Status: Contest Entry. :)

Our Secret

1/1

I slammed my door shut and bravely gave my Mother and Father the finger, kicking my shoes off as I threw my jacket and placed it on my computer chair. I didn't even have it in me to fight with them. Apparently just because they are my parents they think they know whats best, and who was the best person for me to love then who was I to correct them. It wasn't like I was in some teen angst about it, but if your gonna ban my boyfriend after he drove countless hours to spend time with me, then you've done wrong. Jake wasn't just another boy, Jake was everything I ever wanted in a boy. From his long blond and curly hair to the way he held me while I slept. Everything about Jake was perfect.

I leaned back against my pillow and slowly closed my eyes, thinking about the argument with Jake and then having him banned from the house? Things weren't exactly turning into the best fall ever, and just having him banned from the house wasn't what I wanted. I wasn't going to fight with my parents though, if they think I'm to young to date a boy just a couple months older than me, then I clearly am. My Mother treated me like I was five when in reality I'm a seventeen year old who was no privacy. No privacy with my boyfriend, no privacy to even talk with him on the phone. Things were getting out of hand.

A tap on my window caught my attention but I played it off to birds running into them, but when it happened again I knew something was up. I grabbed a sweater and threw it on over my leggings, a rush of butterflies overtook my stomach as I felt a smile tug on my lips. There at my window and waiting at my balcony was Jake, with a bunch of rocks in his hand. I slowly opened the door and I ran over to the edge of the balcony, a small shriek escaped my lips.

"Jake what are you doing here?" I asked, leaning over the wooden rail as I gave him the biggest hug.

"I couldn't leave just because your parents banned me. They obviously think our love isn't worth anything. This isn't just some silly teen love we have Nichole, what we have is going to last forever." He whispered in my ear as he hugged me back even tighter.

"You can't let them see you Hun, they'll ground me forever." I said, pulling out of the hug as I stared into his eyes. Those big blues eyes stared back into mine as I felt the sudden rush of heat on my cheeks. Something about Jake staring into my eyes made me feel the way a princess would, like everything I ever wanted could come true as long as I had him. This guy was my everything and I knew nothing could stop us from being together.

"I know Nicky but I had to see you, I also had to do this." He gave me the softest of kisses and ran his fingers through my hair. I was caught by surprise and kissed him back just as softly. Everything was gone. It's like nothing else mattered when we kissed, it felt like it was just Jake and I against the world. We would make it through anything and that was a fact. "You should help me up so we can lay in your bed till your parents come up."

I pulled my boyfriend up over the rail and gave him the tightest hug I could muster, my arms wrapped his neck as I kissed his cheek softly. I smiled as I felt his arms wrap around my lower waist and giggled when he kissed my neck. Something about him made my feel safe and when I was with him nothing was going to wrong. No matter what I would never get hurt with Jake by my side. I pulled him into my room and softly pushed him down on the bed, as I crawled on top of him and rested my head on his chest. I looked into his beautiful blue eyes once again and felt my love for him grow even deeper.

"Be my forever Nichole." He asked, looking back into my green eyes. Blush took over his pale skin as he buried his face into my shoulder. I ran my fingers through his hair and kissed him temple softly, hugging my boyfriend so tightly.

"I would love nothing more than to be your forever Jake." I whispered in his ear.

He slowly crawled off the bed and smiled at me as he dropped down to one knee, the rush of butterflies I felt before was nothing to how I felt now. The fluttered around so fast tickling the inside of my stomach, my heart rate picked up as I saw him dig in around in his pocket.

He slowly pulled out a black velvet box and I could feel the tears welding up in my eyes. I ran my fingers through my hair as I sniffled as he slowly lifted up the box top. I brought my hands to mouth to muffle the gasp as I saw inside the box was an engagement ring. The diamond was small, but as the sun set it shined so brightly. My heart swelled with more love as I noticed Jake was crying. I wiped away his tears and gave him a shaky smile. "What's wrong Jay?" I asked, cupping his face in the palm of my hand.

"You just make so happy that sometimes all I feel like doing is cry, and I just pray you feel the same way. Everyday I spend with you is like a day in heaven and I would never give up what we have for anything. I love you and only you, I promise with everything I have I will never break your heart and I will do everything I can for you. Nichole Christine Evans will you make me the happiest man on earth and marry me?" He slowly pushed the ring on my finger and he kissed each knuckle with love, that my heart fluttered.

"Yes baby, I will marry you." I said, pulling him into the tightest hug as tears fell down my cheeks. "I love you with everything I have Jake and I would love to be your wife." I looked into his eyes and gave him another shaky smile. "You make so fucking happy Jake Fitzpatrick."

A car door slammed shut and panic overtook us both, but our smiles remained. We knew it wouldn't be long before the ban would be lifted and even if it wasn't we were engaged now and some little ban wouldn't stop us. He quickly got off his knees and ran over to my door and stepped out onto the balcony. I followed him and felt the sadness over take my body. He jumped down and hugged me tight and kissed my lips so softly over the wooden rail. This was our perfect moment, this is what we would always remember. Our secret engagement.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments? this was taken some what of my real life experience with my boyfriend/fiance. :)