Sweet Blood

Blood Blood gallons of the stuff

I slept in a trance like state nothing could wake me.
Until there was a pressure, it felt like someone had gripped my heart in their hands and was trying to crush it. Memories flashed in my eyes, memories of Gerard, did he love me, but was blinded by her spell, or did he really love her? It was too much, my soft heartbeat quickened pace, my breathing heavy, something slightly sweet fell from my lips I recognized it as the taste of my blood. I could hear a whimper escape my hard-pressed lips, I felt so weak, it was horrible, what he and all the others in the house had done to me. My eyes flashed open, I screamed and shot up, my eyes landing on a confused Pete. He had just gone up to see why I was making such noise in my sleep.
“My lady, are you okay?” He said politely.
“No, I’m Fine” I lied, “It was just a bad dream, and please call me Maia. ” I looked around, Patrick and Mikey were both gone, I was slightly worried about them, What would happen if Katerina got to them, I cared more about Pat then Mikey at that moment.
“Maia, what’s wrong? Are you feeling alright?” He questioned getting closer.
“Yeah, I’m fine I need a jacket though, please.” I asked, he nodded, signaling for me to follow him. I did, down a tall spiral staircase, into a large sitting room; there was a wood fireplace, several couches and an entrance to what I thought to be a kitchen. Several other door lead to bedrooms. Which made me wonder, how many live here?
“Um, Pete, who lives here besides you and Pat?” I asked as nicely as I could. He thought a second.
“About 3 others, Andrew, Brenden, Spencer and Ryan.”
“Where are they?”
“Out, Its hunting season, best time for live prey,” He said, I heard that squishy sound, and he ran his tongue over his teeth. I had an idea.
“I haven’t eaten yet, maybe you could bring me out?” I asked. He shook his head.
“Pat left me to watch the house, maybe when one of the guys or pat comes back they’ll take you.” He sounded disappointed I let out a sigh. My hopes were lifted and dropped as the door opened, revealing a snow covered and slightly bloodied Patrick.
“Pat! What happened?” I screamed, running to the door and helping him over.
“Oh, Mikey woke up while I was bringing him home, he started to fight me, so I put him to sleep again. He got in a few good shots at me.” He said stumbling over to one of the couches. Pete brought an empty vial and one with a clear liquid. Along with a sponge, he dripped the clear liquid onto the sponge and dabbed it on a wound on Pat’s neck. It began to ooze blood. He quickly grabbed the other vial and placed it under the cut.
“What is that for?” I questioned,
“The elixir cleans the cut and rids the dirty blood, it also cleans it and makes it consumable, just something I made one day.” He said still tending to Patrick. I nodded then realized he wasn’t looking and laughed at myself. The vial, which was quite large, was filled to the top before he stopped bleeding. He looked paler than he did before and I was worried about him. After a few moments he spoke.
“Maia, far as I know from frank, you haven’t had your first kill and I lost most of my blood. If we don’t feed tonight we both will die, now come, we must hunt the hunters.”