All I Need.

Chapter 4.

Jordan kicked his feet on his coffee table and placed a pillow behind his head as he leaned against the couch. It felt good to be home, to be spending time with his baby girl. He always felt relaxed when he was at home.

Jordan softly chuckled as Kara giggled, her blue eyes glued to the T.v, where Dora The Explorer was playing. He reached his hand out and brushed a lock of her hair from her eyes. Kara smiled, before hopping on the couch, and snuggling into her dad. She liked to be snuggled with, especially by Jordan. No one made her feel safer or better then being snuggled by him.

He placed a soft kiss on her forehead before grabbing the blanket from the arm off the couch and draping over them. He reached over and turned off the lamp, the only light in his Condo coming from the T.v. He knew he was tired, and Kara could use a good nap.

But for some odd reason when he closed his eyes, sleep didn’t overcome him like it normally did. His blue eyes traveled the room, and landed on one of his favorite pictures. It was a picture of himself and a very pregnant Riley, his arms wrapped around her and his face resting on top of her head. He could remember that day like it was yesterday, he had gotten off practice early and it would be Riley’s last day before going on maternity leave. Jordan had surprised her with a day full of pampering and then surprised her by giving her a baby shower back at his place. She was surprised at her baby shower all right, she nearly went into labor that night.

He chuckled softly, as he thought of the time that Riley had first broken the news to him that she was pregnant. Right after breakfast, she just blurted it out and he nearly choked on his pancakes.

Ever since the day Riley told him that she was pregnant, Jordan had been attached to her. He drove Riley crazy, because he would never let Riley out his sight, the only exception being when he had to leave for road trips. And even then, he would call her at least three times a day, and demand that she put the phone to her stomach, because the baby needed to hear it’s daddies voice.

He was convinced that Riley was going to have a boy and his brothers and teammates liked to joke that the only reason he got a girl; was because of all the hearts he broke. Looking back on it, he was secretly hoping for a little girl, someone he could protect, someone he could spoil. It was the one thing he dreamed a lot while Riley was pregnant, coming home after a tough game and finding Riley and his child waiting up for him. Every guy had a dream image of what his perfect family would look like, and that was Jordan’s. Riley and Kara, he had it. But he messed up and make a mistake that would forever hunt him.

Jordan sighed as Kara shifted underneath him, her head laying across his lap. Maybe he had lost it, but it wasn’t to late to go back and fix it.

- - -

Kara let out a loud giggle as Max picked her up and placed her on top of his shoulders.

“Free ride!” She yelled, throwing her head back in laughter.

Max chuckled at the little blonde, the only female that stayed constant in his life. Women came and went for him and the more time he spent around Kara the more he thought about settling down and starting a family of his own.

“Hold on mon petit ami!” He yelled back, before running around the park.

Jordan sat on the picnic table a smile on his face. Kara loved her uncle Max, her number one babysitter and God father. If she wanted something and Jordan and Riley told her no, Max would get it for her. He spoiled her more than her parents did. He loved Kara as if she was his own daughter.

Jordan laughed when Kara walked over to him, slightly dizzy as she held her arms up to be picked her. He placed a kiss on her cheek as Max took the spot next to him.

Max looked at his friend and instantly he knew something was wrong, he worried about Jordan a lot. He knew something was on his mind and he waited until Kara jumped down from his lap and ran over to a sandbox.

“Everything okay?” Max plucking a cookie from the box.

“No.” Jordan admitted, licking over his lips.

“What’s wrong then?” Max asked.

“I fucked up.” Jordan said with a groan. “I really fucked up.”

Max nodded his head, knowing exactly what he was talking about. “You did.” He said, there was no use denying it. “You can‘t go back and change what happened Jordan.”

“I know.” Jordan agreed. “I’m just so pissed about what happened. How could I hurt her like that?” He asked, his eyes slightly watering. “Not only did I hurt Riley, but I hurt Kara too. I fucked up my family Max. I fucked it up.”

Max felt his pain and he knew how much Jordan hated himself at the moment. He placed a hand on his shoulder. “But it’s never to late to try and make things right, mon ami.

And that’s exactly what Jordan Staal was going to do. He was going to get his family back together. He just wasn’t sure how to.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry I haven't updated this in forever. I lost my writing muse and it's slowly coming back to me. I changed the layout also, I like it. I hoped this chapter answered some questions and kept you wondering! Thanks for sticking with me and leaving me comments. You guys are the best and I love you all!

Anyone watching 24/7 Penguins/Capitals: Road To The NHL Winter Classic? It's been amazing so far and very funny. Let me know if you've seen it. Anyways, Jordan was in a small part and he gave a interview, I'll link you guys to it at the bottom. He looked so close to tears, I just wanted to hug him. There's been talk that be might play in the Winter Classic, and I hope he does. I miss seeing him on the ice.

Jordan's Interview