Disguises

Greyson.

This sucks. This really, really sucks.

When was the last time Vee and I talked, like actually talked? I can’t even fully remember. Maybe two weeks ago or even longer? He hardly talks to me anymore, only through rare text messages that don’t last nearly as long as I would like. Is he getting bored of me or something? Or is he busy with something else? I really have no idea.

I want to ask but it’d make me sound like some obsessed freak if I did. It’s honestly none of my business anyways. It’s his life and he has full control of it. He can do what he wants with it…but still.

We haven’t had a movie night and maybe I’m worried just a little bit. He’s been hanging out with those kids, Macy and Pat, and I know for a fact they smoke and I’m not talking about smoking cigarettes. Again, it’s his choice if he wants to get into that or not.

I bite my lip. This is just stupid, thinking about it won’t get me anywhere. It won’t get anything done. I’ll just try talking to him some time this week, ask him if he wants to come over for a movie night and maybe he’ll tell me himself? I hope he does.

I sigh and lean back in my desk. Mrs. Handzill is talking about some nonsense that I’ll most likely never use in my life while scribbling chicken scratch on the board. We’re supposed to be taking notes but I’m not. My pencil taps impatiently against my tablet. The bell seriously needs to ring…like now.

And not long after I think that it does ring. Everyone jumps from their seats, trying to get out of this hell before Mrs. Handzill decides to give us homework or keep us longer. We all speed walk out and into the halls. Tony and I walk to my locker where I shove my things inside before closing it.

Tony is saying something ridiculous that I’m not even paying attention to when I hear shouting from down the hall. It catches almost everyone’s attention so we all turn to watch. When my eyes fall onto Vee, who is leaning against a row of lockers with his arms crossed defensively in front of his chest, I immediately worry.

I push my way through the crowd just enough so I can see and somewhat hear what’s going on.

Tyler is standing in front of his boyfriend Matvey and he seems incredibly pissed off. There’s a frown on his face and his face is turning red from raising his voice. Both his hands are clenched at his side. The boy looks ready to explode.

“The hell are those?” He snarls, finally realizing that raising his voice is only causing problems because everyone is staring.

“It’s nothing,” Vee replies with a roll of his eyes. People are beginning to lose interest and they start walking towards class, completely ignoring the argument.

“Come on man, this is nothing worth watching,” Tony says to me, patting my shoulder and heading in the direction of class, expecting me to follow. When I don’t, he just continues walking and leaves me behind.

“Nothing?” Tyler scowls, slamming a hand on the locker next to Vee’s head. Vee doesn’t even wince. “Bullshit. You two were fucking cuddling, it looked like you were just about to do more too if you ask me.”

“Well that’s your dumb ass opinion!” Vee hollers, standing up straight so that he’s nose to nose with Tyler. “It wasn’t anything. He’s just a friend and you need to stop acting like such a jealous ass.”

“Damn it, Vee! You’ve been acting so weird lately. What the fuck is wrong? Are you cheating on me?”

“No.”

“Tell me the truth!”

“That is the truth!” Vee growls and tugs at his hair in anger. It seems that he has had enough and he shoves Tyler away. “Fuck off, will ya!”

“No.” Tyler grips onto Vee’s wrist when he tries to leave. The bell has rung and the halls are emptying. Tyler tugs Vee towards him and that’s when I finally decide that I’ll butt in although I’m sure they don’t want me to.

“Hey guys!” I call, throwing on a smile and walking over to them. When they see me, Tyler lets go and Vee moves away from him and closer to me. “What’s up? Is something wrong?”

“Fuck off, Greyson,” Tyler hisses my name like it’s the foulest thing on this earth. “This is none of your damn business.”

“Oh shut up, Tyler,” Vee groans, reaching for my hand as he says it. Our fingers touch and he intertwines his fingers with my own. The touch sends a shiver down my spine. I’ve really missed this boy. “Get lost. I don’t want to see you right now.”

And Vee tugs me away from the scene and out of the school into the parking lot. I raise an eyebrow and ask, “Where are we going, exactly?”

“Your house,” he replies without looking back at me. He’s angry. “Is that alright?”

I shrug. “Yeah, I guess.”

The car ride is completely silent other than Vee’s heavy breathing. His face is slightly red and eyes watery. I’m not sure if they’re tears of anger or sadness that he and Tyler are fighting. I don’t ask either because I’m sure he doesn’t want to talk about it, at least not right now. He’s probably tired.

When we reach my place, Vee hops out of the car and I follow him. He just opens the front door and heads up to my room where he falls onto my bed and screams profanity into the pillow. I can’t help but laugh. He looks like such a child with his arms and legs flailing wildly and sounds like one with his voice so muffled.

“Stop laughing!”

I hold my sides and continue.

“Stop it!” Vee whines. “I’m angry and depressed and…damn it, Grey!”

I really did miss him.
♠ ♠ ♠
I didn't realize this needed updated until now
Sorry XD

Comment&Subscribe?