Sequel: Deceptive in Truth

Honest in Lies

7

Candy took her hand out of his grasp, cradling it as if she had broken it. “It doesn’t make sense.”

“What doesn’t?”

“You. There’s so many questions I want to ask, but I know the answers won’t make any sense.” A thought struck her. “Did you kill that girl?”

Gaspard didn’t answer her last question. “A lot of things don’t make sense.”

“Did you kill that girl?” she asked again.

“Yes.” The woman froze, clammed up and felt her breathing stop. She was speaking to a murderer, a malicious murderer. Fear of what he’d do to her struck her mind and she inched away. “Candy,” his voice pleaded.

“Don’t talk to me!” she called shrilly, crawling slowly into a corner of the wall. “Don’t…don’t come near me,” she stuttered out.

“Candy.” His voice was hard. “Listen to me. You know I’m a vampire. Vampires drink blood.”

“But you killed her Gaspard. She’s dead.”

His presence engaged near hers again, her body locking up. Gaspard slowly pulled her towards him, freakishly cold arms circling around her. “It’s my nature to kill. It’s my nature to hunt. I’m a predator. It was…she…we just crossed paths at a bad time.”

Slowly she closed her eyes, trying to make sense. She was letting a murderer, a vampire, hold her in his arms. He could break her. So easily her bones could cripple with a grip of his finger. “What else should I know?” she whispered, not openly resisting his hold.

“I’m not like that.”

“Like what?”

“Not an animal, not what you saw earlier.”

Candy swallowed softly. “Are there others? Vampires and werewolves?”

“Yes.”

“And why did a werewolf attack you?” she murmured.

“A power struggle.”

“What do you mean?”

“Vampires and werewolves, we’re a fighting species. We struggle for dominance over the other. I am the son of a Vampire King, my opponent…not a threat any longer.”

“You killed him too?”

“It was much more different circumstances Candy; he was able to defend himself. I had no choice. It was kill or be killed, please try to understand such.”

She stood, clumsily moving to the door. “I’m sorry, Gaspard…I…I just can’t fathom the idea that my nightmares, the content of a movie your killing has interrupted, be true. I’m going to have to ask you to leave.”

He was there in front of her, blocking her exit. “I cannot go, Candy. You are involved and if I leave now, you will be hunted down and become the most talked about obituary in the paper. They will smell your scent on me if I interact with them. They will come for you and torture you endlessly, do anything to make you talk or spill what you know nothing about. They will kill you,” he pleaded. “Don’t do such ignorant actions. This is not a game, Candy. You cannot be serious by asking me to leave,” his voice rose slightly. “When there is the strongest possibility you will not wake up tomorrow!” his voice was of shouting volume.

“Gaspard,” her voice was shaking on its own now. His vocal fierceness having no affect. “I am not scared of what could happen to me if you leave. I’m scared of what would happen if you stayed.” Her voice was barely above a whisper.

His face was more crisp and visual as he stood in the light of the door. His dark hair shown from it. “And why is that?”

“Because…because Gaspard. I am a woman, as you are a male…a male vampire. And regardless of whatever specie you and I are, there….there are certain thoughts, impulses that are acted upon.” Candy had just noticed that his body had become closer to bare then she could stand.

“Impulses you say?” he spoke softly. His hand came to cup one side of her cheek, thumb brushing over the bone.

Her eyes fluttered close, swallowing deeply. “Impulses, yes.”

Their eyes locked, both lightly colored blues searching one another. “And how says impulses are to be acted upon?” he mused, his lips dancing over hers teasingly.

“It is common sense,” she replied, eyes casting down to peer at his lips.

It was Gaspard who bought their lips together. It shocked Candy regardless of how expecting it was. Their lips molded softly together, his course hands pulling her to him, gluing their bodies together. The kiss was rough, yet sweetly passionate and full of fire. A gasp of a moan passed her lips, as she found herself gasping for air. Suddenly, something pierced the gum of her lower lip. It was quick, sharp, and slightly painful but was quickly replaced by sheer ecstasy.

Gaspard pulled away, licking his lips. “I’m sorry. We shouldn’t be doing this, you’re hurt.”

He had bitten her. Taken a touch of her flesh and tasted her blood. Candy’s tongue ran over the puncture wound. Blood answered her. Her eyes danced up to meet Gaspard’s again. “No,” was all she said as her hand wrapped around his neck and pulled him to her again.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments, things are about to get a little hot and heavy.
you guys are going to be the death of me with the silent treatment.