All I Need.

Chapter 6.

Riley was never a big fan of thunderstorms. They scared the living crap out of her, though as she got older she learned how to deal with them. Jordan. Jordan was her way of dealing with the storms, when they were still together he would cuddle with her and hold her tightly telling her stories about growing up in Thunder Bay until the storm passed by.

Riley mumbled a few curse words as she sat up in bed and placed her head against the headboard while turning on the news. She frowned hearing that the storm wouldn’t pass until early in the morning. How was she supposed to deal with this storm for the next 4 hours? Fuck, Riley thought as she walked over to her window. The sky dark and the clouds big. She bit down on her bottom lip when she heard lighting.

Surprisingly Riley found her self calm, she just leaned against her bed thinking of all the times Jordan had muttered to her that she was going to be okay. That it was just a storm and that the bad would be over before she knew it. It was safe to say that Riley missed Jordan. Heck, she missed all 220 pounds of him, even that cocky grin that annoyed her so much.

Breaking up with Jordan was the hardest thing she’d ever done. Deep down, she wished that her and Jordan were still together and that she and Jordan could give Kara what she deserved, a family.

Fuck, Riley wanted to be able to give Kara a proper family. Her baby girl deserved that and so much more. Riley sighed as she turned off the t.v and closed her curtain. Everyday Riley thought of what her life would be like if Jordan hadn't fucked up so badly.

Deciding to kept herself busy until the storm passed by, because there was no way that she was going to be able to sleep through this, she started going over some simple paper work for the Penguins.

She was so caught up in paper work that she barely heard her cell phone ringing.

“Hello?” She answered taking a sip of her water.

“Hey, Riley.” Came the husky voice of Jordan.

Riley’s eyebrows raised in confusion, “I thought you guys would still be in New Jersey, since it’s storming and all.”

Jordan chuckled, “No, no. Coach got us an earlier fight so we’d be out New Jersey before the storm started. I‘m actually in a cab on my way home right now.”

“Oh.” Riley said, crossing her legs and closing her laptop. “I’m glad you guys made it home early.”

“Yeah.” Jordan agreed, “How is Kara? How are you? You don’t sound freaked out, you doing alright?” Jordan knew of her fear of storms, he remembered holding her tightly until the storm passed.

Riley smiled, “Kara’s sleep. I don’t know how she’s able to sleep though this mess-,” Riley said before Jordan cut her off.

“It’s cause she’s a Staal, baby. Us Staal’s are fearless.” He joked making her giggle.

“Fearless alright,” She noted with a roll of her eyes. “I saw what you did today Jordan. You’re an idiot. That guy could of ended your career.” She said speaking of the game that Jordan played in earlier today, where two guys almost nailed him into the boards.

Jordan rolled his eyes, “Yeah, yeah. I’m not stupid Riley. I’m a smart hockey player, I know what I’m doing. So you watched me play today, hun?” He said with a grin.

“I always watch you play Jordan, so you can wipe that cocky grin off your face." She laughed. "But still Jordan, you have to be more careful.” Riley scolded him making Jordan laugh. It had been a good few months since he had been scolded and being scolded made him feel like a little boy who couldn’t keep his fingers out from the cookie jar.

“I don’t know what I’d do if I ever lost you.” She whispered, closing her eyes. “Please just try to be more careful on the ice for me and Kara. We need you Jordan.”

Jordan needed to hear that. He needed to know that Riley still needed him, like he needed her. Just hearing Riley say that let Jordan know that he still had a place in her heart. Yeah, it might take him forever to show Riley that he was sorry for what he did, but he still had a fighting chance to prove it to her. Jordan still had a chance to make things right.

It was quiet for a few minutes with Jordan letting her words sink in and Riley taking a few deep breaths to calm herself down. Pittsburgh was finally getting the worst of the storm and Riley was scared. She needed Jordan more than ever right now.

“Jordan? You still there?” She whispered.

“Yeah, I’m still here baby.” He whispered back.

“Do you think you could come over for a bit? I, uh, I’m scared and Pittsburgh is finally getting the worst of the storm and, I, uh, I need you Jordan.

Before she could say her last few words, Jordan was already giving the cab driver Riley’s address.

If he was going to prove to Riley that he was sorry for what he did, and that he wanted to get his family back together, then him being there for Riley when she needed him most; would be a good way to start.

And plus, Jordan missed holding her and watching her fall asleep in his arms.
♠ ♠ ♠
First off I'm really sorry I haven't updated any of my stories guys. If you go to my profile, my reason why I haven't updated should be on there. I feel a lot better now and things in my life are going much better.

Second off, you guys are the best. I mean that. The comments, and messages that you guys leave me, mean so much to me. I'm so glad that you guys are all enjoying this story so much. When I first started this story, I wasn't sure if people were going to read it. And to be honest, I'm not that great of a writer, so the feedback I've gotten on this has been amazing.

Third off, as soon as I post this chapter, I'm going to finish writing and editing chapter 7! So chapter 7 should be out by Wednesday. If it isn't, then I give you guys permission to leave me messages on my tumblr, since I'm on there everyday. (if you don't have my tumblr, just let me know and I'll give it to you.)

So you guys think Jordan coming over is the first step in the right direction, in trying to show Riley that he's sorry for what he did and that he wants to be with her? And speaking of what Jordan did, who's ready to read what exactly Mr. Staal did that fucked up his family?

Massive love and thanks to everyone that's commenting and reading this story. You guys make me smile when I read your comments and messages! :) Let me know what you guys thought of this chapter!