All I Need.

Chapter 10

Lets get something straight; Jordan Staal was not a fantastic chef, sure he could whip up a few meals here and there. A huge percentage of those meals being kid approved and breakfast friendly. Though mostly thanks to his mother, who made Jordan and his brothers help out with dinner, he had somewhat of an idea of what he was doing in the kitchen.

So when Jordan came up with the idea to make dinner for Riley after she called and said she’d wouldn’t be getting off until 6. Operatation, Make dinner was a go.

The only question being, what to actually make for dinner? Mac and Cheese was to simple, and something like Lasagna was to hard, at least by himself. Jordan wanted to prove to Riley that he had matured a little bit from when they were separated. He wanted her to see that he wasn’t the same little young and foolish boy he once was.

“Pizza!” Kara suggested, moving back an annoying strand of hair that Jordan just couldn’t seem to get into her ponytail.

Chuckling, he shook his head. “Not tonight Kara.”

Moving boxes around in Riley’s cabinet he pulled out just the last ingredient he need for the Staal Special Spaghetti. The Staal Special Spaghetti was clearly a favorite in the Staal household. It was something quick to make, yet seemed to fill everyone up after the first plate. It was also one of the few dishes that Jordan could really cook the heck out of.

"Whatcha cooking?" Kara asked, her eyes following Jordan place a pan on the stove. "Pizza?"

"No, Spaghetti." Jordan said, slipping on a 'Kiss the Cook!' apron.

Kara made her best disgusted look and wanted Jordan to know that she wasn't to happy with having Spaghetti over her all time favorite, Pizza.

"No 'Getti!" She protested, her ponytail swinging. It was clear that she wasn't a fan of the Staal Special Spaghetti, after her Uncle Jared joked that the Spaghetti noodles looked like worms.

Jordan bent down and helped tie a mini, 'Kiss the helper!' apron around her neck. "No pizza tonight, maybe mommy will let you get it tomorrow."

"Buts I hate it!" Kara protested, her tiny little arms flooded across her waist. Her posture reminded Jordan of Riley when they first met, making him chuckle.

"No 'Getti!" Kara said, a tiny pout starting to form across her lips, her big blue eyes getting wide.

Jordan groaned and looked away, he could never say no to his baby girl, but he needed to right now. There wasn't any point of making Spaghetti and then ordering pizza. He could say no to her, it was simple. He could do it, right?

"Please daddy?" Kara asked, her pout in full affect now.

"Kara, not tonight." He said, scoping her up into his arms and placing her on the counter tops. "Tonight we eat Spaghetti, tomorrow we'll have Pizza. Deal?" He asked, sticking his pinky finger out.

After debating it for a few seconds, Kara connected her pinky with her daddy's.

"Great!"Jordan said, rubbing his fingers together evily making Kara giggle. "How about some Cheesecake for dessert then, eh?"

Her eyes lit up at the mention of her favorite dessert. "With strawberries?"

"With strawberries." Jordan said, making Kara go crazy, her feet swinging back and forth, almost hitting his family jewels.

"Woah there Kara, are you trying to hurt me today?" Jordan joked.

Watching Kara carefully place the last few strawberries on the cheesecake made Jordan think.

Did he want to have any more kids with Riley? Of course, a house full of little Staals. He couldn't wait to come home after a long road trip and be surrounded by his sons and daughters as they tried to explain what just happened on Dora the Explorer. Just having those thoughts made Jordan growl, he was disappointed with himself.

Maybe if he didn't cheat, he could of been at least one step closer to that dream than where he's at now. Maybe Riley would be pregnant and ready to pop with Jordan Jr, who knew? It was those who knews that were slowly killing him inside.

"All done!" Kara exclaimed, snapping Jordan out of his day dream. Lines of strawberries lined the top of the cheesecake, after adding a small drizzle of chocolate sauce, it was ready to go in the freezer.

"Looks great!" Jordan said with a grin. And not only did dinner and dessert look great, they were starting to smell great. Everything would be done within the next hour, giving him almost an hour till Riley came home.

"Lets get you cleaned up, eh?" Jordan said, putting Kara on his shoulders. Her face was covered in chocolate sauce, and fingers to. How it was possible for a little girl to make such a big mess within a few seconds, Jordan would never know. She is after all a Staal, he reminded himself with a chuckle.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello all!
Its weird writing this now that he isn't a Penguin anymore, though I still fully support him! And that he's now married. Weird, hun?
The next chapter is almost done and fingers crossed that it comes out before Saturday!
I'd love to know what your thinking, your support means the world to me! <33