Sequel: Deceptive in Truth

Honest in Lies

6

Gaspard was sleeping on the level part of the house, in a small guest room that had no light emitting source unless you counted the door. Candy had sent him there, knowing simply him sleeping in a room that screamed light rays wouldn’t do to good for him. She wasn’t even sure of herself; let alone what was going on with the whole ‘vampire’ thing. After Candy had put him in that room, locking the door securely behind her, she pulled her laptop and barricaded herself on the wall opposite the door.

Candy couldn’t be taking any chances. She did believe he was what he claimed to be. There wasn’t any other explanation for the shift in teeth right before her eyes. Entering the seven letter word into a search engine, she scrolled the millions of replies to her request. Which one was right though? The one where they only came out at night, and feasted off human love? It couldn’t be the one about sparkling, for several reasons. Gaspard wasn’t sparkling when she had seen him, once. Two, Gaspard was a much manlier man then…Edward Cullen. Finally, after what felt like endless pages of scrolling, she found one that made some sense to what she had experienced.

It said that these vampires could go out in the sunlight, or dreary weather depending on their age. The older one was, the more resistant they were to the UV rays. Their ‘fangs’ are not just a simple set of canine teeth, but rather their entire mouth transformed into some shark sharp mouth. They can move quickly and soundly, without detection to human ears. They could pick up things with their eyes, nose, and ears quicker than a human, farther than a human too. Their senses are in summary, heightened to an unexplainable level which is unable to be fathomed by normal humans; possibly the fact that another species exists higher than them on the food chain. Candy furrowed her eyebrows, as she found herself deeply engrossed in the explanation of what was in her house, resting his wound.

She wanted to speak to Gaspard. There were so many questions flushing her mind, she needed an answer. More like answers. Closing the lid of her laptop and pushing the door ajar so she could peer in, she saw nothing. It was pitch black, unable to even see the décor that accompanied the room. Candy didn’t want to speak; afraid she’d wake him from a slumber. It probably wasn’t the best idea to walk in alone and unguarded as well, but she didn’t have much of a choice.

The door hung slightly open, allowing a faint stream of light in. her eyes adjusted somewhat quickly, still not good enough for her to differentiate anything from anything. A black bear in a blackout. Her body moved forward, hoping to come across something she could identify. It did, but a little too late. Her knees bumped on the edge of the bed, knocking her balance off and to flop down onto the soft mattress that already held a body.

A body of a murderer. Frantically whipping herself off the bed, she found herself crawling as far away from the area as she could get. Her back hit a wall, a hand clasping over her mouth to quiet her breathing. Candy didn’t even hear him move off the bed, but within a few seconds of her scampering about, when a hand touched the one covering her mouth. A shrill gasp passed her lips, but a soft shush from him, silenced it immediately.

“Why are you scared of me?” his voice was soft, with an even gentler test of a French accent. Candy couldn’t see his face, but she imagined with his delicate features his soft voice would have made him even more beautiful.

“Because you’re a vampire,” she rushed out, trying to keep her voice strong despite a quiver than ran through her. “And vampires...they drink human blood.”

She swore she could have felt him smile, the way his hand brushed hers away from her mouth. “But why? I’m sorry if I frightened you earlier, bursting into your face like that. It was rude and uncouth of me.”

“My name’s Candy.” She blurted out, tumbling over her tongue. Candy could feel herself sort of relaxing as a conversation carried on, and her throat wasn’t being ripped from its place.

“Pleasure to meet you Candy.” Her name rolled off his tongue. “Why’d you come after me?”

The question caught her off guard, which she quickly counter acted with a reply. “You looked hurt, and…I didn’t want to spend forever wandering what happened to that person I saw wandering out probably hurt and alone.” Her hand reached out slowly, which he grabbed at the wrist. Immediate fear set in and she tried to struggle. He cooed, laughing in a short of chortle way. His hand guided her to the place where the paper towel had been earlier. Now all that resided there was soft, smooth skin. Not even a trace of disruption in the skin. “How…?” she trailed off.

“I can show you much more if you’d like.”
♠ ♠ ♠
commeeennt. you guys are killing me.