Status: Complete. Please leave a comment! Thank you!

A Dreamer Dreams

The Party Scene

*****************
Alex Gaskarth’s POV

It’s you’re typical Friday night.

Wild crazy parties at a friend’s house were the normal around here.

Sadly, this week it was my house.

“Yo Gaskarth!”

I looked over my shoulder and saw Rob. I waved at him and smiled. He was a great friend. He was always helping my friends and I out when we needed it. I was grateful and he knew it. I was happy here was here. If he wasn’t I would be so screwed.

I walked past my living room and could see Jack Barakat. He was dancing like a crazy person to Barbie Girl. I stopped and noticed he was next to someone. It was Amy. She was my best friend. She was rocking out with Jack in the crowd of fifty people I swear. It made me laugh because they were acting like it was just them.

Amy was always a fun one. She was the sweetest girl in town. She never did anything bad and she was always on the good side of situations. I could always rely on her when I needed to. She helped me out a lot when I lost my brother. I thought I was going to fall to pieces but she kept me here. I thank her for that. Rian always told me she had a crush on me but I just couldn’t date her. It’s too wrong in my books.

Though, I do know that Jack has a crush on her. It is so obvious. He tried to deny it when we talked last week but I know it’s true. If it is honestly not true then he sure acts like he does.

I walked past a few other people holding cups with soda. I was hoping no one would spike it. Because I knew Amy hated alcohol. So I decided to head to the kitchen. I found the soda bodies piling up in my trash can.

Rian walked past me, “Going to get more drinks. These people are leeches.”

I nodded and walked out of my kitchen. The store was around the corner anyways. I looked at the trash starting to build. I was going to have one hell of a mess to clean up. As I was walking I realized I hadn’t seen my girlfriend in a while. I felt and outburst of anger.

Amy didn’t like her. She said some rude things about her that I never thought she would ever say. She said things on the lines of my girlfriend not being so loyal. I doubt that was true. I figured she was just jealous. Then I got so upset I was fuming when I found out Amy had been sending my girl Crystal hate mail. That really ticked me off. I knew Amy wouldn’t do that but I knew she had a crush on me so I figured she got a bug up her ass and decided to do it.

But when I asked Crystal for proof she kept making excuses. I asked Jack if he could look into Amy’s sent messages and see if there was anything. Jack told me know and even made a screen shot for me. I saw only messages to me and to Jack. I still listened to Crystal though. I knew Amy might have deleted them.

When I called her on it she had broken down to tears telling me she didn’t do anything. All I did was treat her like shit. I wanted to know the truth but now I feel I wanted to hear what I wanted to hear and not the honest truth.

I walked up stairs and it was pretty quiet up here. There wasn’t much going on. I was thankful for that. My bedroom was right near the stairs so I figured I would check it make sure no party goers got any ideas. I headed to my bedroom and opened the door.

“Crystal?”

I was almost had a mortified look on my face. There was my girlfriend on my bed with another man. She was wearing barely anything is you could call that something. He on the other hand was completely naked. I was so disgusted. Amy was right and I had treated her like shit.

He got off of her and started to get dressed. She didn’t even bother covering herself up. She looked at me and glared for about a second. She sat up and spoke through a guilty voice with a hint of venom laced around it, “Alex it’s not what it looks like.”

Now my tone was loud and livid, “Oh really? Then what is it supposed to look like?”

She rolled her eyes and reach over the bed to pick up her shirt. She pulled it on and got off my bed. She grabbed her jeans and pulled them on quickly. The guy looked nervous around us. I think that was because I was bigger then he was and could easily take him

“Tomorrow you get you shit and you’re out of here got it?”

She rolled her eyes, “Good. I was getting bored with you anyways. I have needs and I can’t handle staying at second base.”

That was below the belt in my eyes, “Well, it’s not my fault you’re a slut.”

The third party came over and punched me. It sent me back into the hallway. I didn’t know what came over me. I was just so livid. I caught my balance and moved closer. I gave him a good one in the right cheek. He stumbled back and growled. He came running at me and we both fell back against the stairs. It was almost something out of a movie. We are rolling down the stairs and people were moving out of the way.

The music had stopped by the time he and I landed on the floor. I was under him and he punched me again. I forced him off of me. I stood up and I could see Crystal coming down the stairs. She went over to her toy and asked him if he was ok. I was getting even angrier.

I pointed towards the front door, “Get the hell out of my house!”

Crystal sneered at me, “We will. You are so pathetic. Go back to you little virgin girl Amy. We all knew you wanted to leave me for her.”

Amy was near Jack and she was looking at me. I couldn’t even look at her. I was so embarrassed of myself. I went against my own friend to trust someone that I only liked for how attractive she was.

“You don’t know shit you slut. Get the hell out of my house before the cops.”

The guy removed Crystal off of him and left. Here she was being an attention whore. I was getting even more displeased with anything and everything. It took everything I had to stop myself from reach over there and chocking her.

Crystal soon realized no one was here to protect her. She walked up to Amy and Jack tensed up. I could have sworn he growled. She gave Amy a nasty look and Amy smacked her. I would have never bet in a million years that Amy would hit someone.

“You trash and you stay away from him. Understand? Alex is a good person and doesn’t need things like you to ruin that.”

Crystal laughed, “I could say the same to you. It’s not like he actually would give you the time of day to have him.”

With that she left and the people started to leave. They knew it was a good idea to leave us alone. I went in my kitchen and leaned against the counter. I couldn’t face Amy. I needed to apologize but there weren’t enough time to do so. I felt so horrible.

I grabbed some trash bags and started with the kitchen. I shoved all the empty cups in there and then drained any that had liquid. Zack came in and started to help me. He didn’t say anything. After a few minutes he grabbed some bags and left the room. I let everything like it was and kicked my cupboard in frustration. I never have been so mad.

Rian came in and he looked confused, “Where is everybody? Why is Amy crying?”

I looked at the floor with guilt drowning me as he placed the bags of junk on the island in the middle of the kitchen, “There was a fight.”

He looked so shocked, “What?”

“Crystal and I. We had a fight.”

He started unpacking the bags, “About?”

“She was cheating on me like Amy said she was.”

Rian dropped on of the bottles of soda and just looked at me, “Really?”

“Yeah. In my fucking bed!”

“Is Amy ok?”

“I don’t know. I didn’t even know she was crying till you told me.”

“She’s with Jack and Zack in the living room.”

I walked past him and sneaked my way down to the living room. Sure enough I could hear her sobbing. I could hear Jack trying to say some jokes but it wasn’t working out too much.

“He’s going to hate me.”

I could almost hear Jack roll his eyes, “Please. He loves you hun. He will forgive and I’m sure he will say sorry for not believing you.”

“I’m a horrible friend.”

I peaked around the corner and saw Zack pull her into a hug. Jack patted her knee and leaned his head against her shoulder. Zack looked up at me and then to Jack. I walked in slowly and Amy saw me.

“Amy, I am so sorry.”

“Don’t Alex. I know you are. It’s ok.”

I had a little fury left, “No, its not. I went against my best friend for a girl. How could I be so stupid?”

I walked up to her and got on my knees in front of her. I placed my hands on her knees and she looked up at me, “Alex, its ok. Just forget it.”

“No it’s not. I need to find a way to make it up to you because I am so sorry. I don’t know how to show you I mean it.”

Amy rolled her eyes and Jack moved as she pulled away from Zack. She leaned towards me and I held my arms out. She wrapped her arms around my neck. I wrapped my own arms around her and I hugged her so tight. I didn’t want to let go. I don’t think she did either.

I spoke in her ear, “How about me and you go for ice cream later?”

Jack got excited, “Oh! Oh!!! Get me rocky road!”

I looked at him and glared and he kept talking, “Oh! You meant with her. I thought you meant me and you.”

She giggled in my arms and tried to tighten her grip, “Can we all go?”

I nodded trying not to dig my chin into her shoulder, “For sure. But I’m only paying for yours and Rian’s.”

Jack and Zack spoke at the same time, “Oh come on!”
******************
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading!

Please comment!

It means a lot to me.