‹ Prequel: Time of Your Life
Sequel: Like We Used To
Status: Completed. Read Prequel and Sequel.

In Your Mind

Chapter 24

----Jinx's P.O.V----

I continued to fold clothes and lay them in the almost full suitcase. I tossed in the few last pairs of socks and underwear before zipping it. I tugged it down the stairs, almost tripping over a pair of Kyle's Nike's.

I kicked them to the side and leaned the suitcase against the wall closest to the door. Kyle come trudging down with a few of his bags.

He was talking rapidly on his phone, glancing at me every few seconds. He slid his phone shut and shoved it in his pocket.

"Uh, that was my mom, she needs my help," He explained. "Her printers not working..... and if she uh.. doesn't get the project she's been working on faxed over by noon she'll get.... in trouble,"

"Oh," I mumbled, "Then we should leave now and-" He cut me off.

"I'm gonna drop you off, I sure don't want you to miss it," He said, "If I happen to miss it I'll just catch the next one, John and Heidi would kill me if I caused you to miss it."

I frowned. "I really wanted to ride the plane with you..."

"We'll have plenty of those moments," He waved it off, grabbing my bag.

I sighed and followed after him much like a puppy. I hopped into his jeep and buckled up as he came around the front. He climbed in and cranked it before speeding out.

I hope he doesn't miss it.. I don't really favor the idea of riding the plane alone. I swallowed and looked out the window, admiring the laughing couples jogging by.

I wish me and Kyle were like we used to be...

Everything seems tense and awkward now...

I looked at him briefly. "Were gonna have so much fun in Arizona. My sister makes the best honey glazed donuts."

He cracked a smile. "I remember, she owns a bakery, right?"

I nodded. "Mhmm, Heidi works there."

He drummed his fingers against the steering wheel. "Uh, she likes Garrett, right?"

I grinned. "How did you notice?" I asked, sarcastically.

"I was just making sure, Caleb thought she was hot,"

"He has competition," I teased.

"I'll be sure to inform him when I get to his house," He laughed.

I furrowed my eyebrows. When he gets to Caleb's house? Why is he going there? I thought he was going to his moms...

"When are you going to his house?"

He swallowed and quickly brushed his hair out of his face. "I'll uh, call him later, he wants me too... inform him on how the flight goes and shit."

"Oh," I mumbled.

"Were.. almost there," He pointed across the road. "I just love how close I live to the airports, especially when were leaving out early for tours,"

"Speaking of tour, this one is going to be the best. Every thing's just.. great,"

He licked lips and nodded. "Yeah.."

"I hope we have that slip and slide thing again, Y'know, the one with chocolate,"

"Were here,"

I turned and peered out the window at the huge airport. I carefully climbed out as Kyle grabbed my bags. He laced our hands together and tugged me through the horde of people.

We walked in and over towards a row of seats. I dropped my bags and turned towards Kyle to only get pushed backwards. He grabbed onto my hips and crashed his lips to my harshly. I gripped his hair with my hands and groaned from the impact of the wall.

He leaned his fore heard against mine, our breathes mingling together. I pushed his hair aside and gazed into his eyes. The brown and blue orbs starred back at me in fascination.

"I love you," He whispered.

"I love you too."

He kissed me again softly and stepped back, dropping our hands. "I'm gonna.. leave now, my moms waiting,"

I looked up at him but he quickly dropped his gaze and wiped at his eyes. "I-I'll s-see you...... later," He choked out.

I eyed him suspiciously as he stumbled backwards. "I love you Jinx,"

"Kyle what's wrong?"

"N-nothing, I'm just thirsty, dry throat." He murmured. "Uh, bye, for now, if I don't make it in time.."

"Yeah.. bye.. for now."

He walked off with his shoulders slumped and hands stuffed in his pockets. How come I feel like we just broke up? It's probably just my emotions... We've never really said goodbye before.. Yeah, that's it.

----

I sighed as the clerk signaled for everybody to get ready for the flight. I checked my phone and my hope dropped as I saw it was 1:28. I starred intently at the airport doors, desperately wanting my familiar boy to run in towards me.

I didn't get what I wanted.

I short older lady with gray hair wobbled in using a cane and accompanied by two younger teenagers. They seemed happy as they walked by, chatting to each other.

"Flight 218 to Tempe, Arizona is now boarding." The loud speaker boomed.

I frowned and grabbed my bags as I boarded the plane. I handed the ticket taker my ticket and she stamped it, handing it back to me.

I walked down the crowed isle and to my seat, sliding in closest towards the window. I starred down at the concrete ground.

Where are you, Kyle?
♠ ♠ ♠
One more chapter...
:(

Geeeet ready.
HERE IT COMES.

It's gonna beee long.
Kinda.

Com/Sub!