Status: Writing~

Unexpected True Love

Chapter 10

After Jordan cleared everything up, our “relationship” (I guess that’s what you could call it) overall went pretty smooth.

We tried to see each other as much as we could with our hectic schedules to get to know each other a bit better.

I don’t know if you could call me his “girlfriend”. We never really made it official. I guess we were an item then?

I spent a lot of my time at the arena watching practice whilst trying to concentrate on my schoolwork. I was known as one of the best multi-taskers back in the day and it always worked for me!

Since I spent as much as my free time as I could with Jordan I was around the team a lot and ended up becoming close friends with most of them. I enjoyed being around them and they enjoyed my company. They were like the older brothers I never had.

I really enjoyed being around Max and Flower, because I became their partner in crime when it came to pulling pranks on everyone. I never knew I would be such a vital part in their shenanigans. Then again, I did have the experience growing up as the middle child between two brothers.

-----

One autumn day, Jordan picked me up from my dorm and we headed to the arena, which was basically like a routine for me.

“What do you want to do after practice?” Jordan asked me as we pulled into the Consol’s parking garage.

“Uh, well it depends on how much homework I get done.” I said with a frown.
“Boo! Okay.” He said as we got out of his SUV.

“I can’t help it?” I shrugged as he grabbed my hand and intertwined our fingers.

There was an awkward silence between us. This always happened.

“So,” I said after a while “I get my boot off in a week, you jerk.” I said playfully. I still gave him my famous attitude.

“Ha, funny.” He replied sarcastically as I dropped one of my books. “Aww, what’s the matter? Do you need a strong man to carry your books for you?” Jordan said teasingly as he picked up my book.

“No, you cocky bastard!” I said as I elbowed him in his stomach.

“Hold on!” He said as he rushed to the door and opened it for me. “I don’t want you to drop anything.” He said with a smirk on his face.

“You’re such an ass!” I said as I kicked him in the butt and walked through the door.

“Oww!” He complained. “I would like to return on Wednesday thank you very much!” He said as he rubbed his rear.

“That’s what you get for picking on me!” I said with a smile.

“Awe, look at the two lovebirds!” Max said as he came down the hallway.

“Gag me with a spoon.” I replied.

Just as I said this, Jordan came from behind me, and wrapped his arms around me, and gave me a big sloppy kiss on my cheek.

“EWW! JORDAN!” I screamed as I untangled myself from his arms and smacked his face lightly.

“You loved it, don’t deny it.” Jordan said.

I made a gagging noise and Max couldn’t stop laughing.

“Wanna know something funny Jenna?” Max asked me after he controlled his laughter.

“Jordan’s face?” I answered back and stuck my tongue out at Jordan.

“That, and when you were ignoring Jordan for 3 weeks, all he would do is walk around the locker room with his iPod on repeat listening to Misery by Maroon 5 over, and over, and over.” Max said making fun of Jordan.

“HA! HA!” I said as I pointed at Jordan who was now bright red.

“Oh, calm down Jordan! Sheesh!” I said as we continued walking down the hallway.

The three of us arrived at the locker room and this is where I (unfortunately) had to depart.

“See you on the ice, lover boy.” I said poking Jordan in the arm.

“Yeah, Yeah.” Jordan said walking into the locker room.

I made my way to the stands and found the seat I usually sat in. I draped my legs over the seat in front of me, put my headphones in, and began to read over my Anatomy notes. I must have been too into my notes to realize practice had started. Occasionally, I would look up to see what was going on and resumed to my schoolwork. About an hour into practice, I didn’t notice Jordan on the ice. This was odd, so I waited until practice was almost over and still no Jordan. I picked my books up and made my way down to the locker room. I finally found him in the trainer’s room nursing his right hand.

“Jordan, what happened?” I said as I set my books down beside him.

“I broke my hand.” He said frustration filling his voice.

“What?!” I exclaimed as I clasped my hands over my mouth.

“Yeah.” He said through gritted teeth.

“I’m so sorry.” I said as I gave him a hug trying my best to avoid his injured hand.

“At least you’ll be here to take care of me.” He said.

“Uh, about that.” I said as I pulled away. “I’ll be in Indianapolis this weekend.”

“What?!” He said frowning.

“I’m sorry! It’s only for 3 days! I’m pretty sure you’ll live!” I replied.

He sighed. “I guess I will.”

“Don’t worry, it’s not like I’ll be leaving you forever.” I said as I messed his hair up.
♠ ♠ ♠
I didn't know how to end the chapter. Lol. Hopefully this is better than the last chapter! Oh, I have the next chapter written but, I'll only post it if I get some comments! Pretty please? I hate to do this! But, please? Thank ya! ;)