Sequel: Deceptive in Truth

Honest in Lies

13

“Pardy, are you sure she’s alive?” it was a female voice, without a doubt. Candy could hear it, even if she was half asleep.

“Piera!” the voice was scolding. “Are you trying to wake her up?”

“Oh Pardy hush. You’re so uptight.”

She stirred in her sleep, rolling beneath the sheets. Finally forcing her eyes open, she saw two sets of eyes looking at her. One was the deep set swirling ocean of Gaspard’s orbs, wide and shocked as their eyes locked instantly. His pallor was pale, but quickly enough flushed as he realized she was awake. His hair was seemingly tousled, as if he had been stressed and fighting the urge to tear his tufts out. The other belonged to the feminine voice. They were wide, and coated by long lashes; if they were fake or not, Candy couldn’t tell. They were blue, lighter than Gaspard’s and flecked with green around the pupil. This pair, Candy could see a smile growing as their eyes met.

“Candy,” Gaspard stuttered, directing her eyes back to him. “How are you feeling?”

Was he talking to her? “I’m…” she paused to mentally examine herself; “Better…” she trailed off, eyes landing on the most striking woman. Her hair was blond and somewhat pleated, her ruby lips pulled somewhat in a smile. Her body was curvaceous, with breasts that would kill.

Jealously instantly panged her. Gaspard’s voice dragged her out to again. “Are you certain? How does your head feel?”

“Fine,” she pushed back the covers to realize she was still clothed in just a towel. Blushing, she stood shakily. Gaspard’s hands moved to either side of her to steady her. “Can….Can I get dressed?”

Gaspard peered down at her, but pressed his lips against her hairline. “I’ll be downstairs.”

The woman stayed behind, arms crossed as she inspected her. Her eyebrow was arched apprehensively, but when she spoke, she didn’t even sound how she looked. She spoke like a little child hyped up on sugar. “Hey, I’m Piera. Gaspard’s little sister.” She smiled, revealing her wickedly sharp teeth.

Sister. Gaspard had a sister. Her face flustered even more, as Piera seemed to bore into her. “It’s…it’s nice to meet you Piera.”

Her head tilted to the side, amused. “There’s no need to be scared of me Candy,” her hand brushed some hair away from her face. “I don’t eat pretty little girls.”

“How…how did you get here?”

“Pardy called me, said it’d be a lot more comforting if his baby sister was here to help along.” She winked playfully. “So, I flew in. saw you as the pretty little Sleeping Beauty you turned out to be. Nice battle wounds,” she ticked her nose lightly. “Come, let’s get you dressed. It wouldn’t be surprised if Gaspard had already made you breakfast.”

Once down in her large walk in closet, Piera turned to Candy, arms folded once again. “So, I can smell sex on you. Sex between you and my brother.” She paused; she turned up nose tilting down. “I don’t mind, he’s a big boy. And he can make his own decision.” She pulled out a pair of athletic shorts and an oversized and ratty sweatshirt along with undergarments and put them on Candy. What was this family, that they felt it necessary to clothe others? “But…he doesn’t usually fuck some chick he barely even knows, and chooses to stick around. So,” she emphasized the word. “If you hurt him…I’ll hurt you.” She slid the sweatshirt over her head, careful of her cheek wound.

Candy blinked, before regaining some composure. “One, don’t threaten me. Just because you have fangs and drink blood and live forever, doesn’t mean I need to bend down to your whim. Two…I barely even know anything about Gaspard, barely even knew him for longer than twenty four hours, but I already know I don’t want to hurt him in any way possible.” She held Piera’s eyes, strongly.

Piera smiled, that childlike face giving away any hint she had just threatened her moments before. “Good, then we should get along swimmingly. Come; let us go find what Gaspard has prepared for you. If…if he has cooked at all.”

Gaspard had indeed, prepared a meal for the group; even the guards. Crepes, orange juice, fresh fruit and things Candy didn’t even know she had prepared or even purchased from her trips to the market. It was when Gaspard had moved behind her, arms wrapped around her waist delicately and head resting on her shoulder, “Can I see you in private?”

The siblings must have exchanged some sort of communication, because Piera looked between them with a gleam in her eyes, before calling the boys out to tell them to help her examine the security of the forest. “Sure…” she murmured, following Gaspard as he lead her up to the room she had just woken up from.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments!?