Status: Active

I Can't Imagine Being Anywhere Else but Here

New Arrivals

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! My alarm clock went as I groan and bang it so it would stop. It was another day of school and I was not ready to leave the comfort of my bed. I roll over in my bead and cover my head with my blankets as my mother walks in.

“Rayne get up!” She shouted stripping my bed of my blankets.

“No! 5 more minutes!” I groan hoping she wouldn’t yell at me some more.

“I already gave you 10 extra minutes, and Madison is calling asking if you’re ready.” My mom says putting her hands on her hips. I groan and roll out of bed and into the shower. After washing and brushing my teeth, I put on an Avenged Sevenfold tee and some ripped jeans. I throw on some converse and put my hair in a ponytail.

I grab my bag and walk into the kitchen. My mom was sipping her coffee and my dad had the newspaper.

“Hello parents, I’m eating this bagel, and I’m gone.” I say taking a blueberry bagel out of the bread compartment and walk out of the kitchen.

“Wait!” My mother yells and walks over to me. “What happened to saying good bye to your parents?”

“Aw c’mon Gloria, you know kids these days.” My dad said piping up.

“Yea mom, you know kids these days.” I say agreeing with my father.

“Whatever.” My mother says hugging me. I grab my keys and walk out of the door. I turn the corner and see Madison sitting on the curb in front of her house.

“What takes you so long to get ready in the morning?” She asks getting up.

“Well my mom gave me an extra 10 minutes to sleep, and my bed is frickin’ comfortable!” I say as we walk towards the bus stop.

“Well I was trying to be early today.” She says when we get to the bus stop.

“Why?” I ask.

“So the other people won’t all stare at us at once, when we get to the bus stop.” She mumbles.

As usual, the other students stared at us like we were freaks and weirdoes. Okay we like to wear band tees and jeans. When did that become a crime? I mean we wear skirts, but they weren’t as short or tight. In a way we were the “out” crowd, but I never minded.

“It doesn’t matter Madz. They’re stuck up anyway.” I said as the other kids glared at us. The bus pulled up and we board. It was a loud ride to school yet Madz and I stayed to us with our own conversation. We pulled up to the school and of course we were the last to get off. We made our way to our lockers and then walked to our first class, which was literature.

Madison and I were sitting in our seats when the teacher came in and so did two other boys.
“Class, settle down. We have 2 new students joining us in class today.” Ms. Gardeen said. “This is Kellin Quinn and Justin Hills.” Almost every girl in the class started to giggle and wink at the guys.

“Hey Kellin,” One girl said.

“Hey Justin,” Another said.

They both nodded and made their way to seats next to Madison and I. Kellin was on the other side of me and Justin was on the other side of Madz.

“Hey, what are we doing here?” Kellin asked pulling out a pen.

“We’re reading this story and-”

“Rayne please don’t get Mr. Quinn in trouble with you.” Ms. Gardeen said.

“Yea, we don’t you turning him into some freak like you!” A girl named Jenny said. Her little group of friends laughed and I rolled my eyes.

As class went on, I had gotten a note passed to me. I open it and it said
“I don’t think you’re a freak.” –Kellin

I look up and meet his gaze and try not to blush. I write thanks back and we keep going back and forth.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay this is the first chapter of our little story, we hope you like it so far.
Comment and subscribe.
--<3 Domie