Status: Finished :)

I Didn't Know I Could Break Your Heart

What Happens In The Alley

Tyler stood in an alley behind an old, abandoned warehouse building in the bad part of town. It was still quite a while until sunset, so he wasn't too worried about getting shot or jumped. He ran his hands threw his blonde hair, knowing that he was streaking dirt through it. He couldn't stop himself from pacing. He hated the feeling that was running through his veins.

"Hey, Tyler," A voice called from the far end of the alley. He looked up to see Rudy walking towards him casually, one hand in his jeans' pocket, the other raised in greeting. He handed Tyler a joint and said, "You know, you haven't chosen the alley since you started going out with Jennifer. It's just been Hooters, Hooters, Hooters with you lately. It was starting to piss me off."

"Mmm," Tyler grunted, lighting the joint and bringing it to his lips. He let out a puff of smoke and slumped down against the wall. Tapping one foot against the ground, he mumbled, "Jen's gone."

"What?" Rudy asked, surprised.

"You heard me," He groaned out, taking in a big inhalation of smoke. Without warning, he let out a violent scream and threw his lighter against the far wall. "I never should have started dating her! It was stupid and, not to mention, completely illegal when we started f*cking each other! And she's stayed with me for five years, dropped out of college and risked her whole future, for what? A damned idiot who cheats on her and tells her about it every time just to f*cking hurt her."

"Whoa, whoa, whoa." Rudy interrupted, his eyes wide with shock. He laid one hand on Tyler's shoulder gently and said, "You never told her to hurt her. You told her because you loved her. It's not your fault."

"F*ck yeah, it's not my fault!" He exclaimed angrily, shaking off his friend's hand. Tyler jumped to his feet and faced Rudy, "You know who's f*cking fault it is? Marrietta's, that's who! If I ever see that bitch again I'm gonna kill her with my own bare hands! It's her f*cking fault that all of this happened. If she had never misinterpreted what Jennifer was talking about, then Jen never would've f*cking left me!"

Rudy stared at him blankly. He had no idea what to say to his friend. Tyler didn't care, he just went on angrily, "Of course, that's not true because I'm a horrible person and have been preventing Jen from leaving me for years! I'm such a f*cking asshole!" He took another puff and blew it out violently, "She gave me her virginity! She's Christian for crying out loud and she gave me her virginity! That's like... what? Risking eternal damnation for me? F*ck it."

Tyler slammed his fist into a wall. The resounding bang was accompanied by an unhealthy sounding crack. He shook off his hand carelessly, oblivious to the tears that it brought to his eyes. "I hate Marrietta, man, she messed me up bad. I didn't sleep with whoever that girl was who came up to me and I didn't f*cking cheat on her any other time either! We would still be together if it wasn't for that blonde bitch that kissed me on the football field. That little bitch ruined my life!"

"Dude!" Rudy exclaimed worriedly, "You need to calm the heck down! You're over-reacting. Jennifer's going to come back to you, man. She's in love with you."

He shook his head, the tears in his eyes finally making their way down his cheeks. There was no way to tell if they came from his pain or from his sadness. "You didn't see the look on her face, Rudy." Tyler whispered as he stared blankly at the ground in front of him, "You didn't hear what she said to me... She should have left a long time ago, buddy, and she didn't... because I'm too much of a f*cking asshole to have let her.

"She told me... she told me I was a slut and a man whore... she's right..." He muttered, shaking his head in disbelief at his own stupidity, "Damn... I love her so much... I just want her back, man... nothing else."

He raised his head to the sky hopelessly, "God, please hear me now. I know that I never go to church and that I never pray or read the bible or any of that, but if you'll just listen to me for one second I'll make it worth your while. Please forgive me for corrupting Jennifer and for swearing so much just then. And please don't give up on me because everyone else has. I just... I need a sign that Jen's gonna come back to me... please?"

At that moment, Tyler realized the pain that he felt was not in his heart but in his hand. He screamed when he moved it and then pulled it in to his chest. Rudy winced at the sound and came up behind him, "Come on, dude. I'm gonna take you to the hospital."

"Just leave me here to die," Tyler groaned out.

Rudy shook his head, "Not a chance, man. The Yankees would lose without you. So, come on, we're going to the hospital."

Tyler stared at his friend for a moment and then nodded his head, "Thanks."

"No problem," He replied, leading him out of the alley.