm around my shoulders.

"He went to Alaska sweetie," she said.

"Why?" I asked, confused.

"The new girl's scent was to strong," Emmett said.

"Oh," I said sadly.

"Are you hungry?" Esme asked. I shook my head.

"Not really, but thanks mom," I said, and kissed her cheek. "Bye," I said, then kissed Carlisle's. "Bye daddy," I said, and walked out the door to Emmett's ginormous jeep. I held out my arms. "Ok, bubby. Give me a boast," I said. Emmett laughed, and lifted me into the jeep. I climbed in the back, and layed down. I closed my eyes, and breathed deeply.

"You ok small fry?" Emmett asked. I opened my eyes to see him and Rosalie looking at me worriedly. I smiled.

"Yeah, I'm fine," I said.

"Ok, if you're sure," Emmett said, and started the jeep. Jasper and Alice sat down next to me after I sat back up, and I just settled for leaning on Alice's shoulder, taking a small nap.

I woke up to cold fingers on my cheeks. I opened my eyes to stare into Emmett's worried golden ones. "Are you sure you're ok, Dyls?" He asked me. I nodded. He picked me up, and carried me out of the jeep, and sat me on the ground, where I leaned against the jeep, completely exhausted for some reason.

"Dylan, you coming?" Rosalie asked. I opened my eyes, and saw everyone a few feet in front of the door. I walked up to them, and walked to my first class, which unfortunately,I didn't have with any of my family. I sat down next to Mike Newton in my usual seat, and put my head down.

"Dylan are you ok?" He asked me. I shook my head no.

"Miss Cullen are you feeling alright?" The teacher, Miss Williams, asked me. I sat up straight and looked at her. "Sweetheart, you look very pale. Why don't you go to the nurse. Mr. Newton, will you help her there?" Miss Williams asked Mike. Mike nodded.

"Sure," he said, and helped me up. I stuffed my books in my bag, and leaned against Mike as we walked to the nurse's office. "You look really pale Dylan," he noted.

"Thanks Mike. That's just want to hear," I groaned. I started to get a pain in my stomach, and groaned again. Mike sighed, and picked me up. I gasped when my feet left the ground, and looked up at him.

"You look like you're about to pass out," he explained. I nodded, and leaned my head on his chest. When we reached the nurse's office, he sat me down on one of the beds. The nurse came in and checked me out.

"Hmm. 101.7 fever. I think you have the flu sweetheart. Let me call your mother," she said, and dialed my house. I curled up against Mike, who decided to stay with me, and shivered.

"Here Dyl," he said, and took off his coat. I looked at him in shock.

"No, Mike," I protested, but I felt so weak, that I just didn't care. He draped the coat over me, and I felt somewhat warmer.

"Your mother is on her way," the nurse said, walking back into the room. I coughed, and nodded. Mike was stroking my hair while we waited, and it put me to sleep.

The next time I woke up, I was in my own bed with Esme standing over me looking completely worried. "Mommy?" I asked weakly.

"Yes baby?" She asked.

"Can I have another blanket? I'm cold," I whispered. She nodded, and came back a few seconds later with another blanket and draped it on top of the others. I shivered, then fell back asleep.

I woke up a few hours later, and felt someone grasping my hand. I opened my eyes to see Emmett. I smiled, then coughed a few times. When I was done, I groaned. "You ok Dylan?" He asked, smoothing back my hair. I nodded.

"I'm getting there," I whispered. He sighed, and rubbed his thumb on my cheek.

"I hate seeing you like this," he whispered. I grabbed his hand tightly.

"Don't worry about it. It will pass in a few days," I said weakly. He sighed, and kissed my forehead, and of course, for the billionth time that day, I fell back asleep. The next time I woke up, Carlisle was by my bed. "Hi daddy," I said. He smiled slightly.

"Hi baby. How are you feeling?" He asked.

"Weak. Helpless. Sick," I said, summing it up. He sighed.

"Do you want some medicine?" He asked. I nodded. He went away for a split second and came back with some niquil and a glass of water. I poured some water in my mouth, then popped the niquil in my mouth and swallowed, practically choking myself. I downed the rest of the water, and placed it beside my bed.

"Thank you daddy," I whispered. He kissed my forehead.

"No problem angel," he said. I fell back asleep, and didn't remember waking up for days. The next time I woke up, I saw Edward by my bed.

"Edward?" I asked in a weak whisper. He bent down, and rested his head right by mine.

"Hi. How are you feeling love?" He asked. I groaned as answer. He chuckled lightly. "That bad huh?" I smiled, then had a coughing fit. Edward handed me a glass of water, and I sipped at it so I didn't hurt my throat anymore than it already was.

"When did you get back?" I asked.

"Today," he answered, playing with my hair.

"Oh," I whispered. "Will you stay with me until I fall asleep?" I asked. He nodded, and got into the bed with me, and wrapped his arms around me. I snuggled into his cold body, which felt good since I was over heating. I instantly fell asleep in the arms of my brother.