"Keep your hands off my girl!" "But, I don't like girls!"

Chapter Eight

Gerard's P.O.V
I woke up to a dull thumping noise.
"Go away Mikey." I mumbled groggily. The thumping continued. "I SAID go away." There was no answer, but the thumping continued like a drum beat. "For fuck's sake...." I muttered, getting out of bed. I opened the door, ready to give him a peice of my mind. But there was no one there. I then realised the thumping was in my head. Did I really drink that much? I groaned and rubbed my eyes. The thumping got louder. God, it was unbearable! "Mikey!" I yelled down the stairs.
"What?" He yelled back.
"Can you bring up two painkillers and a cup of coffee?" I could almost feel him smirk from downstairs. It was like his whole aura was smirking.
"Ok!" He said, and I heard him plod through to the kitchen, cackling away merrily.
"Lap it up..." I muttered to myself. I sighed heavily and went back to bed. I pulled the covers over myself and tried to remember what had happened last night, but that just made my head hurt even more. My back was throbbing too, for some weird reason. Mikey brought me back to Earth as he swooped into our room.
"Hangover doctor to the rescue!" He sang, putting the coffee and the painkillers on my table. I seized them and swallowed down one.
"If that doesn't help I'll take another one." I sipped the coffee. It was boiling hot, as usual. Mikey just doesn't have a clue. He can't even make cereal. "Thanks Mikey." I said, sucking my burnt tongue. He shrugged, missing my sarcasm.
"That's ok." He was about to leave and go downstairs, then he smacked his head. "Oh! Almost forgot. That guy you always go on about called for you. I sighed. He was utterly hopeless.
"You almost forgot." I said dangerously.
"Hey, I'm not in love with the dude. I don't need to remember."
"Why didn't you come and get me?!" I burst out angrily.
"You were asleep!"
"So wake me! Christ Mikey! What did he say?" He shrugged.
"Not much. He said he needed to talk to you, so I told him to come by the house later." Ok, so maybe he wasn't completely hopeless. I smiled.
"Thanks Mikey." He nodded and went downstairs. I sighed and drank the rest of the coffee. I was not going to fall asleep this time.

"Gee! Wake UP! Your date is here!" Mikey yelled, jumping up and down on my bed. I was about to swat him away, then I realised what he was saying.
"Oh God! Ok, tell him I'll be down in two minutes!" Mikey stopped jumping and ran down the stairs. I got out of bed and pulled on some black jeans. I then grabbed the only T-Shirt I could see and pulled it over my head. It was awful tight. Shit, It was my brothers! I scrambled around frantically, trying to find another T-shirt, but there was nothing. It would have to do. I sprinted through to the bathroom and checked my hair. God I needed to cut it. It looked like someone had skinned a bathroom mop, dyed it black and put it on my head. I sighed and stampeded down the stairs. I grinded to a halt at the front door, where Billie was standing, looking cool as hell, as usual.
"Hey." He said, his voice smooth.
"Hi." I said. He smiled.
"How are you feeling?" I shrugged.
"Oh, you know. Like I've died and been reborn." I said casually. He laughed. "So what are you doing here?" He scratched his neck.
"Well... Charlee and I broke up." I bit my cheeks fiercley to stop myself from smiling.
"Oh..?"
"Yeah. I caught her with another guy." The cheek biting wasn't working as I stood there, grinning like the Cheshire Cat.
"I'm sorry, Billie." But I wasn't sorry in the slightest. I had never been so happy. Billie shrugged.
"I'm not upset. I mean, sooner or later she would have caught me doing the same thing..." I grinned. "Look, Gerard. I'm really sorry about everything that's happened with us. Well, not everything, but you know..." I nodded. He continued. "I mean, I didn't break up with you because I didn't love you, I broke up with you coz I did. And it just freaked me out then. I didn't know what to do with it. But I know now. I'm sorry I didn't back then." I smiled at him.
" It's ok. So what are you gonna do now?" He sighed.
"Oh, I've gotta get out of here. I don't know where to, exactly, but I can't stay here." He laughed. "Too many memories..." My heart was sinking.
"But.... what about us? I mean, I could never see you again..." A flash of impulse ran through Billie's eyes. He pulled me close to him.
"Then come with me..."