‹ Prequel: Time of Your Life
Sequel: Like We Used To
Status: Completed. Read Prequel and Sequel.

In Your Mind

Chapter 25

----Jinx's P.O.V----

I grabbed my bags off the carrier and shuffled over to the waiting center. I flipped out my phone and called Heidi.

Ring, Ring, Ri-

"Hello?"

"Heidi," I greeted. "Uh, I'm at the airport and-"

"'Speak no more!" She gasped, "I'm on my way."

I laughed lightly and plopped down into the old worn blue plastic chair. I sat on the edge and dialed Kyle's all too familiar number.

Ring, Ring, Ring, Ring, Ring, Ring,Ring.

I frowned as the sound kept repeating itself over and over. Just like it was mocking me. I mean, maybe he's already on a plane..

"Heeey, this is Kyle," His cheery voice broke through the phone, "I obviously didn't answer the phone so just do your thing."

Beep.

I cleared my throat. "U-uh Kyle, this is J-jinx, I was just calling to check in on you.... I'm guessing you must be on your flight now.. When you get here just call me and we'll come get you."

Don't over react. He probably caught the earliest flight he could. Either that or he's driving here... Either way he can't answer his phone.

Just relax.

Nothings wrong.

----

I jogged after Heidi's excited form. She dragged two of my smallest bags behind her and attempted to lift the in the trunk of her car.

I laughed and took them from her, tossing them in the trunk. She huffed and rolled her eyes before climbing in the drivers seat.

I copied her movements but with the passengers seat.

"Where did you say Kyle was?"

"Uh, he's either on his way or doesn't have cell phone service.." I trailed off.

She looked at me oddly before shrugging. "Oh, more time for us to hang out then. What do you wanna do?"

"Right now I wanna go home," I answered. "Kadie will be ecstatic when she sees me."

She nodded eagerly. "She will, she's been asking about you since John and the guys came home,"

"Speaking of the guys, what about Garrett?" I teased, poking here.

She blushed and bite her lip. "We uh.. were talking, he's taking me to the movies tomorrow night."

My mouth fell open as I felt over whelmed. When did Garrett do this? I can't comprehend how he got over his nerves to ask her out..

"When did he ask you?"

"The night they came in." She confessed.

"That's great!" I exclaimed. "I'm so happy for you!"

She smiled brightly and turned down my street, pulling up to the curb of my house. I thanked her and hopped out, grabbing my bags and struggling to bring them inside.

I quietly laid my suitcases down and tip toed into the living room, hearing Kadie's all too familiar laughter. As I walked in my family looked up, eyes wide.

I motioned them to stay quiet as I sneaked up on Kadie. I grabbed her up and spun her around, grinning at her giggling body.

"J-jinxy!" She shrieked, wrapping her arms around my neck. "I missed yew!"

"I missed you to sweet pea," I teased.

She gasped. "Me no sweet pea! I hate peas!"

I fake gasped and shook my head. "Of course not! How dare I forget?"

She shook her head and leaned up. "Where's Kyle?"

"He's uh.. in Texas. He's probably on his way."

"He's coming? I have to draw him a picture!" She wiggled in my hold. "Down, down!"

I sat her down and she immediately scampered off upstairs. I shook my head and stepped forward just in time for my mom to hug me.

"It's good to see you." She whispered.

"Ma don't-" Her sobbing cut me off.

"Cry." I sighed.

"My growing boy, your turning into a young man!"

"He's always been a man." My dad piped in. "O'Callaghans are like that."

Boy.. My Dads right. O'Callaghans are like alot of things. Were stubborn. Outgoing. Ready for anything life throws at us.

Only...

I'm not read for this.

----

"Heeey, this is Kyle, I obviously didn't-" I sighed and closed my phone.

Why isn't he answering? Something could be wrong! ..Caleb would call and tell me, right? I bite my lip and hesitantly scrolled over Caleb's name, clicking send.

Ring, Ring-

"Hello?" His groggy voice answered.

"Caleb!" I exclaimed. "Uh.. Where's Kyle?"

"What'dya mean?"

"What?" I ask, confused.

"He didn't tell you?"

"Tell me.. what?"

"This doesn't sound good.." Caleb muttered. "Uh, he's at his moms-"

"Did he fix her printer?"

"What?" He asked.

"He said her printer was messed up or something." I sighed, frustrated. "Where is he?"

"He's at his moms, there having a cook out or something."

I didn't know whether to scream or cry. To throw a fit or drive back to Texas right now to demand answers. I felt.. betrayed. As if everything me and Kyle had worked on was for nothing.

"What?" I asked sharply.

"He's at his moms. Eating food." He stated.

"What?"

"Are you deaf?" Caleb exclaimed. "I'm sleepy. Tired. Kinda hungry. I'm not in the mood."

"Are you shitting me?" I cried. "He lied to me."

"....About what?"

"He's suppose to fly in!" I choked out. "H-he lied. He isn't flying in, is he?"

"Jinx," Caleb sighed. "'I'm sorry, I really am... I didn't know."

"Are we over then?" I stammered.

"U-uh... Don't cry." He pleaded. "Just don't start-"

"I can't help it!" I sobbed, rolling onto my pillow. "He left me! He lied! He isn't flying in!"

"U-uh.. S-stop!" Caleb stuttered.

"Jinx?" A soft rapping echoed at the door.

I froze at the mere sound of John's voice. I licked my lips and quickly wiped my hair out of my eyes. He can't find out.

"Y-yeah?"

"What are you doing?" He questioned. "Where's Kyle?"

"He's at his moms." I answered. "Eating."

"What do you-" He froze. "Oh Jinx, he didn't."

I wiped my eyes quickly as the doorknob rattled and John shuffled in. He edged closer until he was sitting on he edge of my bed.

"Explain everything."

There was no question in his voice. It was all demand.

"H-he lied and told m-me he would fly in late c-cause his mom need his help...."

"That bastard. That skinny ass bastard." John snarled, wrapping his arms around me.

This only made me cry even more. I clutched onto my pillow and buried my head into John's white shirt. He wrapped his arm around me and sighed.

"This is the last time. He's not getting away with this."

----

Being me, I spazzed out over the whole 'Kyle situation'. But, I didn't take John's words to a serious consideration. I didn't give a second thought.

After all, we all know John says alot of things and hardly ever fulfills his word.

I sighed and swirled my spoon around in my bowl of fruit loops. I ignored Heidi's worried glance as she sighed and slid in next to me.

"You need to eat."

"I'm not hungry." I replied.

"Your loosing weight and quite frankly, you don't look so good." She mumbled.

"That helps alot," I mumbled sarcastically.

"I didn't mean it like that," She said softly. "I'm worried, you never do anything."

"What do you expect me to do?" I questioned, throwing my hands up. "Kyle lied and hasn't talked to me in a week. What do I do?"

"Something!" She exclaimed. "You can't just sit here and drown in self pity."

"I can try."

She rubbed my shoulder and shook her head. "John and them are leaving out tomorrow. Are you going?"

"Are you crazy?" I stammered. "I can't even manage seeing him! You expect me to go on tour and act as if everything is okay?"

"No." She shook her head. "I expect you to go on tour and throw him a good right hook and leave."

"Like that is going to make anything better."

"You could try..." She trailed off. "Caleb called this morning.. he told me him and the guys totally yelled Kyle out for everything... and..."

"And what?"

"Him and his Dad are talking.." She mumbled. "Do you know a Mindy White?"

I shrugged. "Not really.."

"Apparently her and Kyle are talking although Caleb and the guys are showing there displeasure to the idea."

"Well good for him. Let him fucking move on. I don't need that bastard," I grumbled, standing up and walking upstairs.

Truth be told.

I needed that bastard alot more than I thought.
♠ ♠ ♠
That's it.
Check out the sequel.

The first chapter should be up by Sunday night.
Maybe even tonight...

Com/Sub!

I WANT ALOT OF COMMENTS.
This is the last chapter. I need coments.
I'm only 13 comments away from a new comment page. :)