‹ Prequel: Time of Your Life
Sequel: Like We Used To
Status: Completed. Read Prequel and Sequel.

In Your Mind

Chapter 6

----Kyle's P.O.V----

I bite my lip and tapped the my thigh, thinking. My plans going great, Me and Callie's gotten more close. I looked up as it got louder and laughing was heard from a distance.

A group of smiling teenagers...

There so lucky, not a worry in the world. There life isn't screwed up.. I sighed and dug my phone out of my pocket, dialing my sister's number. I rose and began walking around, heading in know particular direction.

Ring, Ring, Ring, Ri-

"Hello?"

"Morgan!" I yelled, a smile forming on my face.

"Kyle... Um.. I have to call you back," She mumbled, awkwardly.

"Why?" I asked.

"Dads here.. and he uh.. Just- I'll call you later," She whispered.

"Your kidding me!" I exclaimed. "Are you that embarrassed to talk to me in front of Dad? Honestly, That's low,"

"Kyle, I'm sorry.. You know how dad-"

"No I don't, Your my sister, you should always stick up for me," I muttered hanging up on her.

It was quiet ad tears pricked my eyes, teasing me, ready to flow over. I rubbed them, trying to dispose of the unwanted tears..

I choked back and sob by shutting my mouth and clenching my eyes closed. I slid down against the nearby bus and pulled my knees up against my chest, I laid my head against my knees and wrapped my arms around my legs.

I mumbled incoherent things, trying to make something of this mess I've created..

My phone started to buzz and I slowly picked it up, answering without stopping to check the call I.D

"Yeah?" I mumbled.

"Kyle!" Kayleen's voice rang out. "I'm so, so, so, so sorry!"

"It's fine.. I guess.. I mean it's my-" She cut me off.

"Don't you dare speak those words!" She ordered. "Now, go find Caleb,"

"But-" she cut me off.

"What did I say? It's for the best!"

I huffed and stood up, walking towards my band's merch tent. "Kayleen.. What do I do? I'm a mess!" I cried.

"You.. Do what you do best. Your not a screw up, Your a.. A fix up. You fix people, Kyle.." She said softly.

"But," I whispered. "What if I can't fix myself?"

"You can, Your gonna fix Jinx, fix everyone!" She exclaimed.

"I can't!" I sobbed.

"Lie! That's a lie! Your Kyle fucking Burns! Everyone knows, us Burns don't give up, We fight for what we want and don't take no for an answer!"

"But Kayleen I did!" I whispered, getting louder by the second. "I fucked that girl and didn't tell her no! I let Jinx leave and didn't stop him! I let him walk out and back to Callie! I didn't- I didn't-" I spluttered.

"Kyle, Sssh, Kyle, Listen to me and me only," She soothed. "Yes, everyone makes mistakes, but that's how were different, We fix people and that includes ourselves."

"Kayleen I can't do it," I confessed, tears pouring down my face. "Dad hates me, Jinx hates me, John, Dammit all of The Maine probably hate me!"

"Kyle fucking Burns, shut your trap, Listen to me, I'm only gonna say this one more time," She ordered. "Were gonna fix you and Dad's relationship, Now, Have you found Caleb yet?"

I looked up and nodded, forgetting she can't see me. "Oh.. Um yeah, He's under the tent.."

"Alright, good, Are all of the guys there?"

I counted and nodded. "Mhmm, All of them and some of The Maine.." I mumbled.

"Is Jinx there?"

I shrugged, "I don't know.. If he is I can't see him.."

"It doesn't matter, Just go give the phone to Caleb." She ordered.

I walked toward Caleb, I could feel myself shrinking under everybody else's gaze.. There stares and whispers erupted as soon as I walked past them, I could feel their judgment, I didn't dare meet there stares, afraid I would crack, afraid I would let Kayleen down..

I stopped in front of Caleb and he looked up, gasping as if he was just shot. "Holy crap, Kyle, what happened?"

I looked at him confused for a split second before automatically reaching up and wiping my face. Wet. Great, now everyone will think I'm a crybaby..

I ignored his outburst and handed him the phone.

"Who is it?"

"Kayleen," I answered.

"Oh," He said confused but took it none the less.

"What does your sister want?" Kent asked.

I shrugged and sat down in between Caleb and Kent, I could feel people's stares and I looked down, self consciously, fiddling with my thumbs.

I could barely make out what Caleb was saying, he was whispering and mumbling things back, as Kayleen yelled and ordered, more thank likely threatening his life.. and manhood..

"Yeah, Bye," He said. He closed the phone and it got quiet, everyone was dieing to find out what was going on..

He slipped my phone in my hand and patted my back, "Kyle, if things are bothering you.. You know you have us,"

"Is this what this is about?" Jonathan's asked, confused.

I shrugged, looking down sheepishly.

"You have us," Marc added.

"No matter what," Kent chirped.

"I mean, You can't get rid of us," Austin teased.

"Unless, you like, Shot us or-" Marc got cut off.

"Not helping!" Kent whispered, trying not to laugh.

"What's bugging you?" Caleb whispered, leaning in closer.

"I don't wanna..." I trailed off, looking up for the first time.

My hair was matted to my head, from the tears that were previously running down my face, I adjusted my shirt and flickered my eyes across everyone.

I locked eyes with Jinx.. He was hidden between John and Jared, Callie free..

"I'll tell you later.." I mumbled.

"Alright, I'll hold you too it, So don't be lying.." Caleb said.

I nodded and looked down again, sighing as I swallowed..
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment! :D