Sequel: Deceptive in Truth

Honest in Lies

3

Of course it would somehow being miraculously raining the day they were filming the rain shot. Candy was standing with a plush robe wrapped around her underneath a tent where all the other actors stood when not needed. She would be though soon, as they were putting runny makeup that would worsen as she stepped out in the rain. Shoving the robe off and into another set of arms; she shook her body cautiously as the director walked over to her.

“Candy,” he started, wearing a nice old cliché director’s hat. “I just want to go over a few things. This is the big climaxing stage, where your character is about to be swallowed up by her yummy little vampire boyfriend. You’re scared, it’s raining, and you’re lost and confused. Are we good?”

She nodded sweetly. She’d been practicing on this scene as soon as she read the script. Of course she was good. “Yeah, sure. I’m ecstatic!”

He nodded as well, and they lead onto the set; which was an open meadow, perfected by sliding mud and torrential rainfall. “ACTION!” he yelled.

Candy composed herself perfectly to match the innocent and terrified girl. “Andy!” she screamed, hair dampening instantly and an etched scream of his name running off her throat. “Andy where are you?!” she turned into a trot, towards the edge of the trees. Out of nowhere, she tripped over something collapsing to the ground. Turning to look at what she had fallen over, she saw a girl, not much older than she, with a torn out neck.

This was not a part of the script. This was a real human girl, with real human fatal wounds. She was really dead. Candy’s hands wavered over the body, before letting out a loud, murderous and curling scream. It didn’t stop and kept stretching out until a team of people blasted over to her. Even then, the screams still continued in a shrill manner and hands flapping crazily in front of her face. There was no way that this could have happened. How?

The look in that poor woman’s eyes were so cold and vacant. They were wide awake but so dead as they stared up at the pouring sky. “Somebody help! Call 911!” she screamed, trying to touch her.

“Candy what is it?” the closest one asked, hands clasping over her mouth though as she saw the sight. “Someone get some help!”

Arms yanked around her and pulled her up; her leading costar Jesse. Once on her feet, she could see that she was fairly close to have been sitting in the woman’s blood. “Jesus Christ,” he breathed unknowingly in her ear. “What the hell happened?”

“A vampire…” she whispered in a barely audible tone. “A vampire did that.”

“Candy what are you talking about, vampires don’t exist. You know that.”

“Then what the hell is that?” she growled shaking his grip off her. “No normal thing does that. No normal sized animal just tears a throat out and leave no other sign of struggle Jesse. Something else did that.”

The siren wails grew louder, until they were right outside their ears. An ambulance siren picked up too, not more than ten minutes behind. The police officer walked over. “What seems to be the trouble?”

“Look for yourself.” Candy frowned.

The officer loomed over them, his face twisting downward in disgust as he looked at the dead woman. “What in the hell….”

The ambulance pulled up and all of a sudden a mass crime scene burst out. They were warded off, not within several yards of the woman. Their director came up to them, his face white and a hand running continuously over his chin. “Go home guys, shootings called off until further notice.”

“Do you know what happened?”

“Doll face, if I did….I’d be getting asked some lovely questions right about now. Go on home…go get some sleep.”

They strode away after having their makeup and on set things washed cleanly off them. Jesse was walking with her, down to the parking lot where their cars were.

“Some freaky shit, huh?” Jesse said, hand in his pockets.

“Seriously. Jesse, something is wrong. That woman…her neck was chewed apart. Brutally. Inhumanly.” She turned around slightly. “I want to know what happened.”

His arm squeezed over her shoulder, kissing the top of her forehead softly. “No need to Twixie. You don’t want your nose getting stuck in anything, because, hell, the person who did that…might be watching. We don’t need you missing, cause hell, that’d be a real investigation. Two pretty girls brutally murdered…what a shame for both of you.”

“Jesse!” she swatted his arm off of her. “I’m being serious. Something happened. I do intend to find out, one way or another.”

He sighed discreetly, with a soft roll of his eyes. “Fine. Just….don’t do anything reckless.”

Candy stopped at her car, eyeing him. “Jesus, now you sound like Edward Cullen.”
♠ ♠ ♠
comments...?