Sequel: Deceptive in Truth

Honest in Lies

32

This wasn’t happening. She was dreaming, that was the only explanation for it. Candy had not just seen Gaspard’s throat slit. It was impossible. She’d wake up soon enough. But that wasn’t happening as her werewolf threw her to the cold ground. The first thing Candy did was dart to her feet and run to Gaspard. She took his head onto her lap, stroking his hair back.

“Gaspard,” she whispered her voice shrill. “Gaspard come on,” she cried out.

He looked at her and his lips parted, as if he were going to talk. The only thing that happened was his blood pouring from the slit in his throat. The action brought more tears to her eyes.

“Gaspard, baby come on don’t.”

Candy watched helplessly as his eyes rolled back into his head. She cried out and hugged him closer to her. His body was cold, colder than usual. It was like ice in a freezer. Her tears kept strolling down her face, showing no stop anytime soon. Suddenly, a sudden rage blazed through her. It mixed with her sorrow, creating some type of massive emotion she couldn’t explain. Her eyes glowered at the werewolf who had slit his throat.

He had that annoyingly smug smirk on his face and Candy just wanted to rip it right off. She would, she would rip the skin clear off his face. She lurched over Gaspard’s body and dug her nails into his temples; ripping the skin clear off. All that remained was his forehead flesh and scalp. He screamed in agony, as he writhed and fell onto his back. Candy moved faster than him to get the blade and cut his heart out. She bit into the obviously healthy heart; pulling it apart with her sharpened teeth.

The man died with a painful expression.

Candy whipped around, animalistic features breaching into her pale skin. Her claws had grown exceptionally sharp almost as deadly as her teeth. She was standing erect, with a limber body. She was going to kill her captor; the one who issues their deaths, nice and slow. He turned to run, but Candy had him pinned beneath her in the blink of an eye.

“Now, now, we were just getting to the fun stuff.” She said in an insane tone. “Don’t you want to play?”

He cursed and spat at her, fighting to free himself. It was useless. She was the angry, crazed, half breed newborn that had nothing to lose at the moment. Candy dug her nails into his chest and yanked them down; exposing the flesh. He cried out in obvious pain, but it wasn’t enough to kill him. Yet.

“How does that feel?” she hissed through her teeth. “How does it feel to be the weakling now?”

He breathed sharply through clenched teeth. “Please, stop!”

“I asked you to stop,” she paused, “No I begged you to stop killing them. But did you?” she twisted her claws which was still in his skin in a sharp circle. “No. you didn’t. And now they’re all dead and you’re about to be dead too.”

She smiled cynically and shoved her conjoined palms down onto his collarbone. He screamed and Candy couldn’t deny the fact she gained pleasure from seeing veins pulsate in his neck and face. He was going through torture with this, while she was having the time of her life. Revenge was sweet. Candy smiled down at him with that torturous gleam in her orbs.

“What do you want to play now?” she asked tauntingly, yanking him up by the collar.

Blood was dribbling profusely down his chin. “Please, please just let me go.” He whimpered out.

“You don’t seem to get this is just evening the playing fields,” she hissed. “You didn’t let them go; you didn’t let me go to stop it. So you’re not going anywhere.” Her hand scratched across his face; opening new wounds.

He clenched his teeth as if it’d make a difference. She dragged him over to where his other accomplice was laying; still bleeding out of his chest wound. She tossed the werewolf to the ground and he instantly started to scramble away. With a deafening crunch, Candy slammed her foot into his Achilles tendon. The scream that came from him was unlike any she’d heard before. She laughed as she flipped him over with the same foot and stared menacingly down at him.

“Don’t run away, it’ll only make things worse.” She grabbed the knife, before dropping onto him in a straddled position that knocked the air out of him. “Now you’re going to die the same way,” she waved her knife over to where all her loved ones were dead. “Like they did.”

Without any further hesitation, Candy dug the knife in to his neck and dragged it horizontally against his neck. Blood shot out like a bat out of hell, and just kept pouring from his wound and she stared into his eyes until they closed. He was dead.

They were all dead.

Candy stood, realizing how badly she was crying. Wiping running mucous from her nose she stumbled back trying to wipe her eyes that had tears in them but only managed to get blood on her face. She sobbed her knees buckling, but fall she did not. She turned and staggered around. “I can’t stay here,” she sobbed.

Daring a look over her shoulder she saw they were all still the same; incoherent and dead. No longer could she stay here. No longer could she say she had a home. Candy’s eyes darted to the ring on her finger, the ring she had been given not even twenty four hours ago. She grimaced as a sob got caught in her throat; this ring she couldn’t get rid of. It was the only thing she had left. She didn’t take anything with her as she was walking along the road that was all she did.

Walk. What else was she supposed to do? It was until the sun started to come up that she fell to her knees and broke down. Crying. Crying out of anger, out of loneliness out of confusion. She was waiting to die, waiting to die and join them. But she wouldn’t get the satisfaction. She never did.
♠ ♠ ♠
thinking about making this the last chapter, but also doing a sequal. feedback for this, and what if you would want a sequal to this.