All I Need.

Chapter 9.

“Daddy!” Kara said, rubbing Jordan’s arm that lay draped across his head. “Daddy!”

When Jordan didn’t move or open his eyes, Kara sighed over dramatically something she had learned from her uncle Eric, before climbing up the bed. She crawled over to Jordan.

“Daddy! Get up!” She whined. Kara opened one of his eyes with her fingers and giggled when he swatted her hand away.

She waited a minute to see if he was going to wake up or not. And when he didn’t, she simply shrugged, before jumping on top of her daddy.

Jordan groaned, her foot had came close to his family jewels.

“Daddy, I knows yous up.” Kara said with a giggle, her blonde hair swaying.

“Go back to sleep.” Jordan said, wrapping his arms around her tiny body, making her giggle. “Daddy’s tired, baby.”

“Nos, get up, daddy!” She demanded, placing her tiny hands on his chest.

Jordan opened both of his eyes and gave her a look. “Kara.”

“Please, get up, daddy.” She whispered, a pout on her face. “I missed you.”

Jordan sighed, he was tired. He always felt guilty when she told him that she missed him. It broke his heart that he couldn’t see her every day but maybe now that he and Riley were taking baby steps he’d get to see Kara a lot more.

“Alright.” He said, making her giggled and clap her hands together.

Kara jumped off the bed, something Jordan had told her not to do countless times. He had no idea what he would do if his baby girl ever got hurt, and he wasn't ready to find out anytime soon.
“C’mon on, daddy!” She said, holding out one of her tiny hands.

He groaned, rubbing his face as he placed his hand in hers. He had to walk with his back bent down as she was so tiny, but he didn’t really care.

“Where’s mommy at?” He asked, just now noticing that Riley wasn’t in bed.

“In the living room!” Kara replied, grinning at her dad.

He picked her up and placed her legs around his neck and walked down the stairs when he spotted Riley. She's fucking beautiful, he thought to himself as he looked over her outfit. She wore a sleeveless black dress with red heels. The same red heels Jordan had gotten her on his birthday. He said the only thing he wanted for his birthday was for Riley to be wearing nothing but the red heels.

Jordan smirked remembering his birthday, it was by far the best one he had had in a long time.

“Where you gonin’ mommy?” Kara asked as Jordan placed her on the ground. “Why you no stay?”

Riley smiled softy as she bent down to Kara’s height, Jordan sure did love the view.

“I have to go to work for a few hours. Just for a few hours, okay?” She said, placing a kiss on Kara’s cheek.

“Okay,” Kara said, a frown on her face. She didn’t understand why she was always with just one of her parents. She never had any idea why she couldn’t be with both of them at the same time.

Riley placed a soft kiss on Jordan’s lips, which he tried to deepen.

“Baby steps remember?” Riley said before placing her lips once again against his lips.

“Right baby steps.” Jordan repeated out loud, and in his head.

With a sad smile Kara waved good bye to her mommy and Jordan pulled her in a tight hug.

“How ‘bout we get some food in your belly?” Jordan asked, once again placing her onto off his shoulders.

“Okay!” Kara said, swinging her tiny legs.

Jordan chuckled, “Are you trying to hurt me today?” He joked placing her on top of the kitchen counters.

“What do you want to eat?” He asked, pulling out one of her favorite sippy cup’s, and filling it with her favorite; strawberry milk.

“Panacakes wif strawberries!” She squealed, making Jordan chuckle.

He went to work, making her favorite breakfast. Kara was more then happy to sample a few strawberries while Jordan prepared breakfast for the both of them.

An hour later, a happy and full Kara sat on the floor in her room. It was your typical little girl’s room. Being painted a light green with white glow in the dark butterfly’s on the wall. Jordan had wanted to put hockey sticks on Kara’s walls along with hockey pucks, pictures and autographs of famous hockey players on her wall, but Riley had put her foot down.

“Alright, baby girl. I’ve feed you, now it’s time to get you dressed.” Jordan said, opening her closet door. “What do you want to wear today?”

Kara walked in to her closet and grabbed her favorite pink princess dress. “This!”

Jordan raised an eyebrow at her. “How about some pants and a shirt?” He suggested, knowing that they would be spending the day out.

Kara sighed before holding up a Carolina Hurricane’s red t-shirt that uncle Eric had gave her when the Canes last played the Penguins. “Oh! This!”

Jordan groaned, he thought he had hid it. It was no secret that Marc, Jared and Eric snuck their niece their team gear. He didn’t know which he hated more, the fact that his brothers did that, or the fact that Kara liked to wear the stuff she got.

“How about,” Jordan said, picking up a pair of dark blue pants and a gold and black Penguin’s shirt. “This?”

“No,” She pouted, “This,” She said, holding up her Carolina Hurricane’s shirt.

“Baby girl,” He sighed, “I thought you liked the penguins?”

“I do,” She giggled, shaking her blonde hair. “Canes more!”

Jordan laughed before picking her up and running towards her bed. He gently placed her on it, before tickling her.

“Not the tickle monster!” Kara laughed, trying to move from his hands.

“Say you like the Penguin’s more.” He demanded, pausing his actions.

“Hmm.” Kara said, thinking it over. “Canes more.”

Jordan laughed before tickling her again. “Say you like the Penguins, and I’ll stop.”

“Okay, okay!” She laughed, pausing his hands away, “I like Penguins.” She said, standing on the bed. “But, Cane’s more.” Kara said with a giggle, hopping off the bed and running out the room.

With a deep chuckle, Jordan ran his hands through his hair. Every day spent with Kara was never like the last.

“Alright, you can wear the Canes shirt,” He yelled, making Kara come back into the room. A grin on her face that looked exactly like Jordan's.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh hey there! A few things: I love you guys so much! Seeing all the feedback and support I've gotten is amazing so thank you all!
I just saw that this story has over 200 subscribers. Wow!!! Thank you so much to everyone and anyone who has subscribed, left a comment or even just read my story! Thank you.
And this chapter is for my amazing anon, who encourages me and reminds me to update! lol
I hope you all enjoyed the father/daughter moment, a few of you said you wanted to see that so I hoped you loved it!
As always comments and suggestions are welcomed!
I leave you all with this gif of Jordan! <3
Image