Status: Finished

Rescue Me

I'm going to stay here.

I turned on my side to look at Tom, still snuggled up in the blankets. “Am I what?”

“Are you planning on bringing me on tour with you?” I asked, repeating my question.

“Did my mom told you this?” Tom asked, shifting to look at me in the dark as well.

“She did,” I told him. “She said you were taking me on tour with you when you guys leave again.”

“Really?” Tom asked, softly. I simply nodded, not sure if he saw me do so or not. “Well I-”

Before he spoke further, I cut him and asked, “Are you planning on bringing me with you on tour or not, Tom?”

He shifted and sighed. “I am, yes. I don't want to leave you here alone and I think it would be safer for you to come with me,” He said.

“Why would it be safer?” I asked, slightly confused.

“You would be away from him,” He said, in a soft voice that came out almost as a whisper. “You would be with me and the boys, plus we have a lot of bodyguards that would be able to protect you.”

“I'm not sure what to say,” I said, looking up at him. It's been awhile since I was looking in the dark so my eyes got used to the darkness.

“You don't need to say anything,” Tom said, smiling. “You only need to accept.”

“I can't Tom,” I finally told him, after a moment. “I can't accept that. I'm going to stay here.”

“What? Why?” He suddenly asked.

“Bringing me on tour with you would be too much, especially that you've taken care of me over the past few days. You've done enough,” I told him, honestly. I couldn't accept going on tour with him. It was just too much.

“Please Kay,” He pleaded. “I don't want to leave you here after knowing everything that happened. I can't leave you here. I already feel bad enough for not helping you sooner. It's the least I can do.” He said, looking at me with a hint of sadness in his voice.

“You've already done the least you could do, Tom. You helped me through so much already. I seriously don't know what I would do without a best friend like you,” I admitted, smiling.

“Like you just said, I'm your best friend and as your best friend, I am taking you with me,” He said, looking at me.

“No, Tom,” I told him, shaking my head. “I appreciate everything you did for me so far but I refuse to go on tour with you,” I said, looking up at him. “Goodnight.”

Just as I started to turn on my side, Tom placed his hand on my arm, under the blankets. I froze at the touch, making my breath get caught in my throat and my body stiffen. “Fuck!” Tom cursed. “I'm sorry,” Without thinking, I quickly got up from the bed and started to walk towards the door, still in a state of shock. Before I could open the door of Tom's room, Tom stood in front of me, blocking the way. “I'm so sorry Kaydene. I didn't know you were still fragile.”

I looked up at him but couldn't see his face expression because it was dark over here. But from the tone in his voice, I knew he didn't meant to scare me. “I-I'm sorry Tom. I didn't meant t-to react that w-way,” I said, in a shaky voice. “I'm sorry,” I walked forward a bit and wrapped my arms around his waist, hugging him close.

“It's okay,” He said, nuzzling his face into my hair as he hugged me back. I winced a bit but ignored the pain and enjoyed the embrace, telling myself that it was Tom, not Alec. “Can we go back to bed now?” He asked, softly. I nodded and unwrapped my arms from his body. He did the same and guided me to his bed.

I laid down on my side and waited for Tom to do the same. He pulled the covers over us and once again, I brought them to my neck and snuggled up in them, feeling the warmth envelop me. “It's cold in your room,” I told Tom.

“I know. I left a crack of my window opened,” He told me, shifting in bed.

“Like you always did when you were young?” I asked, laughing quietly.

“Exactly, yeah,” He said, laughing with me. Ever since Tom was young, he always left his window opened a little in winter so the cool air filled the room so when we would wake up, we would be arm under the blankets. I have to admit, I liked that he did that because I loved snuggling with the warm blankets in the morning. It was also relaxing just listening to the sounds from outside. “Goodnight.”

“Goodnight,” I said, smiling as I inhaled the sent from Tom's Toy Story blanket once again.

------

“Good morning,” I said, as I entered the kitchen. I had just got out of the shower and I was all prepared. Simone was cooking breakfast while Gordon was at the table, reading a newspaper with his cup or coffee.

“Good morning, sweetie,” Simone said, smiling over at me. “Want a coffee?” She asked.

“No thank you,” I told her, smiling. “Could I have some orange juice instead?” I asked, shyly. I've always been shy with Simone and Gordon, especially now since I haven't seen them in awhile.

“Of course,” Gordon said, smiling. “You don't need to be shy, though. You can serve yourself, you know.” He said, laughing from the table. I nodded, shyly and went over to one of the cupboards to get a glass. I then took the carton of juice from the fridge and poured some in my glass.

“Do you need help, Simone?” I asked her, after taking a few sips from my orange juice.

“Would you mind setting the table?” She asked, giving me a smile.

“Not at all,” I returned her smile and started to place the things we would need, on the table. “Where's Bill?” I asked, noticing he wasn't around.

“I think he's in-”

“Hello,” A happy Bill sang, as he entered the kitchen, cutting off Gordon as he spoke.

“He's right there,” Gordon told me, pointed to Bill, chuckling.

“What is it?” Bill asked, looking from Gordon to me, looking a bit confused.

“Kaydene was just wondering where you were,” Gordon said, smiling and turned back to look at his newspaper.

“We'll I'm here,” Bill said, grinning at me. “Why do you wanted to know where I was?” He asked, still looking happy. I swear, nothing could make him look sad. I think...

“No reason,” I said and smiled shyly. I don't know why but I always felt shy and intimidated with Bill. Unless Tom was there.

“Okay,” He said, happily and took a seat at the table. Why was he so happy anyway? I swear it was killing me.

“Kaydene, could you go wake up Tom while Bill will help me put the food on the table?” Simone asked, turning around to look at us.

“Sure,” I said, looking at her just as Bill got up and walked over to Simone. I exited the kitchen and walked upstairs, towards Tom's room. I opened the door, feeling the cool air hit it. Yeah, it was still cold in his room. Usually Tom would be laying on his stomach, arms under his pillows with the blankets to his ass but surprisingly, all I could see was his body form covered up with the Toy Story comforter.

I walked to the other side of the bed and awed when I saw him. He was laying half on his right side and half on his stomach. His left arm was placed over the pillow that his head laid on, the covers were up to his neck and his mouth was opened, slightly. I chuckled and stared at him.

After a few seconds, he opened his eyes, sleepily, and looked at me. He looked so confused and lost. He always did when he woke up. “Hmm?” He asked, still looking at me.

“Breakfast is ready,” I told him, smiling slightly.

“What time is it?” He asked and moved to lay on his stomach, face on the other side.

“Almost 1pm,” I told him.

“Okay, I'll be right down,” He said and snuggled up more into the blankets.

“Don't fall asleep again,” I said, chuckling, as I walked over to the door and walked out his room. I went back into the kitchen and noticed everyone sitting at the table. “He's coming,” I said, laughing.

After hearing the toilet flush upstairs, a sleepy looking Tom came in the kitchen and sat in front of me. He looked so lost and confused. His eyes weren't all open, too. “Looking sleepy,” Gordon said as he finished eating a bite of his bacon.

“Yeah,” Tom said, staring at something on the table. I started to eat while still looking at him. After a moment from looking at the table for nothing, he rubbed his eyes and started to eat. Bill and I chuckled and looked back at our food.

“What are we doing today?” Bill asked as he chewed his eggs.

“I have a bit of work to do today and Gordon wanted to clean the basement today,” Simone said, from besides Tom.

“What about you Tom?” Bill asked his older brother.

“I was thinking about calling Saki,” He said. I gave him a questioning look, but continued to eat my breakfast.

For the rest of the breakfast, we talked and laughed about different things. When we were all done eating, Bill helped Simone clean the table while I helped her put the dishes in the dishwasher. Tom was in the shower and Gordon was gone in the basement, starting to clean it and go through old things they had.

“Thank you for the help,” Simone said, smiling at Bill and I.

“No problem,” We both said. We all chuckled and went out separated ways. Simone went to her office while Bill went in the basement, to see what Gordon was up to. I walked upstairs, wondering if Tom was done with his shower. I entered his room and saw him sitting on his bed, talking on the phone.

“Okay thanks. We'll be waiting for you,” He said and hung up.

“Who were you talking to?” I asked him as I sat next to him.

“Fuck!” He cursed. “You scared me,” He said, laughing and placed his hand over his heart.

“I'm sorry,” I said, laughing.

“So, are you ready?” He asked me.

“Yes, why?” I asked him, confused.

“The mall is closed but Saki got us to go so we'll be alone,” Tom said, smiling.

“That's awesome,” I grinned widely. I liked the idea of going shopping with Tom in a mall that was empty.

“We should get going,” Tom announced, getting up from the bed. “Saki is going to arrive soon,” I nodded and followed Tom downstairs. We put on our shoes and coats and waited by the door. “Mom, we're leaving!” Tom yelled, making Simone come after a few minutes.

“Where are you leaving?” She asked, looking over at me.

“To the mall,” Tom said, smiling. “We'll have it to ourselves.”

“WAIT FOR ME! I'M COMING!” We heard Bill yell from upstairs. Not even two seconds later, Bill was running down the stairs, smiling widely at us. “Okay let's go.”

Tom and I chuckled and walked out the door, with Bill behind us. Bill got in the front in Saki's car while Tom and I got in the back seat. We greeted Saki as he greeted us back and started to drive towards the mall. The ride took about 20 minutes and when we arrived, Bill was about to walk out the car but Saki stopped him.

“I called Tobi and he said he would go with you, seeing you still can't be alone,” Saki told him.

“Okay cool,” Bill said. “I needed someone to hold my things anyway,” He said, laughing.

We all laughed with him and got out of the car when Tobi parked next to us. Bill instantly dragged him into the mall and disappeared. Tom and I chuckled at him and made our way inside the mall, with Saki following us a few feet away behind.

“Where do you want to go first?” Tom asked, looking at me.

“I don't know,” I said, shrugging. “How about my favorite clothing store?” I suggested, grinning widely.

“Okay,” Tom said, smiling. I knew he hated shopping but he seemed to enjoy it right now.

“Oh and I forgot to tell you,” I told Tom, making him look at me confused, wondering what I was going to tell him. “I accept going on tour with you.”
♠ ♠ ♠
If you noticed, the titles are usually something that a character says ^^
Hope you liked it (: