Guilty Pleasure

Dos

The conversation kept going, and little by little I gained more confidence with the guys and with that I discovered that they were really, really crazy.
And I thought Vicky was crazy.
These guys…are…wow.
You can’t stop laughing.

“No Alex! The dance is not like that!” Gabe was yelling like it was the most important event of the day.
Both were trying to make the Soulja Boy dance since the song was playing on the radio.

“I don’t get this!” Alex was frustrated ‘cause he couldn’t do a step.

The rest of us were just cracking up on the couch, trying to contain our breath.

“Guys stop! Alex just give up!” Vicky tried to speak between all her laugher.

“I’m the best!” Gabe rejoiced and then he sat back in the couch in front of me.

I looked down to the table and noticed that the plate with chips was empty, so I decided to go for more.

“I’m going fill this up” I informed Vicky pointing to the plate.

She just nodded and continued with the conversation.

I got up, plate in hand, and made my way to that narrow kitchen.
I put the plate in one of the inns in the kitchen and leaned on this.

“You are not going to fill that up?”

I heard a voice behind that scared me and I turned around quickly.

“Sorry, I didn’t want to scare you” Gabe apologized.

He stayed there, leaned against one of the inns at the begging of the kitchen.

“Um, don’t worry, I was going to put more chips” I said taking out a big bag of chips of one of the cabinets.

There was a silent in where I felt the stare of Gabe on my back, it was kinda uncomfortable.
No, no kind, extremely uncomfortable.

“I like your hair” He said with a smooth voice.

I turned around to see him.
He was looking at me smoothly like when he talked to me a few seconds ago.

I felt how an electric current passed through my body at the moment when our eyes connected.
I had never felt this feeling with anyone.
I opened my mouth but immediately shut it and turned around to do like I was putting more chips in the plate.

When I finished with the food I took the plate and went to the kitchen’s exit, which I’m gonna remember is very narrow.
To go out of the kitchen I needed to pass through an inn and Gabe.

When I was trying to go out he didn’t move a bit, I have to pulled away the most I could but it served of as no purpose, our bodies were rubbing anyway and I felt the same feeling as before but with a lot more power.

I noticed how Gabe put up a hand with the intention of touch my free hand but I quickly went out of the kitchen without letting his hand touch mine, if that occurs I don’t know what would happen.

What’s going on with you Laura?!

A walked back to the living room a bit a agitated and sat down next to Vicky.
The guys didn’t notice that I was back, so they didn’t notice neither that I was agitated and nervous.

But Victoria Asher doesn’t miss anything.

“What’s wrong?” She asked me a little worried in a low tone so the boys would not be able to listen.
I was going to tell her but in that very moment Gabe was walking out of the kitchen.

“Nothing” I said changing the direction of my gaze.

“Laura something’s wrong with you and we are gonna to talk about it later, ok?” She told me a little bit authoritarian.

Sometimes Vicky care way too much of me, she’s like the big sister that I never had, she protect me and help me with everything.

I rest my head on Vicky’s shoulder and close my eyes trying to clear my thoughts.
But it was impossible.
Everything was turning around in my head making me dizzy.

I felt like someone was staring at me and I supposed it was Gabe.
I didn’t want to open my eyes, I didn’t want to see him.
I think.

After a few minutes of dizziness I opened my eyes and the first thing I saw was Gabe staring at me but I quickly dodged his gaze looking at Nate who was next to him.

“Are you tired?” Vicky asked me.

“no, no” I said while I was sitting comfortably in the couch without resting my head in my best friend’s shoulder anymore.

The conversation continued and I slowly rejoined to this, I felt constantly the gaze of Gabe on me, I really tried to think in anything else but I don’t know if it was possible.

Every time I felt it I got lost in what I was saying or I forgot what I was going to say, it was completely weird.
I needed to talk this with Vicky, but not right now.

I heard my phone went off inside of my purse and I quickly reached for it, when I found it I look at the screen to see who was calling and there I read that name.
I don’t know if it was the most indicated person at the moment or not.
The only thing I knew at that moment was that my name was Laura Friedman.

“Hi” I said gently.

“Babe, how are you?” His voice made more nervous.
I don’t know why.

“Fine, with more people here, Vicky didn’t tell me that she invited her band mates too” I said trying not to sound nervous.

“It sounds fun” Brett said in that tone I know pretty well.

“Sorry for not bringing you, I didn’t know that they would be here, I thought it was gonna be a girls afternoon” I said and I little giggle left my mouth.

I looked around and everyone was in their own conversations not listening to mine, except for Gabe.
He was staring at me, I really don’t know if he was listen to me and I don’t really care.

“Ok, when are you gonna come back?”

“If you want I can go home now” The only thing I want was that Brett told me to go home now, I don’t want to be with Gabe anymore, I don’t know what’s going on with me but I really don’t want to be near him.

At least for now.

“Would be too much trouble?”

“Of course not, I’m in there in 30 minutes” An involuntary smile appeared in my face, just the decision I wanted.

“Ok, I love you babe” His voice sounded so cute.

“me too” I couldn’t help it, a extremely cute voice came out of my mouth.

I cut the call and then put my phone back into my purse.

“Vicky, I gotta go, Brett is waiting for me” I said to her in her ear so no one would listen.

“Ok, but remember, we have to talk” She said to me in the same way I talked to her.

“Yeah, I know”

“Ok guys! Lau needs to go” Vicky informed.

“Why?” Ryland was making a sad puppy face.

“My boyfriend’s waiting for me” I said a little bit ashamed of actually saying that out loud.

“Let her go so she can do her dirty stuff, Ry” Alex said.

“Alex shut it!” Vicky shouted and threw some chips to him. He tried to avoid them.

“Hey is the truth! You can’t deny it Lau!” He looked at me and laughed.

Oh my god I think that’s way too much for me, I was completely blushed.
I looked at Gabe and I could notice that his gaze was now full of… anger?
I changed the direction of my gaze and just said goodbye to everyone.

“How are you gonna go?” Vicky asked me when I was saying goodbye to her.

“Walking” I said calmly.

“Are you high? This is New York Laura, you can’t just walk alone at night” She was angry.
I insist, she’s like my big sister, she overprotected me.

“I can take her”

I looked to see where that voice came, and obviously, it has to be Gabe.

“I’ll be okay, I can walk, I have done that before” I refused to go to my home with him.

“No Laura, you’re going with Gabe, you like it or no” She said to me like a mother would.

“It supposed you are my best friend! Not my mother” I couldn’t help but giggle.

“Whatever! You’re going with Gabe” She said to me more relaxed this time.

Why they are doing this to me?
I looked at Gabe and he was smiling.

“Kay” I gave up, now I need to control my nervousness.

“I’m gonna call you so we can talk” She said to me before I cross that door.

“ok”

I walked out of the apartment with Gabe behind me.
I didn’t say a word; I didn’t even look at him.
I don’t want the same thing happen again, those stupid feelings that I don’t get, I don’t want to feel that again.
When we get to the lobby I stopped, I didn’t know where his car was.

“Over here” he told to me like reading my thoughts.

We went out of there to one of the streets where a silver car was parked.
I climbed on silence, so did him.

“Where do you live?” He asked me when he turned on the car.

I gave him the indications to get to my place without any problem because I didn’t look at him in any moment.

And we started our way to my house, he had his stare in the streets and I was so tempted to see his side face.
I refused to do that to many times in my head until I couldn’t resist anymore, I turned my gaze so I was able to see him, that feeling passed through my body all over again.
He looked extremely handsome.
When that thought cross my mind I immediately changed the direction of my gaze and stared at the street again.
A few minutes passed with a horrible silence between us but I was grateful that we were finally in my apartment.

“Um, thanks” I said looking at my purse while I was opening the door but I hand grabbing my arm stopped me.

His touch was amazing.
I turned around and I was able to see his smile.

“You are not going to say goodbye to me in the correct way?”
I couldn’t help that I little smile appeared in my face.

I got closer to him, each centimetre I got more and more nervous, and kissed very shyly his cheek.
A thousand of butterflies started flying when I felt his face so close to mine.

“That’s better” He said quietly.

I turned around again but this time I got out of the car.
I didn’t turn around until I heard the engine and the car was driving away.

I want to see Gabe again.
I don’t want to see Gabe again.
At that moment my mind was a real mess, I was in two parts and I couldn’t get one of the parts.
♠ ♠ ♠
okay, second chapter up!
Sorry if I have any tipo mistake, english is not my born lenguage (:
Hope you like it! PLEASE COMMENT!
Love you all <3