Sequel: Deceptive in Truth

Honest in Lies

31

She whipped around just as a werewolf barreled into her, knocking her back so that she landed behind where the family had been sitting. Powerful, strong, werewolf. Candy sat up, clenching her stomach as her head throbbed. This was unexpected. This wasn’t a part of the plan. Gaspard was next to her in a flash, clutching her elbow. Worry rocked his orbs as they peered into her.

“Are you alright?”

His voice came out in slow motion, as she saw the werewolf launched in the air behind him. Sharpened claws ready to point, Candy blinked slowly, and her lips forming a small O. that werewolf was coming for Gaspard. Who was sitting so naively in front of her. Her mind was moving slowly, but her body was moving at an incredible speed. Shoving him aside she pushed from the ground and up into the air to intersect he and several cracks sounded. Several rounds of pain rocketed through her, but she kept her façade up and dug her quickly shifted claws into his furry flesh. He yelped as they plunged into the ground, skin and grass skidding up from the impact. Blood beaded through her shirt; a reason she couldn’t understand. Her hand went to the small droplets of blood and rose to her lips.

It was blood. It was her blood. But where, she couldn’t tell. The werewolf was suddenly a man again and had her in his clutches within seconds of the transformation. Candy was squealing, writhing about like a maniac. Her legs were kicking out in front of her; her hands trying to fight the burly arm that had wrapped around her neck and held her suspended above the ground.

“Let go of me! Right now!” she screeched, throwing herself back into him, as if it made a difference.

“No,” he whispered in her ear, his breath smelling of cheap beer. “We’re going to play a little game.”

“Excuse me?” she scowled out, still fidgeting.

“You killed our little Jesse. My little brother,” he hissed. “So you’re going to watch them die.”
He pointed to the Blackstone family, as well as the three guards. “Each and everyone you’re going to watch them bleed to death. No redemption for them.”

Overcome with a certain urge, she started to violently thrash as a werewolf with a cynical grin slashed Theo in the throat. Candy screamed out, her fangs forming as she kept trying to free herself. “Stop!” she screamed her feet kicking wildly. “Let me go! I didn’t kill him, I didn’t!” her voice was scratchy from the hoarseness as she tried to fight.

It did nothing. She could only watch helplessly as Eric and the rest had their throats slit to a tea and fell to the ground, their blood mixing together. Candy was in tears by now, sobbing hysterics. They had just slit Piera’s throat and the last thing that happened before her eyes rolled back into her pretty little head was she looked helplessly into her eyes. It seemed as if she mouthed the word love before the cold metal slid.

She fell to the ground as the werewolf doing the slicing moved to Gaspard. “No, please no. Take me instead, this is what you wanted. You wanted me so take him, please, please don’t hurt him. I’m begging you.”

“My brother begged for his life before you killed him too, didn’t he?”

She shook her head. “I didn’t kill him, I swear.”

Gaspard was looking at her; tears slipping past his eyes with the slowest speed. They both knew this would be the last time they could ever be together. Sobbing overcame her and she found herself choking over her words. “I love you Gaspard Blackstone. I love you so much, I…” she couldn’t finish her sentence her hysteria was that bad. “You were the best thing that ever happened to me.” she curled her body up and ducked her head down so that she wouldn’t have to watch.

“No, don’t even.” Her captor hissed, yanking her head up by the hair. “I want you to watch him die. Know that you caused it.”

“I didn’t,” she pleaded out again.

“Candy,” was the only word Gaspard could get out before the cold metal blade slid over his throat. Candy’s scream rippled through the wooded area as the blanket of blood poured through the narrow line.
♠ ♠ ♠
listen to Louder Than Thunder by The Devil Wears Prada if you want to feel tears coming on. It's what I did. You know the drill; two good comments equal an update.