"Keep your hands off my girl!" "But, I don't like girls!"

Chapter two

Billie's POV
I eventually found Gerard's house. God, Charlee is crap at giving directions.... I knocked on the door. I heard him squeak, "Coming!" In his stupid New Jersey accent. He opened the door. My face softened a little. I'd forgotten how small and young he was. He looked at me with wide eyes.
"Hey." I said, "Can we talk?" He looked positively terrified. Maybe that was a good thing. Maybe a good scare would get him to keep his feelings to himself.
"Sure." He said, his teeth chattering, stepping aside so I could come in. I walked into his house and heard him close the door behind me. I walked into the living room. He followed me catiously. "I wanna talk to you about Charlee." I said. He frowned a little.
"Ok...." He said, sitting down on the bubble wrapped sofa (?) I sat down too. "Listen, Gerard, you seem like a really nice guy, but Charlee and I, we have a connection and if you were to get in the way of that, then it would pretty much be the end of our friendship." He looked a little confused. Acting bastard.
"Ok, I really don't know what you're talking about..." He said, his voice quivering. I sighed.
"Look, I know you like her, but, she's my girlfriend...."
"Wait, what?" God, he was being such a coward! Why didn't he just admit it?
"Look, it's obvious!" I burst out angrily. "I seen you flirting with her, and she really likes you too, but I love her, and I know she still loves me, this is just lust..." Gerard started laughing slightly.
"Ok, Billie. I... I don't like Charlee, ok? I could NEVER like Charlee..." I frowned. OK, so this was what I wanted to hear, but Charlee was beautiful....
"What? She not good enough for you?" He looked anxious again.
"No, no, not at all! I could never like her because, I'm gay." What the fuck?
"Huh?"
"I'm gay." He repeated slowly.
"You're gay?" I tried to say more, but I was still in shock. He nodded. Oh happy days! I sighed blissfully. "Oh, thank God!" He smiled sheepishly. Then I remembered. At the mall, and when we first met....
"Then why was it always so awkward with us?" Gerard turned slightly paler.
"Ok, the truth is, I do like one of you..." I scoffed.
"I knew it! The whole gay thing was a lie! Now listen here..." Gerard interupted me.
"No it wasn't. I don't like Charlee." I frowned in thought, then the truth started to sink in a little.
"But, if you don't like Charlee, then..." I thought it over. THAT's why he'd been so quiet around me. It all made sense....
"Oh my god. You LIKE me? I mean LIKE me like me?" He nodded. slowly. I sighed.
"Jeez." He looked away, embarrassed.
"Look, can we just forget that this ever happened? That we ever spoke?" I smiled at him.
"Well, I kind of have to. Because..."
"You're with Charlee." He finished my sentence for me. I nodded.
"Yeah." There was silence. Gerard sighed.
"I don't wanna feel this way..." I nodded again.
"I know."
"And I'm gonna try and forget about this..." I stopped him from saying anymore.
"Hey. It's ok. Really." I got up off the sofa. "Well, I'm gonna..."
"Yeah." He said, getting up and walking to the door. He opened it for me to leave. Just as I was about to step out, he pulled me towards him with unusual force for a guy his size and kissed me on the lips. Well. This was new! It was actually quite nice. Wait, no it wasn't! Gerard pulled back, looking very ashamed of himself.
"I'm sorry! I'm sorry, I don't know WHY I did that..." He apologised and apologised, but I hadn't pulled away. He had. This was really starting to freak me out now. I stumbled backwards, away from him.
"Ok, just promise me you'll NEVER do that again..." Now MY teeth were chattering. Gerard stared at the ground, looking hurt. I walked up to him and pulled his chin gently upwards so we were facing each other. "Hey. Not because it felt bad, because.... it felt too good..."