Status: need new second author

I Wish You Would Know

Maybe One Day

Nikki Sanders stood on the balcony of her two story house, overlooking the street below her.
She looked down to the street and saw the boy with chin length black hair, and gray eyes. She didn't know his name, but she felt she already knew him.

He looked up, sensing that someone was looking at him, and he saw her standing on the balcony in a Signature Tailored Waistcoat vest, frayed shorts, Roxy flip flops, and Treble Clef earrings with a small round black and pink locket around her neck.

Nikki smiled, brushing her brown hair out of her icy blue eyes, and then waving slightly. The boy waved back, giving a shy smile.

One Day I'll have the guts to ask his name. Nikki thought, watching as the boy walked farther down the road, then stopping at a house a couple doors away.

One day I'll tell her 'Hi'. The Boy Thought to himself, smiling before heading into his house.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nikki flopped down on her bed, reaching over to her IPod dock and turning on the music, playing the song 'Wake Me Up, When September Ends' by Green Day. She started singing along, smiling, it was her second favorite song by Green Day.

"As my memory rests
But never forgets what I lost
Wake me up when September ends

Summer has come and passed
The innocent can never last
Wake me up when September ends

Like my father's come to pass
Twenty years has gone so fast
Wake me up when September ends
"

She started playing with the anklet around her ankle, her father had given it to her a few days before he was shot and killed at a robbery on the street a couple roads over.

A few tears escaped, and she wiped them away quickly. Her father was next in line to be the head of Police, but he never got the chance.

"I wish I told you, Dad." Nikki whispered to the air.

My First Kiss by 3Oh!3 Feat. Ke$ha was playing when she reached over and turned it back to the last song.

Nikki leaned back on her mound of pillows closing her eyes and day dreaming of the boy on the street.

"Maybe one day I'll know him." She whispered before falling into a deep sleep filled with dreams of the boy.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments appreciated on the story. :D I didn't notice how short this was, but it's a start for the story.

(I wuv all the people who will comment... XD )