Status: Finished

Rescue Me

Every single day I regret

------------ Tom's point of view

“Tom, stop!”

I didn't get distracted from the voice and kept slamming my fist against Alec's face. Blood was everywhere but I really couldn't care less right now. I was going to make him suffer just as much as he made my best friend suffer, if not more.

“I fucking hate you!” I yelled, seeing red. Just as I got ready to hit him again, I was taken away from Alec by Saki. After that, two policemen came into the room and grabbed him from the floor.

As Saki backed me away from Alec, I raised my hand up to my nose and wiped it, not caring if blood had gotten on my nose. “Calm down, Tom,” I heard Saki mutter.

“I'm going to fucking kill him with my bare hands!” I growled, eying the bastard as the polices handcuffed him. “You're dead, Bensen! Dead!”

Alec simply gave me a smirk and followed the police. “I love you Kaydene!” he yelled just as he passed the bathroom door.

That bastard!

A few minutes after Alec left with the police Saki released me and I quickly walked over to the bathroom. “Bill, it's me,” I whispered, and knocked on the door quietly.

“Hold on,” he said. I heard shuffling and after a moment the door opened to revealed my brother holding Kaydene. “Holy shit Tom!”

I groaned, knowing he was referring to my appearance. “Just go lay her in my bed okay?” I quickly said, glancing down at Kaydene, who was asleep, before walking in the bathroom. When I saw Bill walk away from the bathroom, I turned to face the mirror and my mouth dropped.

I looked horrible!

My white t-shirt was stained with blood. Not only was t-shirt had blood, my nose was bleeding, my lip was busted and my right eye was swollen. Right under my bruised eye there was two cuts parallel with each other. I opened the faucet and washed the blood off my hands, wincing as the water got into my cuts. Sighing, I dried my hands and grabbed a washcloth from the rack, wetting it with water. I got closer to the mirror in attempt to have a closer view of my face.

“Are you okay?” Bill said, after standing next to me.

“Yeah, it just hurts a little,” I said, eying him in the mirror before looking back at what I was doing.

“Sit down,” he ordered. I turned around to look at him and he simply pointed the counter, motioning for me to sit. I sighed and game myself a little boost up so I was sitting down on the counter. I watched my brother as he wet the washcloth again and turned over to me. “Tell me if I hurt you.”

I simply nodded and looked at him as he started to clean my face up. “It's been a while since this happened,” I said after a moment and chuckled.

“Since what happened?” he asked, furrowing his brows in confusion.

“Well, you cleaning my face after I beat up someone,” I said, still watching him as his expression softened, earning a chuckle.

“True,” he said, meeting my gaze.

We both stayed silence as my brother continued to wash the blood off my face. I kept watching him and I could feel that he was feeling a bit sad so I broke the silence and spoke.

“I know that you hate it when I fight but I... I just had to fight back on this one Bill,” I muttered.

“It's okay,” he muttered back, leaning away from me. “It wasn't for a stupid reason this time and I knew how you felt when you first found out about Kaydene's abuses!”

“How did I felt exactly?” I asked, slightly confused.

“It broke you to see her like that because you feel responsible for what she went through. Tom, I know that your biggest regret ever is not telling Kaydene how you felt about her before she got into that abusive relationship.”

------------ Kaydene's point of view

Opening my eyes a little, I noticed that I wasn't on the bathroom floor in Bill's arms anymore. Starting to panic, I quickly got up on the bed and looked around. “Tom?”

“I'm right here!” I saw him getting up from the couch and walk over to me. “Is everything okay?” he asked, worriedly.

“Wh-where's Alec?” I asked, feeling a lump in my throat and tears filling my eyes.

Tom noticed and quickly came to sit next to me. “Shhh. It's okay, he's gone now.” I snuggled closer to his chest as he rubbed circles in my back and held me tight, just like Bill did earlier.

Gosh he looked horrible.

His face. His perfect face was now all beaten up.

His lip was busted right in the middle, his right eye was swollen and he had two cuts on his face.

Gosh I felt so bad for putting him through all this.

I sniffled while holding on into his t-shirt and thought about different things. I shouldn't be giving this hard time to Tom. I should stand up for myself and be a man. Well, probably not but I shouldn't let Alec get to me like this. I should get over the fact that he's gone ounce again and be grateful that Tom's here for me.

But then again, I did let him get to me like this.

I couldn't stand up for myself.

I removed myself from Tom and wiped my tears that had gathered around my eyes and my face. I sighed deeply and Tom looked at me worriedly. “Is everything okay?” he asked, earning a nodded. “Do you need anything?”

“I-I'm kind of hungry...” I whispered and looked at him.

“Yeah?” he asked, placing his hand on my arm. I nodded as he continued. “Well how about we order some pizza in and then watch a movie?”

“Okay,” I said, nodding my head a little.

An hour later, Tom and I were comfortably sitting on the couch, eating some deluxe pizza, which was delicious by the way. The box of pizza was in the middle of us on the couch while a big blanket kept both of us warm. Tom was holding a cane of Coke on his lap and a pizza in his other hand while I was sitting Indian style on the couch, munching on my third slice of pizza.

“Well, that movie was good,” Tom stated, as he chewed on his pizza.

“Of course you like it!” I said, chuckling. “You've seen it at least 3 times already!”

“It's still good though,” he said, grinning and grabbed his fifth pizza slice.

A silence seated in the room as Tom ate his pizza. After a moment, I decided to remove the box from the couch and place it on the table in front of us. I scooted closer to Tom and placed my hand on the left side of his face. He took his eyes off the credits that rolled down the screen at look at me and stopped chewing his pizza. He was about to say something but I spoke before him.

“Your face is so bruised,” I said, tears threatening to fall down my face. “It's all my fault.”

“It is not your fault, Kaydene!” Tom said, looking straight into my eyes. “Please don't blame this on yourself,” he whispered.

“But it's my fault that you were out there beating each other up earlier,” I said, shaking my head a little.

“Kaydene...” Tom whispered.

“It's my fault,” I said, as a tear fell.

“It is my fault, Kaydene! I was the one who was too dumb and per-occupied by other things to notice that you were suffering. It's my fault that I haven't told you earlier and I can't help but regret it every single day!” he said, still keeping his eyes on me.

“What are you talking about?” I asked him, rather confused.

Sighing, Tom took a deep breath. “I-I...please don't be mad!”

“I wont be mad at you, I promise,” I said, removing my hand to place it on his arm instead.

“Every single day I regret not telling you how I felt about you before you got in that stupid abusive relationship with that fucking bastard! Every single day I fell like I'm partly responsible for what you went through for two months. I'll never be able to forgive myself for it, Kaydene.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope the long wait was worth it (: