Disguises

Greyson.

Vee and I are sitting on my bed watching a movie. We have the pillows propped up behind us, keeping us comfortable. One of my arms made their way behind Vee’s back some time during the evening. He hasn’t said anything about it so I haven’t moved it.

There’s popcorn on Vee’s lap and a bowl of candy on mine. Our bottle of pops are lying at our sides and the lights are off. The only thing lighting my room is coming from the TV. I glance at the digital clock. The red flashing numbers are telling me it’s nearly eleven, which is late for Vee to stay but I’m not complaining.

Looking down at Vee, I see the way the color of the TV flashes across his eyes. He smiles at a slightly amusing part before adjusting himself. He’s sitting closer to me now. I can feel his leg pressed against mine and the warmth radiating off him and onto me.

Now more than ever I just want to lean in and kiss him but I’m sure that would definitely not be a good idea. I can only imagine his reaction.

The ending credits roll onto the screen and I get up to take the DVD out. Glancing back, I find Vee curling up under the covers with a sly grin.

“And what exactly are you doing?” I smirk and head towards my DVD collection. I pull out another movie because it’s obvious that Vee isn’t leaving just yet.

“Getting comfortable,” Vee replies like it’s normal to be cuddling under my covers.

Rolling my eyes, I put in the movie and head back to bed. I do the same and curl up under the covers next to Vee. And before I know it Vee is fast asleep next to me. His eyes are shut and I can feel his chest slowly rising and falling beneath the covers.

It’s past midnight now. My eyes are heavy but they haven’t shut just yet. I’m too focused on Vee. He’s a friend, I know that but I can’t help but want him to be more. I feel like such a selfish bastard. Vee has a boyfriend and although I’m not happy about that I should respect it and deal with it.

Sighing, I move closer to Vee and put an arm around his waist. When he doesn’t move or stir I decide it’s ok. Pressing my lips to the back of his neck, I whisper, “You’re driving me crazy, Vee.”

And I pull away before I do anything I’ll regret and turn so that my back is pressing against his. I still feel the warmth and it takes all my will power to force myself asleep.

When I wake up the next morning Vee is gone. I assume that he went home but when I went downstairs I found him sitting at the table with my mom. They are sipping on some orange juice and both grin when they see me.

“Morning sunshine,” my mother says around a grin. She gets up and I walk over to her to place a kiss to her cheek. She asks me what I want for breakfast and ends up making blue berry muffins.

“Do your parents care that you stayed the night?” I ask Vee and sit beside him. When he puts down his orange juice to answer I take it and chug the rest.

With wide eyes and jaw slack Vee growls, “You drank my orange juice…you little fucker.”

“Technically it’s my orange juice since it’s in my house,” I tease.

My mother clears her throat to catch our attention. We both look at her as she says, “Actually sweetie, this is mine and your fathers house and I gave that juice to Vee so it’s his.”

“Ha!” Vee punches me in the chest, hard. I rub the now sore spot and pout at my mother. She’s my mom. Isn’t she supposed to be on my side? What the hell?

“But no,” Vee finally answers my question. “I called this morning and apologized and told them I had just stayed here.”

I nod and soon after mom gives us our breakfast. Vee and I eat our blueberry muffins in silence and once we finish Vee stands. His phone starts ringing loudly in his pocket so he leaves the room to answer it. While I’m sitting at the table my mother says, “He’s a babe.”

“A babe?” I laugh. My mother callings someone a babe just sounds so strange to me.

“Yeah.” She smiles and takes a seat next to me. She starts nudging me softly with her elbow. “Don’t you think he’s a cutie?”

“He is a he, mom. Why would I think he’s a ‘cutie’?” I laugh and try to act like I don’t have a huge girly crush on Vee but I guess I must be obvious because my mother gives me the look. You know the one that tells you that they know what is going on and they want you to stop pretending? Yeah, that one.

“I wouldn’t mind seeing him around more often,” she says, standing up and walking towards the sink. “I think you two are cute together.”

I scoff. “It won’t work…besides, dad would be furious.”

He would be more than furious, actually.

“That was Tyler, he wants to hang out so I better get going,” Vee says, putting his phone back in his pocket.

“I’ll take you home.” I grab the car keys and grin when Vee tries to object. He obviously losing the argument because I end up just walking to the car anyways. After a few minutes of whining he finally gets into the car and allows me to drive him home.

“Hey Vee…can I ask you a favor?”

“Sure.”

I pull into Vee’s drive way and turn to face him. He’s looking at me with a smile and I bite my lip to keep myself from telling him how completely adorable he is.

“Next Friday is the last football game of the season…I was wondering if maybe…you could come and watch the game…I mean, you don’t have to if you don’t want to and you can just say no but I would…really like it if you came.”

Vee laughs and shakes his head at me. Grinning, he says, “I wouldn’t miss it.”

I grin and watch as Vee steps out of the car. I watch him walk up the steps to his front door and he turns around to wave to me. After he steps inside, I back out of the drive way and head home with an idiotic smile on my face.

This crush is bigger than I originally thought.
♠ ♠ ♠
I haven't updated in almost a month
...well fuck
Here's the update

Comment&Subscribe?