‹ Prequel: Time of Your Life
Sequel: Like We Used To
Status: Completed. Read Prequel and Sequel.

In Your Mind

Chapter 23

---- Jinx's P.O.V ----

I tend to find myself jumping to conclusions. Expecting the unexpected.

I nervously fiddled with the hem of the shirt as tears sprang to my eyes as soon as the words left Kyle's mouth. I couldn't fathom the emotions that abruptly hit me. I couldn't think of anything, instead I found myself running towards Kyle and clinging to him desperately.

"D-don't leave me!" I cried, wrapping my arms and legs around him. I couldn't imagine being without him again. The thought was too overbearing. My insides seemed to erupt in butterfly's as I came in contact with Kyle.

He stumbled backwards and held us up as he leaned against the counter. I could feel him gulp as he brought his hand up and caressed my face.

"I love you," He breathed, his thumb wiping my tears away.

"Then why are you doing this?" I sobbed into his neck.

"I'm not doing anything," He whispered.

"Your.. breaking up with me, right?" I mumbled.

I scrunched my eyebrows up in confusion. I peered up at him expectantly, my sight slightly blurred as I tried to seize the tears that continuously poured down my face.

"No," He laughed, nervously.

"Really?" I exclaimed, jumping up.

"Really," He clarified.

"Damn," I breathed out. "I thought.... Dammit,"

He shook his head and kissed me softly. "You worry too much,"

"I guess.." I shrugged, wiping my eyes.

----

I feel stupid now. I didn't need to worry. Silly me, Kyle loves me. I sighed softly. I was curled up on the couch, watching zombie land. Kyle was gone, he went to the store to get some food and shit we need to survive.

I tapped my chin and began flickering through the channels. I sighed and settled on Rob Dydrek's Fantasy Factory.

Ring, Ring, Ring.

"Hello?"

"Hey Jinx," Heidi's cheerful voice broke through the phone.

"Heeey,"

"When are you leaving to come here?" She questioned.

My mouth dropped.

I forgot about spending half the week home! How could I forget?

"U-uh... soon,"

She groaned. "You forgot, didn't you?"

"Yeah.."

"Book a flight later for you and Kyle," She instructed.

"You want us to fly to Arizona?" I laughed. "It's not that far,"

"It's farther than you think," She retorted. "Are you going to make Kyle drive the whole time?"

"He does get pissy when he drives..." I mumbled. "Uh, sure, I'll have Kyle do it later,"

"Have me do what later?"

I shrieked and dropped the phone, falling onto the floor. I groaned as my shoulder hit the side of the coffee table. I rubbed the sore spot and scowled at Kyle's grinning form.

"Owie," I whined.

"What are you having me do?" He ignored my pain.

"Book flights for-" He cut me off.

"I already did," He said, shoving a ticket in my arms.

I carefully eyed it and my eyes widened as I saw the flight was scheduled for tomorrow at 1:30. I carefully slid it in my pocket.

"At 1:30-" He cut me off again.

"It was the only flight scheduled for Arizona," He explained. "You should start packing, I have to go to Jonathan's house and pick up Caleb,"

"He drove to Jonathan's though.." I trailed off, knitting my eyebrows together in confusion.

His smiled faltered before he coughed. "Uh yeah, His car ran out of gas."

"Oh," I mumbled. "I'll go pack then."

He smiled at me before dangling his keys and walking off. I licked my lips and swallowed before saying,"I love you, Kyle."

He froze and looked down before turning his head towards me. "I love you too... Jinx,"
♠ ♠ ♠
TWO MORE CHAPTERS.
Two.

Can any guess what's going to happen?
Yeah.. The next chapter is gonna.. be bad. :(
Don't hate me.. xD

i'm reaaaally sorry..
ALRIGHT.

I've already started on it but I keep stopping cause it's hard to write.. >_<

JOIN MY Contest <---

--Com/Sub!