Sequel: Deceptive in Truth

Honest in Lies

17

Their heads snapped to the scene much quicker than Candy’s did. “Exactly my point,” Piera muttered sarcastically, before rolling her shoulders, several sickening pops sounding. “Try and keep up brother,” she muttered before disappearing before her eyes.

Gaspard turned to look at her, his lips parting. “Don’t try and tell me to stay out of this.” She cut him off swiftly.

He frowned deeply. “You’re going to get hurt again; possibly even killed.”

“Even the more reason to turn me if I do get fatally wounded.” She winked, pecked his cheek, and pulled a large lacrosse stick from her closet. Candy had played a little bit, but hadn’t picked it up in years. Now seemed like the perfect time to practice. She returned to Gaspard who was staring at her bewildered.

He said nothing though as she strode out to the front lawn. The werewolves still looked disgusting as ever, even from far away. She saw the five vampires taking on the werewolves. Candy wanted to get in on it, but didn’t know what to do. A hand grabbed her shoulder and she spun around seeing Jesse.

“Jesse, what are you doing here?” she breathed out.

“What the hell is that?” he asked, questioning the ongoing fight.

Right. He didn’t know that she knew, or was just playing dumb. “I don’t know, I just saw this and don’t know what to do.”

“I think the best thing would be that you leave. You need to get to somewhere safe and let someone else handle this.”

Her eyes flickered to meet his. “I don’t think so.” With her statement, she smacked him in the face with the face of her stick. He cried out as she saw one of his teeth fall from his mouth. She cringed, but kept her pose strong. “Get up!” she cried before bringing the lacrosse stick down on his back, dropping him completely flat on the ground.

He growled, fur starting to sprout. Candy kicked him in the abdomen as he started to rise, causing him to fall again. Jesse wasn’t one to make mistakes twice. He rolled away from her and charged her underneath her knees, flipping her over his shoulder, onto the cold ground, the air knocked from her lungs. “That wasn’t very nice,” he growled as his hands clasped around her hair and started dragging her.

Candy screamed, writhing about and feeling strands of hair slip from her scalp. This wasn’t going to end good for Jesse or her hair. She screamed defiantly, before thrusting the shell of the face of the stick into his nose, causing him to release her. Candy rolled around, until she could see that he was in front of her, holding his bloody nose. “That wasn’t either,” she said with a grunt she tackled him. She screamed slightly as they rolled to the ground and his hands had transformed into claws and they dug into her.

This caused a large scream. She beat into his face over and over again, kicking and trying to get him off of her. He was much heavier then she would ever be and taller too. Finally, Candy rushed her knee up and gave him the groin shot.

He groaned out in pain and finally fell off her. She bashed his head in with the stick until he finally stopped grunting in pain. It was then that she had finally realized what she had done. She had killed a person; in cold blood.
♠ ♠ ♠
comment?