Status: Thank you for reading.

Just to Live

New Introductions

Scarcely five days passed since Tabitha’s arrival at the mansion. She was rather relieved that none of the other women sought out to destroy her. A long time ago, she remembered watching a reality show housing 15 women, and she witnessed the women doing their best to sabotage one another for something nonexistent; love. With that show burned into her head, she truly believed the other women would somehow devise a plan so she would lose her job. Luckily, everyone in the mansion was very kind and helpful.

“Hey everyone! We bought pizza, meat and veggie. Oh and Spanish Rice for anyone who’s allergic to diary. Oh and vegan Torilla Pizza Puttanesca for vegans,” announced Brian, walking confidently into the dining room. He placed the bags of food on the table as Matt did the same with the freshly cooked pizzas. A man Tabitha did not recognize set liters of Pepsi and Mountain Dew on the only empty table.

“Wow that’s really thoughtful of them,” Tabitha mused, sitting in an empty chair with a plate of veggie pizza and a plastic cup filled to the brim with Pepsi.

The girl who sat to the right of her smiled tight-lipped whilst taking a petite bite of her slice of pepparoni pizza. “You bet. Even though they’re our bosses, they still treat us like human beings and they are. By the way, you’ve gotten all your shots right?”

Had it not been for Eleanor, Tabitha would have given the friendly girl next to her the strangest look she could muster. Eleanor explained earlier during the day that new employees had to receive a physical examination and blood tests to prove their great health. Among the visit to the doctor were tetanus, flu, and chicken pox shots.

“Yup,” answered Tabitha.

“Make sure to tell them that when they ask.”

“She doesn’t have to. We checked her records. You’re all good,” said the alien man that Tabitha did not know. He smiled down at her in a welcoming gesture. His hair was black as coal, styled with gel in an Elvis-like up do. His green and gray eyes contrasted with his dark hair. Like Matthew and Brian, tattoos seemed to be a favorite collection of his.

“Mister Zacky!” the nameless girl tweeted.

“Oh, mister Zacky!” Tabitha mimicked after realizing Zacky was one of her bosses.

He chuckled waving his hand in a dismissive gesture. “You should stop calling me mister, Vanessa. It makes me sound old.”

Vanessa retorted with, “But you’re our boss!”

“What’s your point? Call me Zacky from now on. Same thing to the rest of your bosses.”

“Aye sir!” she acknowledged right away, although a soft blush rose to her cheeks.

“Tell all the girls too!” he added before walking towards all the food. Vanessa nodded obediently even though Zacky was long gone with his attention fully on his food.

“I think I like having you here. We’re getting some awesome treatment,” grinned Vanessa, moving her orange-red bangs away from her eyes.

A sudden fear arose in Tabitha. “I doubt that’s because of me,” she quickly denied. She couldn’t have been the reason for the chivalrous conduct from her superiors. If all the other women in the house connected her with how Matthew and Brian especially treated them as of late, then when they were harsh, the blame would pile on Tabitha. She did not need a reason for potential unemployment.

Vanessa shrugged her shoulders. “I think it is. A lot of us do.”

“Girls, don’t worry about washing the dishes. Zacky and I will do it,” Matthew said, noticing a few women make their way to the kitchen with their plates and bowls in hand.

“Hey Tabby! When you’re done, I’ll take you to go get a check-up,” Brian stated.

At once, her brain analyzed everyone’s announcements. Her face scrunched a bit in discomfort at the nickname “Tabby.” Brian’s nickname for her reminded her of an alley cat. The other thing she realized was that her bosses offered to wash dishes, a duty that belonged only to their employees.

Shit,” Tabitha cursed.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is a short chapter. O_o I have a picture of Tabitha though. Yay?

Image