Sequel: Deceptive in Truth

Honest in Lies

23

Candy blinked as the woman embraced her warmly. She was then passed on to the man, who introduced himself as Pepinot, but looked nothing like his youthful name. They moved from the outside, into the extravagant home, which Candy felt like would drown her any second. Gaspard had wavered over her, not even touching her really. He still must have been upset about the fight. Personally, she was too.

“So, what brings you two back to Lyon?” Pepinot said his voice deep.

Piera bounced up on a marble counter, her face bursting into a smile. “We’ve found a new addition to our family,” she said with a chipper voice. “Isn’t she a keeper?”

Candy flushed, tucking hair behind her ear. She smiled as she felt their eyes on her, speaking softly. “It’s nice to finally meet you.”

“Aren’t you that little actress in the states?” Eloise mused, a finger on her lips.

She nodded. “Yes.”

“So you saw our sons little slip up?” Pepinot muttered, looking over at Gaspard.

“Yes,” she said slowly. “I did, but didn’t believe it.”

“And now you’re a half breed.” Their mother said through tight lips.

“Lay off mother, she didn’t have a choice she would have died.” Piera hissed through teeth. “It was our decision as grown adults to make this, and I am sticking by it.”

Gaspard said nothing, but grunted softly. Eloise chuckled softly, stirring some tea. “I wasn’t saying it was a bad decision. Rather proud of you for being so quick on your toes Piera, such a fast thinker.”

Out of nowhere, Gaspard left the room. Awkward silence filled, until Candy took off after him after excusing herself. She followed his scent, up the stairs and to the far right. His scent dropped off at a closed door; which she pushed slightly open.

“Gaspard?” she said softly, standing in the door frame. He didn’t say anything. She looked down at the rug, crossing her arms. “Do you regret that decision?” he still didn’t say anything. “I guess you do, do you still love me the same?” he still didn’t answer. That stung her deeply. Nodding her head, Candy turned to go, but stopped. Walking back to him, she moved her hand to place it on his shoulder but stopped and settled with a soft kiss on his head. “If it makes anything count, I wish I never got that movie part.” It was a lie, but she felt like she needed to get him back with an even lower wound.

Candy left the house, the time being around two in the morning. It was dark, and quiet but everyone was very much alive; at least the supernatural world. She was walking with a stubborn pout and stride, coming off as offensive and a ticking time bomb. Candy was walking along an abandoned road, jaw clenched when a car drove up behind her. It was just a car, probably one of her guards trying to drag her back. She wouldn’t let them. Her feet kept hitting the pavement, until the car lights shot on and the tip of the car rear ended her softly. Her closed fist swept around and hit the taillight of the car, busting it. “What the hell guys?” she hissed.

It was then that her nose finally awoken. It wasn’t in fact her body guards, but complete strangers. Strangers that were werewolves. Her body snapped to attention and she took off running, her new vampire and werewolf speed contributing to her fast movement. The car though, was just as equally fast as it was going its fasted rate. Soon, its bumper to her heel and the car was winning out. Her breathing was coming quickly as her arms pumped harder and harder. It was useless though and eventually the car nudged underneath her knees, flipping her onto the windshield and smashing it to bits. Candy cried out. The car didn’t stop.

Instead, she sat upside down, a cut above her eyebrow and a cut to her throat; not major. A hand patted her leg, which was sprawled over the headrest of one seat. “Nice to see you Candy. We’re going to have a swimming time together.”
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry they've been short :/ comments?