"Keep your hands off my girl!" "But, I don't like girls!"

Chapter Six

Mikey's P.O.V
"I can't believe it!" My brother sobbed into my chest, soaking my Misfits T- shirt. "I don't wanna believe it! I won't!" I sighed sympathetically. I looked into his eyes, then my gaze travelled down to his tear stained face. I hadn't seen him this upset since I ate his last cookie when he was six.
"Did he say... why?" I asked unsurely. I was kind of the wrong person to confide in when it came to a gay Romeo and Juliet. Gerard wiped his eyes.
"No. Just that he has a history with Charlee." He sighed bitterly. "I just don't get it! I mean, he said he loved me, and he's staying with her?! God!" I shrugged.
"Sounds like a right prick to me..." Gerard nodded.
"Yeah. Yeah!" He sniffed, "But he was MY prick. And he's not a prick, Mikey. He's just scared. This is all new for him, so he chose the safer option. He'd never been with a guy before..." I scoffed.
"Neither had you!"
"Yeah, but I knew I was gay. I knew what to expect, it wasn't as big a shock for me. It was just... kind of like a fantasy coming true." I groaned.
"TMI, Gee!" It wasn't the sex stuff that was making me squirm, it was all the mushy stuff. Gerard rolled his eyes.
"Girls are way less complicated than boys." He said, sighing. I shook my head knowingly.
"No they're not! They're worse Gee! Trust me." He laughed. It was good to see him smiling again. I patted him on the back.
"There'll be someone else, Gee. Out there somewhere, they'll be some poor, lonely little gay guy, waiting for some Gee loving!" Gerard shoved me.
"God!" He considered this for a second. "Yeah, I guess there'll be someone else." He paused, "But I don't want someone else. I want him." I frowned. "
"But... he doesn't want you!" Gerard scoffed.
"Course he does! He loves me. He's just freaking out." Gerard got off the sofa and put on his long black coat. I stammered.
"Wh... what are you gonna do?" He buttoned up his jacket.
"First, I'm gonna get really drunk, then, I'm gonna go and tell him I love him."
"He already knows that!"
"That was a phone conversation! And my phone voice leaves a lot to be desired..."
"What about your drunk voice?" I sighed, "Gee, we're all fools in love, but you are the biggest fool..."
"I don't care, Mikey! I'm not gonna give up just like that." He finisihed buttoning up his coat. "Now..." He turned towards me, very businesslike for a man who was about to binge drink. "Do you have my fake ID?" I rolled my eyes, went through to the coat closet and got it out of my coat pocket. Gerard smirked triumphantly. "I knew you nicked it!"
"Well, we look so alike!" I whined. He snatched it off me and opened the front door. "Good luck." I said, as he walked down the path. Instead of turning right for Billie and Charlee's, he turned left for the liquor store. "You'll need it..." I muttered.