Status: Active, and upsetting </3

I'm Missing You Again

You've Been There From The Start For Me.

[8 Years, 5 months, 2 weeks, 5 days ago]
I looked around nervously, cursing under my breath about how stupid I was to come to a party where I knew absolutely nobody. My lipstick left a pink imprint on my red plastic cup, and I couldn't help but pout a bit; I bought a new lipstick just for the party (seeing as how I needed one anyway) and it claimed to not leave lipstick stains anywhere.

"Well I know what brand lies now..." I mumbled to myself, bringing the cup back up to my mouth. So far I had seen some pretty cool people, but I couldn't bring myself to go talk to anyone. I wasn't really so much shy as I was uncomfortable.

"I haven't ever seen you around here." I turned around, still sipping the rum-and-coke. The voice belonged to a guy who was pretty tall, with black hair and blue eyes.

"That's because I've never been here before. My friend was invited, and decided to take me too."

"And where's your friend now?"

"Um..." I looked around at the unfamiliar faces, "honestly, I have no idea."

He laughed, "Some friend. Well I'm Jimmy."

"I'm Kaela, but everyone just shortens it to Kay."

"Okay, Kay." I laughed at his lame attempt at a pun, and he joined in with his own cackle.

"So...I don't even know where to start. I take it you're from around here?"

He laughed again, "Of course, born and raised here. What about you?"

"I lived in another town further north up until about five months ago, then my family moved here. I just graduated, but I decided I needed a year to just kick back and enjoy life, but we moved here anyway, so it's nice. I just turned 19 last month too, so I've been doing what I couldn't do when I turned 18 since I was still in school. But I'm in no rush to go to college, I don't know if I'll feel comfortable finiancially by the time I have to register and such. After moving, we don't have much left."

"Why did you move?"

"I have more family in this area, and my dad recently got promoted to a new office down here. But I like it."

Jimmy nodded, "Well that's good, Huntington's the best. My friends and I all love it here. You'll love it too, trust me. If you ever need someone to show you where all the good things are, I'd be happy to show you everything." His eyes sparkled with mischeif, but I went along with it all.

"I'll probably have to take you up on that someday, no doubt about that. Do you go to college around here?" He laughed again, I just looked at him really confused.

"One day I'm gonna be fuckin' famous. I'm pretty good with my hands." He raised the beer can to his lips, not breaking eye contact with me. Now I was really confused.

"I play drums in a band with my friends, what did you think I meant? But we're not really out there yet. We're on our way though."

I raised my eyebrows, and took a sip of my own drink before continuing the conversation. So he was in a band. I thought was was pretty awesome, and I was definately interested in hearing more about it. It was a big dream to have, but he sounded pretty positive about it, and I liked that. He was sure they'd all get somewhere, and with an attitude like that, he made me believe they definately could too.

"Hey, I didn't take that statement in any way you might had meant it. But honestly, that's kickass. Hopefully I get to see you guys out there someday, I'd love to show some support."

"Well it could mean something else if you wanted it to," his smile grew wider, and I just shook my head and chuckled, "and it's be pretty fucking cool if you came to see us sometime. We'll keep in touch then?"

I looked at him, still smiling, but also thinking. Within minutes, it seemed like he had me right where he wanted me. But I didn't mind, he was pretty cute, and funny at that. And a drummer, so he had to be talented. I was honestly happy we were going to swap numbers, because I had hoped that this semi-flirting could really turn into something else, maybe something more. Then again, I'm not sure how high my hopes could get with the fact that he planned on getting famous. Those things never seemed to work out. But I figured that it would be really fun either way.

"Indeed we will keep in touch, Jimmy...?"

"Sullivan, but the name you'll be hearing is The Reverend Tholomew Plague."

"I'm quite sure. You're going in my phone as that too, just so you know. It was that, or 'the cute drummer from that party'."

"I think either one if pretty fitting if you ask me. You can give me a call whenever, I'm usually free, and if you ever get lonely at night I can guarentee that I'll be free to come keep you company." He really was trying, but it was more joking than serious, and I got that. To be honest, I liked it.

"Maybe you'll be getting that call later tonight when I leave." I shot him a suggestive smile and finished off the rest of my drink while he chuckled. I knew I wouldn't call him later for the simple fact that if I did, I might just make myself become a one night stand, and maybe I'd never really get to be good friends with him. But I'm pretty sure he got that I was joking. Regardless, I knew that I really was starting to like this Jimmy Sullivan guy. And if his friends and everyone were as cool as him, I couldn't wait to talk to everyone else.
♠ ♠ ♠
I apologize for taking so long to update. I had this all [and more] written out weeks ago, but I haven't had time to get on mibba at all!
So people-how do you like it? I honestly love this story so much, and I just love writing for Jimmy.
I'm going to try to update this weekly like I said. I have a lot written, it's just I'm absolutely swamped with schoolwork.
Thanks to all who read, comment, and subscribe <3
Please comment and let me know how it is!