‹ Prequel: Time of Your Life
Sequel: Like We Used To
Status: Completed. Read Prequel and Sequel.

In Your Mind

Chapter 17

----Jinx's P.O.V----

"Kyle!" A girl with fiery red hair girl yelled, running into Kyle's arm.

I stepped off to the side, I looked her up and down. She had mid back length brown hair, obviously it was dyed. She was around 5'9 and was skinny. I assumed she was Kyle's sister.

I stepped off to the side and looked around nervously. I spotted Caleb and Marc in the living room, seating in front of Austin and Jonathan.

Caleb stood up and waved me over, "Jinx!"

I stumbled through the hallway and stepped around the side table and sat down next to him. I laced my fingers together and bounced my knee up and down nervously.

"Jinx," He laughed, "Calm down, it isn't like his mom is gonna beat you,"

"That's what you think," Marc mumbled.

Caleb shot him a look before smiling weakly at me. "You should meet Kayleen, you'll like her,"

"Is that the girl that was hugging Kyle?"

Caleb peered around me and nodded, "Mhmm, Kayleen,"

"What about Morgan?"

"I'm not sure if she came," He admitted, "I haven't seen her if she has,"

I fiddled with my thumbs, "Where's his mom?"

"She's..." He paused, "Marc where's Mrs. Burns?"

"She's outside with most of the woman, they're preparing food and stuff," Marc answered.

I nodded and straightened my shirt. I looked around the room, narrowing in on the patio door. I was able to see outside. I would see a woman hustle by, bowl in hand.

"Kyleeee!" Austin smirked wiggling his eyebrows, "What took you and Jinx so long?"

A smack echoed in the room and I burst into fits of giggles at Austin's stunned face as Kyle's hand collided with his back.

Kyle grinned at me and plopped down in my lap. "Do you think I'm fat?"

I laughed, "Of course not!"

"You won't be thinking that after an hour of him sitting there,"

I turned and looked at the girl from earlier. Kayleen.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Kayleen Burns!" She spoke cheery, sticking her arms out.

I pushed Kyle off me abruptly and stood up, hugging her awkwardly. She laughed and stepped back.

"I'm J-jinx," I stammered, shuffling my feet, awkwardly.

She grinned and stepped forward, pulling me into a warm, welcoming hug. I returned it awkwardly and patted her back, feeling odd.

She laughed, "Your kinda awkward,"

"It comes off like that," Kyle teased, "He's really shy,"

"Shy?" Caleb exclaimed, jumping up. "He's nothing but shy! You should see the things him and Kyle does-"

"Ahem,"

I clenched my eyes shut as soon as I saw Kyle's face turn white and the smile disappear. In it's place was an unsure and confused face.

"M-mom," He stammered, stumbling towards her,

She let out a long deep sigh before a small smile creeped up on her face. "Kyle my son," She 'tsked', "Welcome home!"

Kyle sprinted into her arms and wrapped his long limbs around her smaller frame. She returned the gesture and they stood like that for awhile.

I assumed they were whispering and quietly talking.

Kyle stepped back and pointed at me before looking at his mom. His mom nodded and I could see her lips move but I couldn't hear any words.

Kyle turned red and looked down, cheeks set aflame. "Mommmm," He mumbled, clearly embarrassed.

I laughed out loud and quickly clasped a hand over my mouth as everyone returned there gaze to me. I swallowed and ducked behind Caleb as Kyle smirked at me.

"You shouldn't have done that," Caleb laughed knowingly, "Mama Burns' attention is now on you,"

"No!" I whispered, slapping my thigh.

"Yeah," Caleb nodded.

"Jinx.." Kyle trailed off, motioning for me to come towards him.

I let out a shaky breath before approaching him. I stood halfway hid behind him, with my eyes casted downwards.

"Mom," Kyle began, "This is my boyfriend, Jinx,"

I looked up into his mothers eyes, the exact same ones as Kyle's. She smiled down at me briefly before sighing.

"What a pleasure to meet you," She spoke up, softly.

Her voice was kind, any coldness or harshness that may have ounce been there seemed to vanish in thin air. She stepped forward and enveloped me in a hug.

"Welcome to the family,"

As soon as the words left her mouth every one broke out into a grin and they started jumping up and down, frantically.

Tears pricked my eyes as I smiled genuinely at Kyle's mom. I knew right then and there, that she meant what she said.

I was happy that for once, everything Kyle wanted was coming to life..

His mom accepted his likings in boys and everyone seemed to be happy.

Or so I thought.
♠ ♠ ♠
:D WHO LIKES THAT?
I DO!

Nowww.
Hereeeee it all comes crumbling down!

--Com/Sub!