"Keep your hands off my girl!" "But, I don't like girls!"

Chapter one

Charlee's P.O.V.
I've just met the sweetest new guy, his name's Gerard Way, he's just moved here from New Jersey, he has the sweetest accent! He's 17 and so cute! Don't worry, I don't fancy him, there's not much point. I'll say no more! I don't think Billie likes him that much, which is insane! Gee Gee, as I call him, is the kind of person it is impossible to dislike. He lives just around the corner from me too!

Gerards P.O.V
Hurrah! I have met some friends. Mikey owes me 5 bucks! They're this couple, Billie Joe and Charlee. They're quite a bit older than me, or at least it feels that way, Charlee's 19 and Billie's 22. Charlee lives real close to me, which is great. It's nice to have a friend in a neighbourhood where you don't have to worry about being shot to death when you step outside your door. Billie seems really sweet, but very intense. He is just so pretty I wanna cry. And I know nothing can hapen, I just like him so much! He didn't say much to me. Maybe our connection is deeper than words...

Billie's P.O.V
What a bloody day. We've just been introduced to Charlee's new neighbour, a sweet funny, cool, attractive seventeen year old called Gerard. He's just moved here from New Jersey. I am so fucked. The pair of them were flirting like crazy. Gerard didn't say much to me, it was so awkward. Well, I guess it would be, since we both fancy the same fucking girl!

Charlee's P.O.V
I'm at the mall with Gerard and Billie. I've offered to show him 'round, Gerard's telling the post office his new address. Billie curled his arms around me.
"Do we really need to show this kid around?" He asked. I turned to him.
"Hey. He doesn't have anybody else. I thought you were ok with this."
"I am." He said quickly. "I am." He then leaned forward and kissed me hard. I kissed him back for a while, then I saw Gerard waiting behind Billie.
"Hey, Billie." He said awkwardly.
"Hey Gee Gee!" I said, recoiling from Billie. "Everything ok with the post office?" He nodded, still looking at Billie.
"Yeah, yeah, Fine." He stared at the ground.
"Are you ok?" I asked.
"Mmhm." He said, still staring at the ground. "Just tired."
"Well, ok, you wanna get a coffee somewhere?" He nodded, looking up for the first time in one whole minute.
"Ok, coffee sounds good." Billie sighed exasperatedly and turned around. I looked at him. "What's your problem?" He shrugged,
"Just don't feel like coffee."
"Well, we could have milkshakes or something?" Gerard offered quickly. God, he's so helpful. Billie shook his head,
"Naw, you guys go. I'll see you at home, Charlee." He left. I turned to Gerard.
"What the fuck's that all about?" He just shrugged.

Gerard's P.O.V
In the local shopping mall with Charlee and BILLIE! *swoon* I'm busy telling the post office my new address, but I can see Billie talking to Charlee in the reflection of the glass.
"Ok, that's you all set son." Said the guy behind the counter. I came out of my dream.
"Oh, thank you." I turned around to see Billie kissing Charlee. I closed my eyes, wishing I was there in her place. I walked up to them so I could see Billie's kissing stye more clearly.
"Hey Billie." I murmered sexily. Oh God! Did I just say that out loud? Charlee pushed Billie off her, smiling at me.
"Hey Gee Gee! Everything ok with the post office?"
"Yeah, yeah. Fine." I stared at the ground, fighting the urge to throw myself at Billie.
"Are you ok?" Charlee asked me. No, Charlee, I'm in love. With YOUR Boyfriend.
"Mmhm." I lied, "Just tired."
"Well, ok, do you want to get a coffee somewhere?" Charlee asked. I risked looking up.
"Ok, coffee sounds good." Billie sighed and turned around. My eyes shot to his ass like magnets.
"What's your problem?" Charlee confronted him. He shrugged his beautiful shoulders.
"Just don't feel like coffee."
"Well, we could have milkshakes or something?" I quickly offered. I hated milkshakes, but I'd do anything to get him to stay.Billie shook his head, walking away. I tried to keep my feet from following him.
"Naw, you guys go. I'll see you at home Charlee." Charlee turned to me.
"What the fucks that all about?" I shrugged, watching Billie sink into the distance.

Billie's P.O.V
That's it then. That is IT. My girlfriend has left me for a toyboy. All it takes is him to say hello to me and she's all over him. "Oh Gee Gee! Do you want a coffee Gee Gee?" I heard the door open and slam shut and Charlee came in. She looked positively furious. I shut my lyric book.
"Ok. What have I done now?" She glared at me.
"It's not what you did, it's what you didn't do." She said icily. I sighed.
"Oh great. Chick talk." She threw her coat at me, but I was to quick for her. I caught it.
"Seriously Billie, what have you got against this kid...?"
"Oh, he's fine." I opened my book. "He's a bit of a flirt...." I mumbled.
"ALRIGHT!" She sat down. "Now, you are gonna tell me what is wrong, ok?" I sighed.
"What's wrong is that he's clearly interested in you and, and you seem to like him and I don't know what to do..." I trailed off, too embarressed to speak. What she did next puzzled me She didn't admit to it or deny it. She didn't tell me she loved me and only me or dump me. (again.) Instead she laughed.
"You don't know? He hasn't told you?"
"Told me what, what don't I know?" I cried, instantly feeling left out. She laughed again.
"Ok, it's not my place to tell you, you're gonna have to talk to Gerard about this. I'll be 'round later, ok?" She left. Well, at least she had stopped calling him Gee Gee!

Gerard's P.O.V
Home alone. Mikey's at his friends for a sleepover and mom's at the store. I heard a knock at the door.
"Coming!" I yelled, turning off the TV. I opened the door. It was Billie. Alone.
"Hey." He said, smiling at me for the first time, awkward as it was. "Can we talk?" Oh, God! Ok, Gerard, don't panic, just say yes and invite him in. No, yes is weird, say sure, be casual!
"Sure." I said, stepping aside. Billie came in. Ok, so far so good. Now, what does he want to talk about. Best case scenario, he feels the way I feel. Fucking terrified. NO! He loves me back. Worst case scenario, he detests me.
"I wanna talk to you about Charlee." Said Billie. Huh?
"Ok." I said slowly, sitting down on the sofa It was still wrapped it bubble rap from the move. Mikey had popped most of it though. He sat down next to me.
"Listen, Gerard, you seem like a really nice kid, but, Charlee, we have a connection and if you were to get in the way of that, then it would pretty much be the end of our friendship." God, what the fuck was he talking about? At least I knew how to deal with the worst case scenario. Put a gun to my head.
"OK, I really don't know what you're talking about?" I stammared. Billie looked slightly annoyed,
"Look, I know you like her, but, she's my girlfriend...."
"Wait, what?" My brains were spinning in circles of confusion. He sighed.
"Look, it's obvious! I've seen you flirting with her and she really likes you, but I love her and I know she stll loves me, this is just lust...." I suddenly understood.
"Ok, Billie. I... I don't like Charlee. Ok, I don't, I could NEVER like Charlee." Billie raised his eyebrows.
"What? She not good enough for you?"
"No, no, not at all!" I moaned, "I could never like her because, I'm gay." Billie's eyebrows reached new heights at this sentence.
"Huh?"
"I'm gay." I repeated.
"You're gay?" I nodded. He smiled and sighed with relief, "Oh thank god!" I smiled too. Then his brow furrowed.
"Then why was it always so awkward with us?" Oh shit. I bit my lip.
"Ok. The truth is, I do like one of you..."
"I knew it! The whole gay thing was a lie! Now listen here....."
"No it wasn't. I don't like Charlee." Billie thought for a second.
"But, if you don't like Charlee.... then...." There was silence as he figured it out. "Oh my God." I bit my lip. He peered at me curiously, as if he thought I was joking. "You like me? I mean, LIKE me like me?" I nodded slowly. He sighed deeply.
"Jeez." I looked away.
"Look, can you just forget this ever happened? That we ever spoke?" He smiled at me. My heart skipped a beat.
"Well, I kinda have to." He said, "Because..."
"You're with Charlee." I finished. He nodded.
"Yeah." I sighed.
"I don't wanna feel this way..." He nodded.
"Yeah, I know."
"And I'm gonna try and forget about this."
"Hey, it's ok. Really." There was silence again. Billie got up slowly.
"Well, I'm gonna...."
"Yeah." I said, quickly getting up and opening the door. As he was about to leave, I forgot my promise for a second and I pulled him towards me and kissed him on the lips. After about ten seconds, my promise came flooding back to me and I pushed him away.
"I'm sorry!" I stamered, "I'm sorry, I don't know WHY I did that..." Billie didn't look angry or sympathetic this time. He looked scared.
"Ok, just promise me you'll NEVER do that again..." He said, his voice shaking. I looked at the ground. He thinks I'm a crap kisser.
"Hey." He pulled my chin upwards so we were facing each other. "Not because it felt bad, because.... it felt too good...."