Disguises

Greyson.

Sighing, I flip my pencil over and over through my fingers. The eraser taps anxiously against my desk for a moment or two before I go back to flipping it between my roughened finger tips. Beside me a girl is clearing her throat, trying to get my attention but I completely ignore her to stare out the window.

The sky is a clear blue without a single cloud in the sky, which kind of sucks. I normally cloud watch during this period. Looks like I can’t today. Once again, I sigh and lean back in my desk. At the front of the room, Miss. Hainey is talking but her words are hardly reaching my ears. It all sounds like a bunch of gibberish and I’m not even trying to fix that.

I’m so out of focus. I’ve been like this for a while.

It’s been about a week since Vee and I have hung out or really associated with one another. It isn’t that I don’t want to be around him…it’s just a hell of a lot harder to be around him now that he’s with Tyler. I can’t go near him during school hours because all I think about is shoving Tyler’s skull into the nearest object and ripping his insides out through his asshole…violent much?

After school I’m so tired because of practices and games. Not only that but Vee is always talking to Tyler on the phone or going out. Sure, we still text and message one another on face book like before but…it’s like now that I know he’s gone I want to reach out, grab him and make him mine.

He was never mine to begin with but that doesn’t matter.

The sound of the bell causes me to jump right out of my seat. The entire class erupts with laughter as they head out of the room. Some point and look back at me, giggling as they do so. Grumbling to myself, I grab a hold of my back pack and sling it over my shoulder.

Tony is behind me laughing within seconds. “Man, nice one.”

“Shut up,” I grunt, not in the mood to put up with him.

“Somebody is on their period,” Tony scoffs, raising his nose high in the air. “What’s wrong?”

“Nothing,” I sigh, opening my locker to grab what I need. After I do, I turn to face Tony and shake my head. “Really man, it’s nothing. Drop it.”

Tony knows I’m lying so he nudges me slightly as if to say I’m here if you need me. Trust me, I know he is but I can’t talk to him about this. I can’t imagine what he’d say. Probably something along the line of you sick faggot. I really don’t want to hear that.

I’m lying in my bed that evening when my phone’s alarm suddenly goes off. Reaching into my back pocket, I pull the device out to see it’s time to head over Vee’s for our usual movie night. My teeth come out to chew mercilessly at my bottom lip. A small fraction of me wants to send him a text saying I can’t make it but at the same time…I really do want to go.Maybe I can talk him into breaking up with that ass?

After deeming myself acceptable, I leave for Vee’s. I get there in no time and head up the porch steps to knock on the door. At the sound of footsteps I take in a deep breath to calm my nerves. The door creaks open and at the sight of Vee, I sigh and smile.

He smiles back and it’s like all the stress is taken away. All I can think about is him and how great it is for it to be just the two of us.

“Hey,” he greets, moving back to let me in.

“Hello,” I chirp, turning to face him with a smile. “What movies are we watching tonight?”

“Horror movies. It’s almost Halloween you know!” Vee cries excitedly. “I’m going trick or treating.”

“Of course you would.” I smirk at his pout.

“Trick or treating is fun. Who would pass up free candy?”

“Crazy people.”

“Exactly!” Vee waves his arms wildly. “Aren’t you going?”

I shrug. “Maybe. I don’t have a costume though.”

“You don’t need one.” Vee cracks up at the glare I shoot his way. Giggling, he hits his hip against mine and smiles. “I’m kidding.”

“I should leave for that.”

Vee frowns and grabs a hold of my wrist, keeping me from leaving. Smiling, I look down at his pout. “No!”

Does it make me a bad person if I say that I like teasing him like this? It feels good to know that he wants to keep me around. It makes me feel like maybe, just maybe, he cares about me like I care about him. Of course, there’s no way that’s true. He’s withthat dirty son of a fucking bitch Tyler.

The two of us finally take our places on the couch. All our junk food is lying before us and I grin because it’s all really terrible. If coach knew I was eating this he would bitch me out. There are things ranging from ice cream and pop corn to chocolate and jelly beans. There’s really everything.

“So,” I mumble, catching Vee’s attention. A bright red twizzler hangs from his mouth, which makes him look all the more adorable. There’s this urge to lean over and take a bite of his twizzler and sure, I should ignore it but I don’t.

Vee’s cheeks tint red when my lips just barely skim his. Butterflies erupt in my stomach but I pretend as if the act of me taking his twizzler didn’t affect me. Smirking, I lean towards him to ask. “Why isn’t your boyfriend here?”

It takes a moment for Vee to reply, although his cheeks are still a light shade of pink. “He said he didn’t want to have a movie night, the ass, something about a party. I didn’t want to go.”

“I wouldn’t have ditched you for a party.” I bite my lip afterwards because I really didn’t mean for that to slip out, although it was true.

Vee smiles at that. “I'm going to remember that."

The movie rolls on and the two of us turn our attention to the TV. Maybe we get a little too close during the movie and maybe Vee ends up burying his face in my chest when he’s scared but…what Tyler doesn’t know won’t hurt him.Maybe I should just tell him? His pain will amuse me.
♠ ♠ ♠
I kind of love these two...

Comment&Subscribe?