‹ Prequel: Time of Your Life
Sequel: Like We Used To
Status: Completed. Read Prequel and Sequel.

In Your Mind

Chapter 9

-----Kyle's P.O.V-----

My mouth was wide open and my eyes wide as they can be, or I imagined. "Wait, your telling me that you and Callie were faking it the whole time, to get me jealous?" I asked, in disbelief.

"Yeah.. In shorter words.." He nodded.

"I've never been so proud of you!" I exclaimed.

His eyes widened and he seemed frozen, "Are you.. Are you serious?"

"Yes! That was brilliant!"

"So your not.. mad?"

"No! How could I? After all, it does get me back for.. you know.." I trailed off.

"Yeah.. So.. Where does this leave us?"

"Welllll," I say dragging out the 'L', "I would answer that, But... Callie and Jared are.." I motioned toward there figures, they were watching, ready for anything to happen.

"Um.. Guys," Jinx said, "Could you.. Uh, leave?"

Jared rolled his eyes and huffed before grabbing a stunned Callie and dragging her body as if she was a rag doll.

"So.." He began.

"No, I think I should talk, Cause.. Well.. I want too," I cut him off.

"Smart ass," Jinx retorted.

I grabbed him in a headlock and messed his hair up. His arms flared, trying to find some sort of way to get free. It was impossible. He stopped and just dropped his arms, lifelessly.

"You give?"

He sighed and nodded.

I hesitantly released him and stepped back as he quickly spun around and tackled me. I laughed as he crawled onto me, straddling my hips.

He leaned down, our lips mere inches apart. I leaned up eagerly and he smirked and pulled away teasingly.

I narrowed my eyes, "What are you playing at?"

"Well," He drawled it out slowly. "I'm playing at.. Well, I haven't said yes yet,"

"Oh come on!" I groaned, throwing my hands up.

He laughed and swooped down, pecking my lips. "Alright, Yes,"

"Really?" I exclaimed.

"I one hundred percent positive, absolutely sure, I know for a fact-" I cut him off.

"I get it,"

He grinned cheekily and jumped up tugging at my arm like a little kid. "Come on!" He yelled, impatiently running off.

I scampered up and almost tripped on my long lanky limbs. My feet padded against the cool ground, I wrapped my jacket around my body tighter, trying to keep some warmth hidden inside, It was impossible.

I finally seemed to catch up to Jinx as he skidded to a stop at The Maine's tent. Much to my displeasure; Almost all of our friends were hanging out their.

"Guess what!" Jinx yelled, frantically waving his arms back and forth.

Whoah.. Someone needs to get this kid some pills.

Or wait, Did he forget to take his meds?

"What?"

"What?" Everyone else seemed to ask.

"Holy shit, What is it?"

Jinx glanced at me, silently asking, Can I tell everyone?

I'm not gonna tell the kid no. He'll get upset and I'll feel bad, John will threaten me, Caleb will give me disappointed looks..

I nodded, plastering a smile onto my face.

He spun around and cleared his throat, "Kyle asked me back out!" He yelled.

There it goes.

The cats out of the bag.

The ketchups out of the bottle.

The dog is out of it's house.

The rabbit is out of its cage.

The pickles are out of the jar.

The bees are out of their hives.

The condoms are out of their wrappers- Wait, Where did that come from?

I dismissed the thought and shuffled around awkwardly at the attention I was receiving. I cleared my throat and looked up, brushing my hair out of my face.

Jinx practically flew over to me and linked our arms together. "And I said yes,"

"Yeah!" Caleb shouted, punching the air.

"Amazing," Kennedy said, looking down at his phone.

"Couldn't be more happier!" Jack shrieked, tackling Alex.

"That's great," Marc cheered up.

"Awesome!" Kent yelled.

"Jinx," John spoke up.

Jinx snapped his head up and looked towards John.

John cleared his throat and motioned for Jinx to follow him. Jinx looked up at me before dashing off with John.

I swallowed nervously and picked at my pants. I drummed my fingers across my thigh and sighed, leaning my head back.

----

"Kyle..." A soft voice whispered. "Kyleeeee!"

I shot my eyes open automatically. "Jinx you scared the shizz out of me," I mumbled, wiping my eyes/

He giggled softly, "Sorry.."

"S'fine," I waved him off, rising up, towering over him.

"Let's go to your bus," He suggested.

"Good plan," I nodded, lacing my hand with his.

It seemed to take forever as we finally reached the bus. I opened the door and allowed Jinx to go in first. He smiled at me and dashed off to my bunk.

I peeled my shirt off walking to the back and tossed it in the hamper. I pulled the door open that allowed us in the area and closed it quietly.

Everyone else was either not on the bus, or asleep. I didn't want to take the chance and find out. I tugged my pants off and slid on some basketball short and pulled my curtain back to see Jinx under the covers, wearing one of my shirts.

"Are you wearing pants?" I questioned.

"Do you want me to be wearing pants?" He teased.

"I'm not sure, I really sleepy..."

He laughed and rose the covers up, allowing me to look under.

"Phew, would've been an ugly sight," I joked, climbing under.

"Well then," He huffed, turning over.

"Come on," I whined, "I was kidding."

"I know,"

I rolled my eyes and pulled him closer, burying my head in the crook of his neck, breathing in his intoxicating scent.

"Did you just smell me?"

"Go to sleep!" Caleb yelled.

"Jeez," Jinx muttered, curling into my side.

I laughed lightly, and licked my lips, pulling the covers higher up. I carefully draped my arm around his waist and shut my eyes.

Right then and there, I felt at peace.

I felt comforted.

Happy.

Glad.

I felt good.
♠ ♠ ♠
SORRY FOR THE LONG WAIT!

So.. I take it you guys like slash stories?

Audible Perfection. This is about.. Garrett Nickelsen and John O'Callaghan.

No Turning Back. This is about Oli Sykes and an original character. But, Slash too.

I Want To Stop Giving You My Love This is about, OLI FUCKING SYKES AND KYLE BURNS! Yea! lol The 2 oddest paired people. Pure awesomeness.

ALRIGHT. SLASH ENDS THERE. lol

This is girl/boy parings now.

Hanging by a Thread. John O'Callaghan and Kennedy Brock's little sister.

Like You Always Do. Welll. This is different. It's about Oli Syles little sister and Pat Kirch. Try it on for size.

You're As Weak As The Hearts You Break This is actually one of my few first stories. It started on Quizilla, I left Quizilla and continud it on here with a Co-Author.

AGAIN! SORRY FOR THE WAIT!