Sequel: Deceptive in Truth

Honest in Lies

11

Gaspard delicately pushed her away so that they were separated by an arm’s length. His expression was of disbelief, his expression slightly angry. “Excuse me?”

Candy fumbled over her words. “I mean…well…it’d be more convenient, I mean, I could defend myself and you wouldn’t have to keep those men around, and you wouldn’t have to worry about me getting hurt, because I could defend myself, you know?” her voice trailed off highly as she rounded off with a question.

“Do you even know what you’re proposing?” his hands fell away from her arms. “Your death, Candy. You want me to bleed you dry and then pour my blood into you. Do you know what I’ve lived through? You wouldn’t be able to handle it. You can’t kill, you’ll go insane. And what about your life? You’re famous; for god’s sake you can’t just disappear off the face of the earth! Candy, you have a life. People adore you, look up to you! How will your death be explained if they never find a body?”

She herself grew angry. “You just got done saying you didn’t make others decisions! Why are you trying to make this one Gaspard? How do you know I don’t know what I want? How do you know I don’t want to escape from this life? How do you know I don’t despise it? That’s exactly it Gaspard! You barely know me! You don’t know what I want and you damn sure should not be making a decision for me!” Candy herself took a step back, arms crossed defensively.

“So just because you’ve been exposed to a little taste of what being a vampire is really like, you think you can handle it? Do you even know what a werewolf looks like? A real werewolf? You don’t. Could you find yourself off from a surprise ambush? No you couldn’t. And transforming you into a newborn vampire would just put you at more of a risk. It would be stupid and suicidal to ask me to turn you again.”

Suddenly overcome with raw emotion, she spat at his feet. “Fine. Don’t expect any ass tonight,” she quickly added on quietly, but knew he would hear her say, “Don’t make me out to be a necrophilia freak.”

Gaspard didn’t follow her, probably had her beaten home anyways. She didn’t want to go home. No, Candy most definitely did not. Didn’t want to give him the satisfaction that he was better than her. It was probably a stupid enough idea to do, but she headed into the entrance of a forest, some way off her property line. She was huffing as she sped walked, not realizing how deep she had really gotten. Her eyebrows knit, as she stopped to catch her breath.

A rustle sounded off in the distance, a sound Candy wrote off as a mere forest critter. Where exactly had she wandered off too? Swallowing, she looked up only to see the green and copious amounts of leaves. A rustle sounded off that was closer to her now.

“Hello?” the sound came again. “Is anyone out there? Gaspard? Charles? Eric? Theo?” she cleared her throat, turning in the direction of the next rustle.

There was a man there. His face was covered in a beard that hid almost everything except his upper features. His eyes were dark, split by the color of green and brown. “Hello….Candy.”

Candy grew light headed, but didn’t let it handicap her. Her mind yelled at her feet to go, and she was running. A disturbing sound erupted from her as she ran from the scenery she had just been in. there was crashing from behind her, as tears and cries started to wring themselves from her body. It was weak and somewhat quiet, since she was too busy moving her body. One particularly loud cry was all she could muster, before she missed her footing on a tree root.

With a cry she crashed into the knotty and weeded area, blood picking up at her already scraped knee. Letting out a low hiss, she flipped her head to peer over her shoulder. Gaspard was right about one thing. She hadn’t known what a werewolf looked like up till now.

They were horrible looking creatures. They stood over six feet tall, and had fur that resembled a cloudy day. Tufts of it sprouted in all directions, the lengths differentiating throughout the area. Their muzzle stuck several feet out from their actually wolfish face, the liquid seeping off in droplets. A row of wrinkles set ridges in, with eyes that had blackened the entire eye. The once humans teeth were all for resembling one of a canine. The incisors were particularly long, hanging almost a foot over the flap of the gum.

Candy could feel her skin paling. “Nice doggy,” she whined out.

He let out a loud and animalistic growl. Candy screamed and turned her body away from him just as he leapt at her. The impact and the ripping of claws never breached her skin. She peered through her arms held together to see Charles towering over her. The werewolf that had tried to attack her was flying against a tree. The sickening crack that resounded when he hit it was deafening to her ears. Candy couldn’t be caught off for long though, she saw the tree beginning to fall. Charles was in its path of destruction.

Candy called out his name before jumping from her knees. The tree was closing in on his head. She piled into him, sending them onto a rotten log. Charles had been underneath her and broken her fall, but the impact had sent her rolling off of him.

“Never said she had spunk Charles?” the wolf grimaced, stretching his back, his teeth bared.

“Don’t touch her,” his voice was seemingly dark and low for such a small man. He had risen without her even seeing, showing just how quick a vampire could actually move.

“I don’t want to touch her much. Just enough so that I can stain my muzzle with her blood and rub it in good old Gaspard’s face.”

Candy herself froze. Who thought like that, and made it their objective to eat someone? She shuddered visibly. “Candy,” Charles barked at her. “Run, I’ll hold him off. Go get Gaspard.”

“Go get Gaspard,” he mocked, pitiless eyes turning on her. “Don’t move a single muscle doll face and I’ll make your death quick.”

The werewolf held her gaze, matching with such coldness that she shuddered again. Candy felt without a doubt hypnotized by his glare. “Candy! Run! Do as I say!”

She didn’t need to be told twice. Her feet moved, heard the distant sounds of concrete smacking together. She couldn’t leave Charles there. There was no way he could defend himself without killing himself. Knowing that she’d receive hell for it, Candy turned around and headed back to the battle zone. Candy though, wasn’t as stupid as people obviously sought her out to be. She knew she wasn’t a match for a werewolf. She needed something that was.

A nice, thick tree branch seemed durable. Her eyes wandered furiously around until she found one that she could carry as well as swing. Moving quietly, she found herself positioned directly behind the werewolf. He had several markings of wounds on his body. Charles was equaled tallied too. His eyes flickered over her with lightening speed, but not enough to give her position away. Candy ran silently, until she swung like a batter and cracked the werewolf hard in the back. Her branch snapped like a twig.

Eyes widening as he turned slowly. Candy still held a small and much blunter branch in her hand. His hand swiped out at her as if he was going to try and swat her. Reacting in a panicky way, she thrust the branch into his large paw. He howled; the stereotypical howl too. Head tilted back and up towards the sky. Blood was swimming down his hand and dripping to the warm earth. The last thing she saw before she had blacked out was that large and bloody paw actually succeed at swiping her.
♠ ♠ ♠
comment? please? <3