Disguises

Greyson.

I stare at the door that Vee just used as an escape. Before I even had time to say anything about the amazing kiss we shared, he apologized and ran out the door. Sighing, I press my palms into my eyes and curse myself for kissing back. Of course he doesn’t like me. He’s with Tyler.

They just had a fight and I’m sure he’s frustrated. He obviously just kissed me because he was frustrated and confused. To think that I had my hopes up for a mere moment. What a fucking idiot.

Hoping to get my mind off things I go downstairs and make myself dinner. Mom isn’t home so I end up just making some pizza. I chew on it as if I were angry with it, which is ridiculous. It’s pizza. Who the hell gets angry at pizza?

Once I finished eating I went back up to my room and decided the hell with it, I’m going to sleep.

The next day Vee and Tyler seem fine. They’re smiling and holding hands as they walk down the hallway. I feel this fiery sensation in my stomach. I know what it is and I’m praying that no one notices me turning green.

I don’t even know why I bother anymore. I should really just get over Vee. We’re nothing more than friends and that’s all we’ll ever be. Although I’d do anything to change that. And the day went by like every other. It was slow and boring and when the end of the day finally got here I nearly sprinted to my car and drove as fast as I could home.

Mom looks up at me from her spot on the couch when I enter. Smiling, she asks, “How was school sweetie?”

I grunt. “Same as ever.”

“Sounds exciting.”

I smirk and walk over to her, placing a kiss on her cheek. “Love ya, mom.”

“Love you too…is there anything you’d like for dinner?”

“Whatever is fine with me.” I head up the stairs and into my room. There I change and as I’m doing that my phone rings. It’s Vee.

“Hello?”

“Um…hey, Grey.”

“Hey.” I keep telling myself to act as if last night didn’t happen. I’m sure he wants to forget about the kiss I hope he doesn’t.

“Listen…about last night,” he mumbles and I smile at how completely adorable he sounds. “I’m really sorry…I shouldn’t have just kissed you like that. You aren’t mad, are you?”

“Why would I be mad?” I am mad. I’m just not mad for the reasons he thinks I am. “Just forget about it if it’s bothering you that much, Vee.”

I can see the pout on Vee’s face. “I was just being a good person!”

I snort. “You a good person? You’re joking.”

“Fuck you!” Vee whines and I laugh as I take a seat in my computer chair, turning on my computer. As it longs on Vee and I continue talking. I can’t help but wonder why he’s not out with Tyler but I’m not complaining.

I log onto face book like I do every night and the first thing I see is a status. My eyes grow wide and my jaw falls slack. Vee is talking to me, trying to get my attention back but I’m too busy staring at the screen. It’s like a dream come true.

“You and Tyler broke up?”

Vee doesn’t answer but I guess he doesn’t really need to. The answer is right there on the screen. Eventually the boy sighs and replies, “Yeah…it just wasn’t working out.”

“Eh…I understand. It must be hard dating such a prissy little thing like you.”

“I am going to come over to your house and butcher you in your sleep.”

“Is that a promise?”

Vee laughs. “You’re a sick freak.”

“Says you.” I know it’s bad to be this happy about Vee and Tyler breaking up but I can’t help it. Just knowing that Vee is once again single gives me that little glimmer of hope back that maybe, just maybe I can get him. I try to think of something, anything that could possibly get him to notice me in that sort of lighting.

I’ll do whatever it takes because to me Vee is worth it.

“But seriously…sorry to hear that.”

“No you aren’t,” Vee giggles. “Don’t lie to me.”

“Are we still up for movie night this weekend?” I ask and hope that he says yes. For once I actually get my wish.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry for this sucking too...

Comment&Subscribe?