Dizzy Dreamer

Dragon

"Avery, are you ready to go yet?" My roomate Channing beckoned from down the hallway. I gave myself a once over in the mirror and bounded down the hall toward her. She rolled her eyes and muttered something that sounded like 'finally' under her breath and we walked out of our apartment and down a few blocks towards the T.G.I Friday's. It was football and karaoke night- what more do you need in life, right?

We walked in and walked straight towards the bar, dodging some bros in Charger's jerseys. Channing ordered two Death wish with Whiskey shots and we downed them before ordering our mixed drinks-a Red Headed Slut for her and a Screwdriver for me. Some guys clapped as the game came to an end, the Chargers winning by a touchdown.

Channing nudged me, telling me to go up and sing. No way was I being the first to sing at karaoke night. She shrugged and went up to the small impromptu stage, her hand already wrapped around the mic. Two Latino guys walked up to her, looking perplexed. After a few minutes of conversation between them, which I couldn't hear, Channing walked towards me, rolling her eyes.

I gave her a raised eyebrow and she shook her head, rambling about how the two boys had apparently gotten the first spot already and their song was about to play as their music started. "I'm surprised you let them go before you," I said, pushing my hair out of my face.

She shrugged, "They were cute. Whatever."

The smooth jams that encompassed Boyz II Men's On Bended Knee started playing and the two Latino boys, visibly brothers, began singing into the microphone. The little one had a very high-pitched voice and the taller one had a deeper one. Channing and I snickered at the scene unfolding in front of us. I emptied the last of my drink and looked at Channing, about to ask her if she wanted another when two boys approached us.

They were both tall and smiley. One of them was wearing a San Diego hat, his black hair clinging against his neck, wearing a tank top, hoodie and skinny jeans while the other one was smiling widely, an eyebrow raised, with messy, spiked black hair in a t-shirt and jeans. The spiky haired one leaned over towards Channing and I, "Can we buy you beautiful ladies a drink?"

The answer was an obvious yes and the boys motioned to the bar tender. They handed us another round of drinks while the two Latino boys finished up their song. Channing speed-walked her way over to the mic, ready to belt out some Toni Braxton while the two Latino boys came up and joined the boys who had bought us a drink. They smiled at me. I raised my drink to them and took a swig.

The boy with the spiky hair leaned in to me, his arm resting behind me on the bar. I smirked at him as he asked me my name. He grinned after I told him and cocked his head towards me, "Nice to meet you, Avery. My name's Jaime. But my friend's call me Dragon."

I raised my eyebrow at him and looked from his face down to his crotch, "Dragon, eh?"

He blushed for a second and got himself together, "I see you seem to understand why thats my nickname" he said with a wink. I giggled and focused my attention on Channing. The tall Latino boy who was previously singing was looking at her longingly and I rolled my eyes. No one was really man enough to date her but god knows boys tried.

Channing came back and ordered herself another shot. Jaime looked down at me, inching closer, "So, Avery," he purred, "When are you singing?"

I laughed, "I need a few more shots in me before I can sing, man."

He stood up straight and ordered three shots-two for me and one for him. I downed them like a pro and Jaime looked pleasantly surprised. "Go sing!" he encouraged and Channing turned, taking her attention away from the tall Latino and smiling, "do it!" I rolled my eyes and mustered up my courage and walked up to the mic. The beginning beat to Semi-Charmed Life by Third Eye Blind started and I began singing it. After three minutes of singing, I went and joined Channing, Jaime, and the three other boys whose names I couldn't remember.

Channing walked up to me, dragging the tall Latino behind her by the hand, "So Mike here just invited us to go to some club with him. I know you're down, lets go." I shrugged and grabbed my purse as we all headed out. The small Latino boy approached me, "I love Third Eye Blind so hell yeah!" and high fived me. I laughed as he introduced himself as Vic. Jaime came up to me and put his arm around my shoulders, "Good job, Avery," he smiled sweetly. I rolled my eyes and laughed as we approached the club.

Channing and I walked up to the bouncer, who unlinked the rope for us. The boys got stuck on the other side. I stuck my tongue out at them "See you inside, boys!"
♠ ♠ ♠
YES I AM BACK WITH A JAIME STORY.
Stoked because he's adorable and this story is going to be fun.

Thank youuuuu Glo for helpin' me with this and all that jazz.
And thanks to Ash who said I should write this toooo!
<3
rate/subscribe/comment and all that jazz that you lovely readers do.