Sequel: Deceptive in Truth

Honest in Lies

30

“Come on!” Eric cried his body sweaty, his tone mocking. “Is that all you got?”

“What the hell?” Candy said, bent over slightly, hands on knees breathing heavily. “I just totally wasted your ass.”

“You didn’t strike here,” He said pointing to his neck. “So I’m still alive and able to…waste your ass.”

Candy grunted, feeling shown up by the bodyguard who loved to poke fun at her the most. Gaspard hadn’t been kidding when he said he was going to have her trained. She’d been up hitting, kicking, snarling and doing everything else since dawn. Oddly enough, she wasn’t even tired; just sweating and disgusting.

“Right. Whatever. Come on let’s get this over with.” It didn’t help that the entire family was watching as the lone Candy took on three vampires.

Eric smiled bewitchingly at ran at with that blinding speed. It was almost slowed to her though. He ducked down like he was going to undermine her knees, which she had positioned herself to defend; but Eric switched last minute and took her torso instead. Unable to react fast enough, Candy was plowed and thrown to the ground. The impact shook the ground, but she recovered quickly. Jutting her feet into his abdomen she threw Eric off of her, and moved so that she was straddling him. Since she couldn’t actually kill Eric, she had to pretend too. She swept her palm along his neck as if to decapitate him and smirked at him.

“I win.”

He laughed a deep and throaty bellow. “Sure about that doll face?”

She wasn’t sure what he was talking about, until a force like a freight train knocked into her. It flipped her off of Eric, and Theo had dove her into the fresh and wet grass. Candy wasn’t happy about that. Theo was much bigger height wise than Eric, so this would be a completely new challenge. Theo held her head down with little remorse, and started to twist her arm. With her free arm, Candy slammed her fist into his mouth. He rolled off of her, holding his now bloody jaw.

“Oops,” she said with a little shock at herself, but didn’t let it slow her down because it didn’t slow him down.

They went into hand combat, blocking and making contact with each other. Theo would make a blow on her and she would return it favorably. It was when Candy spun on one foot to knock him off balance and Theo being skilled and naïve dodged, not seeing her own plot. When his knees were brought up to his chest in the attempt to avoid her, he realized his mistake. Candy smirked, as he tried to dodge what was coming. She sprang up and landed a rough kick to his kidney, sending him flying to the side. She pounced him and repeated the sweeping across the neck.

Charles came barreling out of nowhere; like a bolt of lightning. Candy barely had time to spin around to clothesline him and could literally hear the air in his lungs pass from his lips. That was almost not even fair, but Charles was on his feet again and trying to get his hand to skim along her neck. She wasn’t having it. She gripped his wrist and flipped him over her should, striking down to one knee and swiping her hand over his neck.

“Check mate!” she called victoriously, standing with arms crossed.

Gaspard was standing, clapping slowly. Candy could see his mouth clearly and the words he mouthed that made her smile. She bowed slightly, and barely had time to duck when an abrupt force tackled her to the ground. A force that wasn’t in the lesson.
♠ ♠ ♠
now I don't update till I get two good comments with feedback. This time I'm serious, 41 subscribers I should be getting tons of feedback from you.