Reach for the Stars, Fall on Your face

Chapter One

"It's not you, it's me." Those were the last words that I heard come from his mouth. As my eyes began to fill with tears, I knew that I should get away from him as fast as possible. But my feet wouldn't move an inch. I gave up so much to be with Drew. I moved to New York, I started my own business, and most of all, I left the people that I love most back home. The question that ran though my mind is, “what am I going to do?” I decided to move back to my old town. I said goodbye to my new friends, loaded my car, and headed out of New York. As I travel out of the city I see the glow of the skyline. It was so beautiful and peaceful, one of the reasons that I loved it here.

As I'm driving down the road that I have driven down about a thousand times, I feel out of place. Like I have never been down this road in my life, which is, the complete opposite. Seeing houses and landmarks that have once caught my eye now makes me wonder how I could possibly come back to my old town of Beaufort, North Carolina. Not that I didn't have an decent childhood, not that I didn't love my friends and my family that still lives here, but it's the fact that I swore that I wouldn't come back.

This is where Drew and I met. We went to high school together and we were next door neighbors. Thinking about Drew made my heart want to rip out of my body. It made me want to pull over, turn around, head back for New York and try to work things out. I couldn’t. He not only cheated on me, he ruined the future that he could have had. I sighed and took a breath. Not bad as it could have been, but bad enough that I left while he was at work. Drew didn’t know that I found out about Nichole. I suppose that he will when he returns from work.

My little sister, Kate, runs out of the house as she recognizes my car and opens the door before I even have a chance to prepare myself. My family doesn’t know the reason why I came home. They just know that Drew and I had a bad fight, which was sort of true. I hugged her tightly and give her false reassurances that I’m okay. I think that she saw through my fake smiles though.
♠ ♠ ♠
please tell me what you think! and if you have more ideas about it, please let me know.