Sequel: Deceptive in Truth

Honest in Lies

2

“Candy!” Her eyes flew open and she sat up on reaction. The sun was shining through the one hundred and eighty degree window of her lighthouse home. She slipped from underneath the covers and moved to the wrap around window, looking out over the sea that spread out forever. “Candy!”

“What?” she called down, running a hand through her hair, squinting her eyes in protest.

“Come down dressed, you have an interview with E!” it was her manager, publicist, anything else a celebrity could need for a team. Candy only needed one person in an entourage and that was Amicia. The one yelling her head off at her.

Candy hadn’t remembered having anything scheduled for today; not even shooting.

Rubbing grogginess from her eyes, she hustled into her bathroom, turning the shower on, steam swirling around her. She didn’t stay underneath the cool and rushing water for long, because she was short on time more than likely. Candy walked down the long spiral staircase, dressed simply in black jeans and a ruffled crimson tank top.

“Finally!” Amicia said, looking her up and down as she moved into the kitchen for a bowl of cereal. “I was beginning to wonder if you up and died or something.”

Candy shook her head slightly, shoveling healthy cereal into her mouth before washing it down with the milk in the bowl. “Alright, let’s get this over with. I want to go back to bed.”

“Why, got some hot guy up there I don’t know about?” Amicia stared up the winding staircase that led straight to her bedroom.

“Funny, see, I’ve been working so much I haven’t gotten laid in…oh since prom.” She grabbed her keys out of the bowl and turned back to Amicia. “Are we going or not?”

She scuttled over to her and pushed open the door. “Of course of course. Let us be gone your majesty.”

They both laughed, Candy faking a nice kick to Amicia’s rear end, before locking the door behind her. They drove into the city of Los Angeles, where this meeting would occur over lunch. Candy stood from the car and moved to the café, Paci Zombie, a new and upcoming café that not much have heard about but those who have adored.

Some representative, probably an intern or a newcomer stood to greet her. “Candy, it’s so nice to meet you! Come sit down, let us have lunch.”

Candy smiled and nodded, sitting down across from the skittish woman. “Hi, it’s nice to meet you. So, let’s get this over with.” She noted the cameraman sitting beside the interviewer and flashed a nice smile.

“So, we hear you’re working on a new movie. A movie about vampires, witches and the whole chebang. Care to tell us about it?”

She ordered a glass of water, before answering. “Yes, it’s called Smoking Death. It really is an interesting take on the whole vampire tales. It’s entirely different from anything that’s ever been put on the big screen before, and I feel completely honored that they cast me as their leading lady; Sophie, who’s a lost vampire who’s being hunted down by her Coven because she’s betrayed them.”

“Care to give us any inside scoop? How about your scrumptious co-star Jesse Bastian?”

She laughed, sipping on her water. “Hmm, you’ll just have to wait for the movie to come out to see! As for Jesse….you might want to talk to him about that.” She leaned forward in her chair laughing.

The woman who still had not told Candy laughed a little too, before moving on. “So, care to talk to us about your personal life? Are you still single, off the market, any new updates?”

Candy paused for effect. “Life’s pretty much been focused on work, you know finishing this movie up and I might be taking a long vacation after that,” she laughed before dipping her head down. “As for the whole…relationship status, I’m…single.”

The interview ended and they left, leaving Candy to lunch by herself. She finished up, grabbed a cab back home, only to see she had a voicemail from her director saying she had to go into filming for the big climax scene. Throwing her keys in the bowl, she swore underneath her breath and headed up the staircase only to throw herself into bed and slumber.