Sweet Blood

Love and Hate, Pain and decipt

I awoke the next... wait was it morning or night, i think it was night, it was still really dark.i looked over at the grandfather clock standing in my room. I couldnt see, my vision was really fuzzy and my head felt like it was going to implode.I groaned and my knees buckled, it left mykneeling on the floor. I heard the click of a door. It wasnt mine, I looked over my shoulder to see the handle, still and un-moving. I sighed in relief, i stopped when i heard footsteps, they were light i guess someone didnt want me to know they were coming. Too bad for them I could hear so well. I knew what i should do. I crawled onto my bed. I tried to remember how I woke up. I just tumbled into the mess i woke up like every morning. Why should this one be different. Well i was just bitten by vampires,two vampire brothers. That might be why. I changed into a coffin pose, my hands over my heart, i was really cold, my heart had a faint beat. I shuddered. The footsteps stopped, i closed my eyes, they were barely shut. I heard the old door nob turning. It clicked and the door creaked open, the footsteps moved again, closed and closer towards me. They stopped once more, they must have reached my bed. I was right. A soft hand brushed the side of my face. I gasped, my eyes shot open. Damn, i blew my cover, maybe he wanted me to get up, or maybe it was another vampire mind spell. I sat up by my own will, I lookedto see who was next to me. I didnt recognise them. I juped and fell off my bed.
"OW!" I screamed out in pain. I had landed partially on my head, and my hand, right where i had the cut and a bruise from falling 4 days ago.
"Whoa, are you okay?" the short kid asked. I was crying, I had gotten onto my knees and all i could do was bend over and cry. I felt myself gag, i hadent eaten in so long that i had nothing to throw-up. I couldnt speak, so i just shook my head no. He walked up beside me, picking me up and helped me get on my feet.
"Thanks, ah, whats your name?" I asked in confusion. I cringed when i saw what looked like scars on his neck.
"Frank, and i know you are Maia," he said firmly and calmly."There are clothes in the wardrobe, you might want to change, Im really surprised that they let you live, Gerard must really like you, we all havent eaten in days, but a new member does give a reason to go on a hunt" he said, the mirk on his face was sickening.
"Um, thanks Frank, If you dont mind, i would like to change alone." I told him, i wondered how many others lived in the house. It was big enough for about 30 people to live in.
"Ah, yes, I will be outside of the door when you are ready." He left the room and locked the door. Wow they really didnt want me to escape. I wouldnt dare, i would never survive on my own again. I didnt want to leave gerard either, even if he did make me a, well vampire.
I walked up to the wardrobe, and opened it. The rusty hinges creaked, i hated that noise. it sounded like nails on a calkboard. School, Gerard seemed to have no trouble with it. I looked inside. There were two different things, Beautiful long dresses and more modern dressed, I took one down, It was a strapless, black with a red strip of silk fashioned like a belt and tied into a bow. the bottom was a black mesh material, I slipped it on, There was a pair of black dress slippers, my feet were frezzing so i put them on over my fishnet stockings.I yelled to frank.
"Open the door, Im dressed now!"
I heard him laughing. Then the sound of the lock clicking and the sight of the door opening.
He held it open for me and let me pass, I went to take another step and pulled me into a choke-hold.
I made a small scream when he grabbed me. I couldnt speak he was holding me so tight. I was gasping for breath, I could feel myself slipping. I heard footsteps running towards me.
"Frank get your fucking hands off of her!" It was Gerard, then i heard the distinct sound of a fist hitting someone in the face. I could breathe again. I fell to the floor, taking deep breaths.
I felt Gerard pull my arm, he helped me stand up.
"Thank you so much Gerard." i whimpered, grabbing him and pulling him into and embrace.
"I'll never let him hurt you, sorry about him, he is just really hungry, we all are, he musnt have realized you had been converted, unless he just wanted you out of the way so he could have me."he said, there was something about his tone of voice,
"Me and Mikey convert whoever we think is strong. Or we love, so alot of times that means we have to be gay to get people. Frank was our most recent, i brought him here long ago because i... loved him, we had been converting mainly guys because they were better at handling it all, and i think i had turned gay for a long time, it wasnt soon after that i caught him out at a bar with other men, it hurt me so much. I gave him a remedy that broke our tie. That really angered him, he would have left the allience if it wasnt for the fact that, well it was the night my parents and grandma really died. They were caught by a hunter, who in turn tied tourturing our location out of them, when they didnt cough it up, they had their hearts cut out, and were then burried in unconcerated grounds." He stopped, i could see tears in his eyes.
"Gerard, its okay now, it wasnt your fault, just be happy you didnt get caught, as for frank, well as long as you dont send him to get me in the morning EVER again, i forgive him.now come on, where is it we need to go?" I comforted him, putting my hands around his waist. He smiled, taking my hands,
"You need to meet the rest of the clan, and im sorry to say that the only girl who has ever been a part, killed herself two weeks after being converted."
The way he spoke was way too calm for someone talking about suicide.
"What! Why did she do that?" I yelled
"Well the note she left said she couldn’t bear the pain of loss and she was tired of being part of us. We never even found her body, she must have one of the hardest way for a vampire, the sun or a hunter," still very calm.
"Oh, well its too bad you couldn’t even say good-bye to her, even her body” I said solemnly.
We walked down the long dark corridor towards a large Sitting room, there were thick drapes closed over the windows. The only source of light was a chandelier, it looked like it had 50 bulbs on it, only 10 were lighten up. I looked down, there were about seven seats around a glass coffee table, a steaming crimson pot was in the middle, mugs were situated around it, most were half full, sitting in front of 4 chairs, only one didn’t have anyone sitting in it. Must have been Franks seat I wondered.
Gerard pulled a chair out for me, I sat down, it was so comfortable.
"Thanks" I whispered smiling; he simply nodded and sat beside me.
In front of me sat a full cup of coffee, as mean as my mother was to me, she taught me never to drink something you didn’t prepare yourself. I believed it too. I was almost date raped by this one guy; he said he felt bad when I woke up, tied at the wrists and ankles. I ended my love life for a year or so after that, it was too embarrassing to think about. I decided it would be best not to tell anybody.
I tried not to move when I felt Gerard’s cold but soft hand fall upon my own. All I did was smile, a tingling sensation went down my spine, as if he were in my head, reading my thoughts, I quickly forgot about the whole almost rape thing. The thought I came up with was a bit depressing.
Gerard gave me a funny look and just turned back to face the guys.
“You all have noticed our new member, I know we had our trouble with females in the past but, this one is different. She knows ore than we probably do. Don’t you Maia?” He turned to face me at the last part, I’m glad he didn’t use my pet name, I think then more than just Frank would be attacking me. Gerard laughed, SHIT! He was still holding my hand. “Is that so, Sweet?” it was Mikey’s voice, stupid Mikey. I felt a pain in my hand when Mikey said this, Gerard had tightened his grip, I didn’t tell him what happened the other night when me threw me to the curb. He looked at me quizically, hmm... this mind thing was anadvantge right now, I will tell you tonight, i thought, he nodded. Turning back towards the rest of the group,
"Well getting back onto the topic, Maia, this is the rest of the group, we have a few members out scouting, and frank, well he is just out. Presently here is Bob, Ray, and my broter Mikey, who you have already met."
He said, most of the time laughing because introductions were only needed for Ray and Bob so far.Plus, the part with Frank was funny.
The conversation went on for a little while, until Gerard told me to go to my room. I looked him in the eyes, and nodded. He was still holding my hand when i stood up, 'I love you' i thought, i looked to see him smile. I smiled back.
I tried remembering where my room was in the black hall. I figured i must have passed it when i reached a dead end, But there was a door near the end, It was painted red. I hadnt been paying any attention to anything, so I didnt hear the footsteps until it was too late.
Frankie had snuck up behind me, He grabbed me. Covering my mouth so i couldnt scream.
"Your stupid boyfriend cant save you now bitch" he wispered in my ear. "You scream and i will kill you on the spot," .