Sequel: Deceptive in Truth

Honest in Lies

19

Just as the words passed her lips, Theo and Eric burst through a door, faces cold and stern. “We thought you guys would be here.”

Candy stood, “Is Gaspard coming?”

They exchanged looks. “We don’t know.”

“What do you mean you don’t know?” she hissed out.

All of a sudden Piera burst into the room and pushed past the two men. She glanced briefly at Charles, before looking to Candy. Her eyes were wide and her face was pale. “We need you,”

“What happened?”

“It’s Gaspard,” she said desperately.

They left and ran, Piera much faster than her, to see Gaspard leaning against a tree, blood everywhere. When Candy saw him, tears shot to her eyes and she kneeled beside him. “What….who did this to you?”

“Jesse,” he said through clenched teeth, a large part of his throat missing.

“No, that’s not possible, I killed him.” She said, wiping tears from her eyes. “I killed him Gaspard, how could he do this to you?”

“Only a vampire or a werewolf can kill each other,” Piera said calmly, kneeling down beside her. “You just…you weakened him.”

“Is he dead now?” she whispered, taking Gaspard’s hand in hers.

“Yes,” Piera whispered. “I saw to that.”

“Gaspard, can you walk?” she whispered.

“He needs blood.” Piera said, “His wounds aren’t healing because he’s lost so much. He’ll die from these wounds if he doesn’t get any soon.”

Candy turned to look back to Gaspard, who was looking at her. There was evident physical pain in his eyes, but also a longing mental. He didn’t want to do this, but he needed to.

“Alright,” she whispered, moving the hair from the side of her neck. “Go ahead.”

He moved with rigid pain, as he sat up and brought his lips against the base of her neck. The tingling sensation of his teeth taking shape coasted on her skin before the sharp bite had taken over. This was different then when he had bitten her before; she didn’t sail into ecstasy. This was her feeling pain through every second. He was draining her. Literally.

Candy’s head started to spin violently, her vision fading in and out of clarity. She started to gasp for air, a gurgling throat coming from within her. A soft cry came from her, the last part of it trailing off. She was getting weaker; she was losing her strength now. Gaspard though, was going right on drinking.

Finally, he pulled from her. Her neck was a bloody mess; stained with whatever blood she had left. Candy put a hand to her neck, as the warm blood met her happily. She couldn’t even form words, let alone a thought process. Gaspard, having realized the extent of what he did, dropped his jaw.

“Piera,” he said softly.

“Gaspard, you have to do it.”

“I can’t.”

“Would you rather her be half a mutt by my doing?”

“I’d rather her be half a mutt then dead!”

They both went silent, as Candy lay there, slowly bleeding the rest of her to death. “You better love her the same when this is over, or my god I will slaughter you myself.” She hissed out.

She felt Piera lift her arm up, taking a nail and slitting open her vein. Candy cried out in protest as she did so, arching her back. Piera did the same with slitting her own vein open, and pressed the two wounds together. There was nothing at first, but soon it began to burn. No, not even burn. Like something, spiders were crawling through her veins. She screamed with newfound energy as it started to run through her body.

Candy had to fight the urge to start clawing at her skin. Her body was thrashing as it went on, until Piera finally released her hold and kissed Candy’s wound. Her breathing was heavy, tears spreading down her cheeks. What the hell had just happened? She sobbed as Gaspard had picked her up, and carried her back to the bunk. That was all she was capable of. Sobbing.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments?